An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pictures of Totus Tuus' Entrance

OLAM Dad

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='Dec 29 2005, 10:09 AM']So how is she like it there??  THats pretty cool that shes going to be in the lower church.  I loved it down there!
[right][snapback]838598[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hi, Marieteresa.

She LOVES it there. Any remaining hope I had that she would run home to daddy are now pretty much totally gone. :)

We are receiving some beautiful letters from her. Her Christmas was incredible. The postulants are all treated extra special on Christmas because it is their 'first Christmas' with their new family.

If you guys would like I'll post some excerpts from her letters. Just let me know.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 2 2006, 04:29 AM']Hi, Marieteresa.

She LOVES it there.  Any remaining hope I had that she would run home to daddy are now pretty much totally gone.  :)

We are receiving some beautiful letters from her.  Her Christmas was incredible.  The postulants are all treated extra special on Christmas because it is their 'first Christmas' with their new family.

If you guys would like I'll post some excerpts from her letters.  Just let me know.
[right][snapback]843200[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
How many other postulants are there besides her?

franciscanheart

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 2 2006, 05:29 AM']Hi, Marieteresa.

She LOVES it there.  Any remaining hope I had that she would run home to daddy are now pretty much totally gone.  :)

We are receiving some beautiful letters from her.  Her Christmas was incredible.  The postulants are all treated extra special on Christmas because it is their 'first Christmas' with their new family.

[b]If you guys would like I'll post some excerpts from her letters.  Just let me know.[/b]
[/quote]
that would be awesome. :)

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 2 2006, 06:29 AM']
If you guys would like I'll post some excerpts from her letters.  Just let me know.
[/quote]

i can onlyspeak for myself, but i'd love to read some!!

[quote name='jgirl' date='Jan 2 2006, 08:46 AM']How many other postulants are there besides her?
[right][snapback]843228[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
4. Two extern and two in the cloister, which is full.

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='Dec 29 2005, 07:09 AM']So how is she like it there??  THats pretty cool that shes going to be in the lower church.  I loved it down there!
[right][snapback]838598[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What's the lower church?

And yes, we'd love excerpts!

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Jan 2 2006, 01:13 PM']What's the lower church?

And yes, we'd love excerpts!
[right][snapback]843376[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Mariateresa was referring to one of Sister Lauren's new duties that she talked about in her Christmas letter. Her two major jobs for this year are 'lower church sacristan' and the other is 'assistant errand driver'.

The Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament has two separate churches within it. The main church is on the ground floor and there is another church below ground called the 'lower church'. The lower church has at least one Mass most days. Father Robert Fox says a 10 a.m. Mass there most days and if visiting priests want to say mass either alone or with a group they usually use the lower church. Her lower church duties include preparing for and cleaning up after Mass, preparing vestments, cleaning, etc. The lower church is also where the deceased sisters of the order are buried.

I get a kick out of her 'assistant errand driver' duty. She doesn't even have a driver's license (yet)! :)

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 2 2006, 10:59 AM']The Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament has two separate churches within it.  The main church is on the ground floor and there is another church below ground called the 'lower church'.  The lower church has at least one Mass most days.  Father Robert Fox says a 10 a.m. Mass there most days and if visiting priests want to say mass either alone or with a group they usually use the lower church. Her lower church duties include preparing for and cleaning up after Mass, preparing vestments, cleaning, etc.  The lower church is also where the deceased sisters of the order are buried.[/quote]

AWW! That's hecka cool! But I thought she was a cook?!

[quote]I get a kick out of her 'assistant errand driver' duty.  She doesn't even have a driver's license (yet)!  :)
[/quote]

:rolling:

Me neither! Cars are stupid! Although I probably need to get over that if I want to be an active nun...

lol thats funny about the driving part...that awesome about the lower church part....althought i would get scared being down ther alone.....

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Jan 3 2006, 04:04 PM']HEY! Sr. Lauren is in the NEWSLETTER! I just got it from their monastery today!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
[right][snapback]844820[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

She is?!?!?!?! CooL!!! I can't wait to recieve our newsletter! :D: :D: