An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pictures of Totus Tuus' Entrance

OLAM Dad

[quote name='uruviel' date='Jan 3 2006, 07:20 PM']She is?!?!?!?!  CooL!!!  I can't wait to recieve our newsletter!  :D:D:
[right][snapback]845165[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I want their newsletter!! How much does it cost?

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Jan 4 2006, 12:03 PM']I want their newsletter!! How much does it cost?
[right][snapback]845678[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
If you donate $1000 or more to the monastery it's free!

JK. It's free. We haven't gotten ours yet but I'm looking forward to seeing it. Sr. Lauren said that she doesn't like what they did to her picture. Apparently they put a bow or something on her head. She said it wasn't so bad just seeing the picture but then she saw that there were 22,000 copies of the newsletter being mailed out. :)

To sign up for the newsletter [url="http://www.olamshrine.com/olam/mailinglist.htm"]click here.[/url]

[quote name='Ora et Labora' date='Jan 4 2006, 06:09 PM']haha...............

Someone post some pics of Lauren!! (*cough*) lol
[right][snapback]846015[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL!!!! I was thinking that days ago!!!!!! DAAAAAAD!!!!!!! Please psot more pics of Sr. lauren...you promised me that you would!!!!!! :saint: :saint:

As you all know, one of the great benefits to religious life is the tremendous opportunity to contemplate on and work through some of your own faults and shortcomings. One of the things that Sister Lauren will need to pray and do penance to overcome is her addiction to drugs. Well, one drug in particular.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/OLAM%20Entrance/CopyofIMG_1852.jpg[/img]

Please pray for her to overcome her caffeine addiction. :)

Edited by OLAM Dad

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 5 2006, 09:40 AM']As you all know, one of the great benefits to religious life is the tremendous opportunity to contemplate on and work through some of your own faults and shortcomings.  One of the things that Sister Lauren will need to pray and do penance to overcome is her addiction to drugs.  Well, one drug in particular.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/materdei/OLAM%20Entrance/CopyofIMG_1852.jpg[/img]

Please pray for her to overcome her caffeine addiction.  :)
[right][snapback]846627[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: HAHAHAHA!!!!! thats funny!!!!! i was wondering what you were tlaking about...i thought you were tlkaing about real drugs, but i know she wouldnt do that. when is aw the pic, i started laughing!!!! that was cute and funny dad!!!!

gotta get to work

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Jan 5 2006, 09:40 AM']Please pray for her to overcome her caffeine addiction.  :)
[right][snapback]846627[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I know how that goes! Perhaps one day I'll conquer caffeine too!............ :coffee: (or not).........

franciscanheart

what do the nuns eat? -- odd question but im curious. i would think that some orders especially would eat meagerly (enough to nourish but not to necessarily satisfy other needs or feelings) and not indulge in things like coke or candy.

Ora et Labora

its not sinful....believe me, you would rather have her drink her coffee then have her walk around like a zombie!!

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jan 5 2006, 01:15 PM']what do the nuns eat? -- odd question but im curious. i would think that some orders especially would eat meagerly (enough to nourish but not to necessarily satisfy other needs or feelings) and not indulge in things like coke or candy.
[right][snapback]846966[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Actually, most of the ones I know eat simply, and then indulge on feast days and sometimes on Sundays. My friend Alyssa drinks a lot of water in the Martyrs, and she said when they get soda and pizza, it tastes so good.

Edited by jgirl

hey, ps: are nuns allowed to run? i think i might go crazy if i weren't allowed to run. or BIKE! oh my gosh! does the mother superior allow them to exercise!?

[quote name='stuckinamo' date='Jan 5 2006, 03:17 PM']hey, ps: are nuns allowed to run?  i think i might go crazy if i weren't allowed to run.  or BIKE!  oh my gosh!  does the mother superior allow them to exercise!?
[right][snapback]847183[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i think it depends on the specific order (cloistered/monestary, location/weather) and the habit in terms of what type of exercise they're able to do. i think all orders encourage exercise because it's part of taking care of our bodies but i think specifics vary a little bit. i know the martyrs definately are active, with a tennis court and basketball court on the convent grounds!