An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmassers who have entered religious life

OLAM Dad

I'm new here so I probably just need to be directed to the right place. It seems that there are quite a few young men and women on this site who have or intend to pursue a religious calling.

I think it would be interesting to see a listing of all of them and to which order they joined and when they entered. This would help others who visit communities because when they arrived they could feel like they already 'know' somebody and not feel like such a stranger.

It would also be interesting to see the kinds of orders that phatmassers are joining. I suspect we'll find that the orthodox orders do well and that the others do not.

So...do something like this already exist? If not, I'll start the listing with the only one I know for sure. :)

[b]Phatmass Name, Religious Community, Location, Religious Name, Entrance Date[/b]

Totus Tuus, Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Our Lady of the Angels Monastery, Hanceville Al, Sr. Lauren, Dec 8, 2005

Sista2b, Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist, Ann Arbor MI, Sr. Mary John, August 25, 2004

crusader03, Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist, Ann Arbor MI, Sr. Carly, Sept. 8, 2005

Saint...Someday : ), Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia, Nashville TN, Sr. Regina Marie, August 14, 2004

Edited by Andrea348

[quote name='karin' date='Dec 16 2005, 11:05 AM']may 28th 2005 to be exact and soon we can add disceringsoul to the list yay and eventually me
[right][snapback]828085[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And let s not forget about me!!!! LOL as mother keeps asking me when i'm entering!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!

AlterDominicus

Phatmass Name: AlterDominicus
Religious Community: The Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist
Religious Name: (When I become a perptual professd) Sister Josepha MaterEucharistiae
Entrance Date: I want to enter on Saint Therese the Little Flowers - Oct. 1 (I think)

I still have a couple years to wait though!

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Dec 16 2005, 05:12 PM']Phatmass Name: AlterDominicus
Religious Name: (When I become a perptual professd) Sister Josepha MaterEucharistiae
Entrance Date: I want to enter on Saint Therese the Little Flowers - Oct. 1 (I think)

[right][snapback]828592[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well if we are gonna do the fun little facts

Phatmass Name: MC IMaGiNaZUN
Religious Community: The Friars of St. Augustine
Religious Name: Ephrem (Profession) Augustine (Confirmation) (but they dont use it as i would like)
Entrance Date: wait... I allready entered.
Proposed Date of Profession or Ordination: April 26, Feast of Mother of Good Counsel, Patroness of the Augustinian Order, Or the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary (which varies).

SHALOM

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Dec 17 2005, 11:12 AM']Phatmass Name: AlterDominicus

[right][snapback]828592[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I thought that the SMME had one entrance ceremony a year. And that it is usually in August.......

[quote name='memtherose' date='Dec 17 2005, 12:20 AM']I thought that the SMME had one entrance ceremony a year. And that it is usually in August.......
[right][snapback]828780[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Correct...it is usually at the end of August.....two year ago when i was going to enter it was August 25, Fest of St. Augustine, Sr. JA made a point of mentioning what feast it was....this year it was going to be August 28th, but it had to be pushed back to september 8th because of the new construction at the motherhouse.

Well I have been accepted to the Monastery of the Heart Of Jesus.
Phat mass Name: Karin
Religious Community: Dominican Monastery of the Heart of Jesus
Entrance date: Well for sure the latest possible date is April 9th 2008 but the nuns said I could come at any point before that if I got my parents permission
Religious name: I dont have one yet while I was there everyone just called me Karin.
When I do enter I dont know what name I will choose.
lalaal God's grace is so abundant pray for me as I pray for you

Karin

Slave_of_the_Trinity

J.M.J.

Reading through the list so far of all who have or who are entering religious communities, my heart began to race with joy!!! :) Congratulations to all of you!!! :clapping: :clapping: I ask only one favor though, i really need all of your prayers for right now it feel like God has me between a rock and a hard place. Pray that i may persevere. Right now it feels as though im looking for a community that doesnt exist. Oh well if i knew exactly what order im entering, what day, and for what purpose then i think i would get bored. This way at least im excited because i dont know what to expect next!!! :idontknow: