An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmassers who have entered religious life

OLAM Dad

[quote name='Slave_of_the_Trinity' date='Dec 20 2005, 06:14 PM']J.M.J.

Reading through the list so far of all who have or who are entering religious communities, my heart began to race with joy!!!  :)  Congratulations to all of you!!!  :clapping:  :clapping:  I ask only one favor though, i really need all of your prayers for right now it feel like God has me between a rock and a hard place.  Pray that i may persevere.  Right now it feels as though im looking for a community that doesnt exist.  Oh well if i knew exactly what order im entering, what day, and for what purpose then i think i would get bored.  This way at least im excited because i dont know what to expect next!!!  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]832131[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Interesting post, slave. What type of community are you looking for? Maybe others will have some ideas for you...

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Dec 20 2005, 08:11 PM']Interesting post, slave.  What type of community are you looking for?  Maybe others will have some ideas for you...
[right][snapback]832234[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i agree, have you tried, [url="http://www.religiouslife.com"]IRL website[/url], thats the link to Institute on religous Life, In Chicago!!!

• 1 month later...
srmarymichael

Phatmass didn't exist when I entered:

Phat mass Name: srmarymichael
Religious Community: School Sisters of St. Francis
Entrance date: October 1, 1993
Religious name: Sr. Mary Michael Huseman, OSF

:saint:

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Yeah i really have to come in here a couple times a week. My community is mostly senior citizens. Just to remember i am not the only young guy doing this.

SHALOM

Phatmass name: 3n1
Religious Community: Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity (SOLT)
Entrance Date: First professions are in June

Seminary begins next year. Right now is the time for growth in the spirituality and charism of the community.

It is great to see religious and priests. God Bless you all.

srmarymichael

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Feb 8 2006, 09:12 PM']Yeah i really have to come in here a couple times a week.  My community is mostly senior citizens.  Just to remember i am not the only young guy doing this.

SHALOM
[right][snapback]881123[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, you are not the only young guy doing this! You just hang in there!!!

smm

Phatmass name: PCPA2Be, Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Portsmouth, Ohio, Entrance date: Feast of Divine Mercy, April 23, 2006, religious name? I'm just a postulant to be! Sr Denise until a year from then! Then it will be. .. . .. .

Incarnate Word Postulant

Well, I wasn't a phatmasser but i entered in January 16, 2004. I'm entering novitiate this summer, not a definite date yet. I've kept my name but during novitiate I would like to be called by my full name Sr. Helga Lizbeth

[quote name='Incarnate Word Postulant' date='Feb 9 2006, 07:03 PM']Well, I wasn't a phatmasser but i entered in January 16, 2004. I'm entering novitiate this summer, not a definite date yet. I've kept my name but during novitiate I would like to be called by my full name Sr. Helga Lizbeth
[right][snapback]882399[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow, Sister, you are already in religious life and are allowed to email? That's cool. Are Incarnate Word sisters active?

I noticed one congregation on line whose sisters are wearing different habits. Some are burgundy, some are blue, some are black. Is that your congregation? Are you enjoying your postulancy? What made you choose your community? Sorry, I'm nosy! :blush:

In Christ,

Denise

I always said that when I became a priest, I would want to travel to all the nuns I know and say mass at their convent, so I'm starting to add people to an address book.

Yours in Christ,

Eddy Lee

Phatmass Name: SisterAli
Religious Community: School Sisters of Christ the King
Religious Name: I am just a candidate for the order right now (I hope to be Sister Mary Therese)
Entrance Date: Um...we aren't sure on this yet....possibly Fall of 2007. Will know more after my retreat at the end of February :-)

[quote name='SisterAli' date='Feb 10 2006, 11:30 AM']Phatmass Name:  SisterAli
Religious Community:  School Sisters of Christ the King
Religious Name:  I am just a candidate for the order right now (I hope to be Sister Mary Therese)
Entrance Date:  Um...we aren't sure on this yet....possibly Fall of 2007.  Will know more after my retreat at the end of February :-)
[right][snapback]882927[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Welcome to Phatmass, Ali. ;)

Incarnate Word Postulant

Yes, of course I'm allowed to e-mail. We're not called Sisters until we start novitiate. I love my community very, very , very much. Some of our Sisters wear the habit, some do not. When I started discerning it was very important for me that Sisters wore a habit, but as I discerned, I realized it wasn't the main point of my calling to wear a habit. Our foundress wasn't allowed to receive a habit until she was in her deathbed. So, for her it was important to be covered all in grace even if people couldn't see it. I think I need an extra amount of grace, but you would be surprised how many people ask me if I'm a Sister. Anyway, I chose my community because of our spirituality (being an extension of the Incarnation.)

Phatmass Name: jgirl
Religious Community: Sister Servants of the Eternal Word
Religious Name: I've been accepted for almost a year, but haven't entered so I'm a candidate...Right now I'm Jenny. When I enter, I will be Sister Jenny for a year
Entrance Date: July 16, 2006 if my loans get covered (it's looking fairly bright), and hopefully July 16, 2007 if they don't get covered this year. I only have 6 more years until I hit my order's age limit of 30

Edited by jgirl