An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmassers who have entered religious life

OLAM Dad

[quote name='jgirl' date='Feb 10 2006, 09:47 PM']Phatmass Name: jgirl
Religious Community: Sister Servants of the Eternal Word
Religious Name: I've been accepted for almost a year, but haven't entered so I'm a candidate...Right now I'm Jenny. When I enter, I will be Sister Jenny for a year
Entrance Date: July 16, 2006 if my loans get covered (it's looking fairly bright), and hopefully July 16, 2007 if they don't get covered this year. I only have 6 more years until I hit my order's age limit of 30
[right][snapback]883673[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Is that your chosen entrance date, July 16? Or do all postulants enter on the Feast of Our Lady of Mt Carmel? I love that date! I wanted to choose that date, to be sure, but I wouldn't be able to wait that long!!!

Pax Christi,
Denise

It's the postulant entrance day. I did get special permission that I could have entered on August 15, 2005 mainly because my comps for my Masters were on August 13, but I didn't get my loans covered and I had to make decisions about work and what not. Now that I'm done with my degree, I will enter when all the other postulants enter (hopefully with Betsy!)

Laurentina1975

[quote name='jgirl' date='Feb 11 2006, 01:27 PM']It's the postulant entrance day. I did get special permission that I could have entered on August 15, 2005 mainly because my comps for my Masters were on August 13, but I didn't get my loans covered and I had to make decisions about work and what not. Now that I'm done with my degree, I will enter when all the other postulants enter (hopefully with Betsy!)
[right][snapback]883949[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

God always has a way of putting us where we need to be when we need to be there. :)

srmarymichael

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 8 2006, 09:39 AM']LOL, thats tru sister...it just shows you are "dirt" old!!! LOL, jk!!! I know you are young!!!
[right][snapback]880138[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm 35. :wacko:

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Feb 11 2006, 07:42 PM']I'm 35.  :wacko:
[right][snapback]884201[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I'm 41. :rip:

(I hope you feel young now. :) )

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 11 2006, 09:29 AM']Is that your chosen entrance date, July 16?  Or do all postulants enter on the Feast of Our Lady of Mt Carmel?  I love that date!  I wanted to choose that date, to be sure, but I wouldn't be able to wait that long!!!

Pax Christi,
Denise
[right][snapback]883790[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
My darling little brides' birthday is July 16! A great day in my life!

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 11 2006, 07:36 PM']My darling little brides' birthday is July 16!  A great day in my life!
[right][snapback]884251[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My friends birthday is that day too!!!

SHALOM

• 4 weeks later...
MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='Incarnate Word Postulant' date='Feb 9 2006, 08:03 PM']Well, I wasn't a phatmasser but i entered in January 16, 2004. I'm entering novitiate this summer, not a definite date yet. I've kept my name but during novitiate I would like to be called by my full name Sr. Helga Lizbeth
[right][snapback]882399[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

novitiate? postulant?

I am entering this august!!!

Thank you sr. Mary Michael, yeah i need prayers, i am the last postulant left.

SHALOM

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Mar 9 2006, 10:18 PM']novitiate?  postulant?

I am entering this august!!!

Thank you sr. Mary Michael, yeah i need prayers, i am the last postulant left.

SHALOM
[right][snapback]907832[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You are the last postulant left? Did you enter with a group, and everyone else has discerned they are not called there?

Sorry for butting in! :blush:

[quote name='srmarymichael' date='Feb 11 2006, 07:42 PM']I'm 35.  :wacko:
[right][snapback]884201[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: i havent been on this thread of a long time and i forgot that comment i made about you Sister!!!! If you're 35...guess what....you could pass as my mom!!!! LOL!!!!! My mom is i think 37 but she tends to say she is 25 and that i was adopted!!!!! family jokes are the best and tend to carry on for a long time!!!!

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 11 2006, 08:36 PM']My darling little brides' birthday is July 16!  A great day in my life!
[right][snapback]884251[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

who's birthday is july 16th??? cuz my bday is the 11th!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Mar 9 2006, 11:31 PM']who's birthday is july 16th??? cuz my bday is the 11th!!!!
[right][snapback]907846[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
My wife, Sr. Lauren's mom. It's a cool birthday, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Mar 10 2006, 07:40 AM']My wife, Sr. Lauren's mom.  It's a cool birthday, Our Lady of Mt. Carmel.
[right][snapback]907927[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thats sweet...i rather have my birthday that day over the feast of St. Benedict!!!!! blah!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Mar 10 2006, 08:23 AM']Thats sweet...i rather have my birthday that day over the feast of St. Benedict!!!!! blah!!!!
[right][snapback]907948[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:blink:

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Mar 10 2006, 07:23 AM']Thats sweet...i rather have my birthday that day over the feast of St. Benedict!!!!! blah!!!!
[right][snapback]907948[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

How can you say that about my favorite saint? :ohno: