An Old School Catholic Message Board

Abortion vs. Death Penalty

Guest alberic

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Jan 2 2006, 11:02 PM'][quote name='Cam42']Because that is how you debate, Brandon.  If you continually call my position into question, I will continually defend it. 

WWJD?  Oh, I don't know......try reading my posts again,  I believe that I quoted scripture.

Oh, if you are claiming to be a Catholic, you should assent to Catholic teaching.  So, let's start now, ok?  ok.
[right][snapback]843827[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

How do you know my name? I am following the teaching of the Gospel of Life.
[right][snapback]843858[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You are not following the teachings of [url="http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/encyclicals/documents/hf_jp-ii_enc_25031995_evangelium-vitae_en.html"]Evangelium Vitae[/url]. I have shown you how you are not.

As for your name, it is not all that hard to find it out, Brandon.

N.B. The Opus Dei comment was uncalled for. Please don't do that again. That is called an AD HOMINEM TU QUOQUE. It is a fallacy and it is unacceptable in proper debating.

[quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 2 2006, 11:05 PM']lol,sorry. hope this makes sense.

Among all the men and women who are executed, how many of them were killed because they were a threat to other prisoners?
[right][snapback]843866[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Very few, if any, in today's society. I cannot think of one, in the last 150 years or so.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 2 2006, 10:14 PM']
As for your name, it is not all that hard to find it out, Brandon.
N.B.  The Opus Dei comment was uncalled for.  Please don't do that again.  That is called an AD HOMINEM TU QUOQUE.  It is a fallacy and it is unacceptable in proper debating.
[right][snapback]843879[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Its true though. I can't be in it.

[quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 2 2006, 11:16 PM']Cam you are like a google search.lol,
[right][snapback]843884[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I spent many, many years locked in my cave to be able to do that. It is a nice cave. Not too moist, not too dry.....just warm enough to keep the chill out.

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Jan 2 2006, 11:21 PM']Its true though. I can't be in it.
[right][snapback]843887[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Please do not slander Opus Dei. You will not affect me because of your uneducated attacks upon something you obviously know nothing about.

I have asked twice, now, politely.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 2 2006, 10:24 PM']Please do not slander Opus Dei.  You will not affect me because of your uneducated attacks upon something you obviously know nothing about.

I have asked twice, now, politely.
[right][snapback]843897[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ok Josemaria is a cool saint, but I still hat the death pebalty with a passion.

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Jan 2 2006, 11:29 PM']Ok  Josemaria is a cool saint, but I still hat the death pebalty with a passion.
[right][snapback]843911[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am assuming that you mean the death penalty. And I assume that you hate it. But why?

Your reasons are invalid and unsound. If you can give solid and valid reasons why, I will accept them. Why do you hate the death penalty.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 2 2006, 10:59 PM']I am assuming that you mean the death penalty.  And I assume that you hate it.  But why?

Your reasons are invalid and unsound.  If you can give solid and valid reasons why, I will accept them.  Why do you hate the death penalty.
[right][snapback]843962[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It is my opinion. And America it is used as a tool for racism.

your comment against Opus Dei.was unwarranted in a debate about the death penalty. Start another thread, by all means, or I am sure you can PM Cam.

Edited by jmjtina

catholicinsd

[quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 2 2006, 11:26 PM']peeps?
[right][snapback]844016[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
my fellow "love" children, like you

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Jan 3 2006, 12:03 AM']It is my opinion. And America it is used as a tool for racism.
[right][snapback]843968[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It is an incorrect and uninformed opinion. And I don't disagree that in America that the use of the death penalty can be and is used unjustly. But you need to offer proof.

I suggest that you take the time to read [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=42232&hl=death+penalty"]Capital Punishment in the USA, "legitimate diversity?"[/url] and [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=36477&hl=death+penalty"]The Death Penality, Are you For it Or are you Against it?[/url] These threads will do much to teach you on the understanding of the proper Catechetical position.

catholicinsd

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jan 2 2006, 11:29 PM']It is an incorrect and uninformed opinion.  And I don't disagree that in America that the use of the death penalty can be and is used unjustly.  But you need to offer proof.

[right][snapback]844027[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What more do you need? In America the DP is used by the Southern trigger-happy racists.

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Jan 3 2006, 12:33 AM']What more do you need? In America the DP is used by the Southern trigger-happy racists.
[right][snapback]844035[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The last time I checked, Arnold Schwartzenegger didn't fit that criteria. And California isn't a Southern state.

Again, validity and soundness, not uninformed predjudice. Try again.