franciscanheart Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 man those dresses rock! where did you find them? :
sweetpea316 Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 Ahh... I loved wearing my medieval dress!! [img]http://xb9.xanga.com/6cf86b7768c3125651730/z18058921.jpg[/img]
God the Father Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 Who needs modest clothing? I never leave the house without a top hat, a cane, and a clip on bow tie.
Laudate_Dominum Posted December 31, 2005 Author Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='God the Father' date='Dec 30 2005, 07:28 PM']Who needs modest clothing? I never leave the house without a top hat, a cane, and a clip on bow tie. [right][snapback]840668[/snapback][/right] [/quote] hahahaa! believe me, the cultural criticism goes both ways. A man who could leave the house in only a t-shirt (underwear) has no self respect. Similarly, a man who would enjoy the society of ladies with his coat removed is no gentleman.
franciscanheart Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 [img]http://suzette.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/brown.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.albanyinstitute.org/collections/decorative/images/dress.jpg[/img] i am also a fan of my own cultures dress: [sorry about the size] [img]http://www.usna.edu/Users/english/stanlake/Judy.jpg[/img]
Laudate_Dominum Posted December 31, 2005 Author Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='sweetpea316' date='Dec 30 2005, 07:27 PM']Ahh... I loved wearing my medieval dress!! [img]http://xb9.xanga.com/6cf86b7768c3125651730/z18058921.jpg[/img] [right][snapback]840665[/snapback][/right] [/quote] thats awesome sweetpea!!
franciscanheart Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 im always in such a good mood when i talk about these dreams of mine... i cant imagine how ill feel when im actually living them.
homeschoolmom Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Dec 30 2005, 05:58 PM']Yeah, I guess the Pride and Prejudice/Pirates of the Caribbean look is my fave on women, but other styles are cool too.. I just like styles that are clearly masculine and feminine whilst being dignified and accentuating the feminine mystique. I think the mother teresa style is cool too (saris): [img]http://www.shootinginthedark.com/images/IMG_0757.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.maximstyles.com/home/bridal/images/brb25.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.zenithexports.net/pcat-gifs/products-large1/blowup1.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.zenithexports.net/pcat-gifs/products-small/sarees6.jpg[/img][img]http://www.zenithexports.net/pcat-gifs/products-small/sarees5.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.indianoutfitsonline.com/Thumbnails/CF0009.jpg[/img][img]http://www.indianmandap.com/pinkbride.jpg[/img] [img]http://ajjumari.tripod.com/wedding/f1.jpg[/img][img]http://ajjumari.tripod.com/wedding/f10.jpg[/img] [img]http://web.mit.edu/mindyc/www/Home/03-05/MindyShubVu.jpg[/img] [right][snapback]840429[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Which one of these is to be worn when scrubbing behing the toilet?
franciscanheart Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 30 2005, 09:06 PM']Which one of these is to be worn when scrubbing behing the toilet? [right][snapback]840771[/snapback][/right] [/quote] whichever one is the hardest to clean of course
Laudate_Dominum Posted December 31, 2005 Author Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Dec 30 2005, 08:06 PM']Which one of these is to be worn when scrubbing behing the toilet? [right][snapback]840771[/snapback][/right] [/quote] that's why you have clothes to wear while cleaning or working on the car. or maidservants and manservants for such things. :
franciscanheart Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 oo... maidservants. i like sound of that! :
Moosey Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Dec 30 2005, 11:34 PM']oo... maidservants. i like sound of that! : [right][snapback]840997[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I dont
Honour Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 Step 1: Buy a sewing machine (used!) Step 2: Learn to sew Step 3: Enjoy!
sraf Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 I also suggest Step 2.5: find some patterns for those clothes and buy lots of cloth! Ooh, I love all of those dresses and saris. And kimonos, too, are modest yet lovely. They're all so pretty - and you know, really classy clothes are the ones that we see turn up again and again and will still be fashionable 30 years from now. I've yet to see the miniskirt become the favorite for wedding gowns. Uh-uh. *Sighs with the wistful dreams of being married in a long dress* I'm trying to bring Elizabethan (a la Shakespeare in Love) dancing back into my high school dances, but not having much luck. I think I'll take it one step at a time - sock hops!
Honour Posted December 31, 2005 Posted December 31, 2005 [quote name='sraf' date='Dec 30 2005, 08:15 PM']I also suggest Step 2.5: find some patterns for those clothes and buy lots of cloth! [/quote] Yes, cloth yes. I'd skip the patterns though! I guess I am crazy but I prefer to sew with out them! I love the simplicity and geometric shapes.
Janana8706 Posted January 1, 2006 Posted January 1, 2006 Ok, I admit whole heartidly that everyone needs to wear modest clothing, I'll also admit I don't always wear the best clothing (to clarify it usually only show a tiny bit of clevage, so don't go thinking i walk around in bikinis everyday). I find it kind of odd tho that we have all these adults in schools, and church and other places telling young girls to wear modest clothing, boys will think bad things about you if you don't etc. Then we have forty year old moms talking about what they're wearing and how "slinky" they are going to dress for parties. I was at my little brothers basketball game and one mom was like what are you wearing tonight to the party? I'm gonna dress slinky and I think we all should. Luckily she was the only one who felt this way, but I was like how can these peopel expect me to dress modest, if she isn't and she has 4 boys at home. Ok, sorry that was my rant of the day
franciscanheart Posted January 2, 2006 Posted January 2, 2006 because not all people are living with good morals. not everyone should be your example.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted January 21, 2007 Posted January 21, 2007 I LOVE THIS THREAD! [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='840429' date='Dec 30 2005, 07:58 PM'] Yeah, I guess the Pride and Prejudice/Pirates of the Caribbean look is my fave on women, [/quote] [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='839299' date='Dec 29 2005, 10:02 PM'] I think the old school styles are cooler.. like miss Elizabeth Swann type clothes.. I wish ladies still dressed crazy elegant like that still. [/quote] ME TOO... Then I wouldn't have to wait for Halloween to dress that way without being looked at as if I'm insane. Maybe I'll start wearing dresses like that anyways. I don't really care if no one likes it, and I'd be able to make my own clothes! (I can make dresses and skirts, but I've always had trouble with pants.) I've even made a corset before, so I know I could make those too. [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='840623' date='Dec 30 2005, 09:12 PM'] goth is cool too: [img]http://www.leatherworks.com/images/tf74cu.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.leatherworks.com/images/jv74cu.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.leatherworks.com/JeannieNitro/cbst74.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.leatherworks.com/images2000/vt731Fcu.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.leatherworks.com/Jeannie_Nitro/cinderella_dress.jpg[/img] or medieval [img]http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/livingdreams101/.mids/DRESSBLUSS.jpg[/img] [img]http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/imageserver.x/00000000/designevent/.mids/mideaveldress.JPG[/img] [/quote] Gothic rules.. I will have to make myself at least one like that. And the blue medieval one is gorgeous! [quote name='hugheyforlife' post='840701' date='Dec 30 2005, 09:39 PM'] [img]http://suzette.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/brown.jpg[/img] [/quote] Ooooooohhhh!!!! I especially like the one in the center! I'm calling my aunt and telling her we gotta get together soon and start making some dresses! (She's my sewing buddy, plus her sewing machine can make cool patterns and lettering and all that... mine just does the basic stuff) I'm excited.
Catholictothecore Posted January 21, 2007 Posted January 21, 2007 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='839299' date='Dec 29 2005, 10:02 PM'] I think the old school styles are cooler.. like miss Elizabeth Swann type clothes.. I wish ladies still dressed crazy elegant like that still. [/quote] Pleas refer to P1, when she first gets that crazy elegant dress. I mean, I like it when girls where skirts, but not there is such thing as being ridiculous!
VeniteAdoremus Posted January 21, 2007 Posted January 21, 2007 Hm... my cultures' traditional dress? [img]http://www.refdag.nl/website/beeld/dossiers/thmbnl_dossierintro/Klederdracht-7035-DAGKR-sj.jpg[/img] So... maybe not (Actually, this is not MY traditional garb... it's from 50 km down the road I would be more like this: [img]http://babbelbabbel.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/klederdracht_1.jpg[/img] Still... I think not.) It's really hard to find modest skirts if they have to be 45" to be modest... So I wear trousers. Inmodest ones, too, because I found two pairs that were actually meant for WOMEN... and I couldn't resist. In summer, I wear skirts, and as soon as I have enough long ones I'll switch.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now