Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

modest clothing?


Recommended Posts

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1172439' date='Jan 21 2007, 05:18 PM']
Hm... my cultures' traditional dress?

[img]http://www.refdag.nl/website/beeld/dossiers/thmbnl_dossierintro/Klederdracht-7035-DAGKR-sj.jpg[/img]

So... maybe not ;)

[/quote]

Oh come on... why ever not? :P:

VeniteAdoremus
Posted

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1173828' date='Jan 23 2007, 10:39 AM']
Oh come on... why ever not? :P:
[/quote]

Er... Too much cleavage? ;)

VeniteAdoremus
Posted

Partly inspired by this thread, and partly because I have to visit a school in the heart of the Dutch Bible Belt (yes, we have one, too!) tomorrow, I went to the tall women's clothing shop (appropriately called "BeLong") and got myself three skirts, one to just above the ankle and two below :)

HeavenlyCalling
Posted (edited)

I just went to the store and got a really cool long skirt, I have worn it every where, it's driving my sister crazy.

When I was younger I was in the Itialian parade in Gloucester. I was dressed as the Portugese bread woman, and I got to wear a really cool outfit. It was a really cool thing. I got to wear this really cool long skirt and blouse and head thingie, it was like 110 degrees but it was so much fun!!!! Skirts totally rock!!!

I love those Sari's too, by the way, the pink one totally rocks, I have always wanted to wear one of those.

Edited by HeavenlyCalling
xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1173923' date='Jan 23 2007, 10:40 AM']
Er... Too much cleavage? ;)
[/quote]

Oh..... okay! :lol:

I talked to my aunt. :dance: I should be going up to her house soon and hopefully we can start on some dresses pour moi. :D:

Posted

[url="http://modbeclothing.com/"]http://modbeclothing.com/[/url] has some sweet, modest, up to date clothes

franciscanheart
Posted

modbe links to abercrombie. it could just be me, but i don't see that as modest.

Posted
:idontknow: but their clothes are still pretty modest. and i don't even see a links page. how could they link to abercrombie if they don't have a links page? :idontknow: i had the wrong web address in my post (i corrected it).
franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1175867' date='Jan 25 2007, 12:40 PM']
:idontknow: but their clothes are still pretty modest. and i don't even see a links page. how could they link to abercrombie if they don't have a links page? :idontknow: i had the wrong web address in my post (i corrected it).
[/quote]
No wonder. :lol:

Posted

Modesty is a combination of the 'way you carry the clothes' and the way you wear them. I have seen some pretty interesting clothes that were 'modest' in terms of how they were worn.

franciscanheart
Posted

Can you not buy online? (I think I remember that being my only complaint about them the last time you linked us there.)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted (edited)

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1175885' date='Jan 25 2007, 12:06 PM']
Can you not buy online? (I think I remember that being my only complaint about them the last time you linked us there.)
[/quote]
Yeah, you can't purchase things online... only if you go to their HQ in Utah or from a local fashion consultant... I'd like to be a consultant, but I don't know how many people out here would be interested.

Edited by FutureNunJMJ
franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1175950' date='Jan 25 2007, 02:31 PM']
Yeah, you can't purchase things online... only if you go to their HQ in Utah or from a local fashion consultant... I'd like to be a consultant, but I don't know how many people out here would be interested.
[/quote]
I wish I knew of a consultant out here. :ohno:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

Yeah me too... I know it costs some to become one too...

Posted

there's a consultant in my state, but she's 400+ miles away - not exactly convenient

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='840026' date='Dec 30 2005, 04:48 PM']
I like this style:

[img]http://captainjack.t35.com/Knightley_300x435.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.radiotimes.com/html/2005/09/13/homepage/highlight.jpg[/img]
[img]http://atgbcentral.com/prideprejudice2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://salzers.myvideostore.com/images/gallery/73493/05.jpg[/img]
[img]http://salzers.myvideostore.com/images/gallery/73493/10.jpg[/img]
[img]http://salzers.myvideostore.com/images/gallery/73493/22.jpg[/img]
[img]http://salzers.myvideostore.com/images/gallery/73493/23.jpg[/img]
[img]http://salzers.myvideostore.com/images/gallery/73493/24.jpg[/img]
[img]http://salzers.myvideostore.com/images/gallery/73493/26.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img161.exs.cx/img161/990/photopromo29ew.jpg[/img]
[/quote]


:) I wish that we could still pull off this style today...

Posted

but you can't buy any of that fun modbe stuff online.... weird! :(

Posted

buy the up to date modest version:

[url="http://www.beautifullymodest.com/home.html"]http://www.beautifullymodest.com/home.html[/url]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ
Posted

[quote name='kateri05' post='1190359' date='Feb 9 2007, 09:13 PM']
but you can't buy any of that fun modbe stuff online.... weird! :(
[/quote]
Yeah... you can only buy it from local (or not so very local) fashion consultants or from their HQ in Utah. You would have to go to Utah to buy though.

VeniteAdoremus
Posted

What strikes me is that a lot of modest shops are LDS or Jewish... not that I mind (not at all), but I'm just curious why no-one else, no-one Catholic, is jumping in this gap?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...