Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who is the Greatest Church Scholar


Who would you vote for the 2006 #1 Church Scholar?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Theologian in Training
Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Feb 9 2006, 10:43 PM']Are you expecting to have [i]more [/i]time after ordination?  :huh:
[right][snapback]882480[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Good point.

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Feb 10 2006, 01:28 AM']Adeodatus would have my vote if he was on there. Can't remember the last time he posted though... :sadder:

I suppose I'm a tad biased though; no other Church Scholar ever mailed me exquisite tea, no doubt purchased in some fine London shop. :drool:
[right][snapback]882345[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Isn't Adeodatus at Blackfriars, Oxford? Thats across the road from me I might go visit him...

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='Myles' date='Feb 9 2006, 11:25 PM']Isn't Adeodatus at Blackfriars, Oxford? Thats across the road from me I might go visit him...
[right][snapback]882683[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:yes:

tell him L_D says what's up if you happen to see him. :cool:

he's a priest now.

Posted

[quote name='Era Might' date=' Feb 9 2006, 08:47 PM']Two laymen (Cam and Laudate) leading over a Priest (Cappie)? :priest:[/quote]


Well, L_D almost became a priest. :unsure:

franciscanheart
Posted

yeah then luthien came along :hehe: and he was all :cupidhit: and :cloud9: and next thing you know we're gunna have :marriage:

Posted

JMJ
2/10 - St. Scholastica
[quote name='Era Might' date='Feb 9 2006, 08:48 PM']And somebody vote for Pio. The poor guy is the only one left out of consideration.[/quote]
Umm...thanks? :idontknow:




















































:lol_roll:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Feb 10 2006, 09:47 AM']yeah then luthien came along :hehe: and he was all :cupidhit: and :cloud9: and next thing you know we're gunna have :marriage:
[right][snapback]882908[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:rolling:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

I wish I could change my vote. I just realized that the poll says: "Who would you vote for the 2006 #1 Church Scholar?"

Considering that they haven't posted this year I'd say Fr. Pontifex, Apotheoun and Adeodatus are out. I have been pretty active in the QA, but I'd say Pio, Theotekos, cappie, Cam and phatty have been more active than me in recent history.

Based on this new discovery I don't think I can decide.. I want to say phatty, but then I remember some cool posts from the others.. Ok, I've narrowed it down to either Pio, Theotekos, cappie, Cam or phatty... I'll draw straws.. *1 sec*

cappie wins. :cool:

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

And btw, I think it's cool how all the scholars have a unique style. There is an almost tangible privation around here when a scholar stops posting. Quite often when I see a question on the QA I'll say to myself: Apotheoun would be all over that question, or: BLAZEr would have a field day on that one, or: too bad Carson Weber isn't around.
Other times I'll think something like: Pio would enjoy this question, or: Theotekos is married, he should take this one, or: I'd better leave this one for Cam, or: I hope cappie or Pontifex sees this one, a priest ought to handle this one. Or: where's phatty when you need him?

It's cool.

  • 2 years later...
Posted

hot stuff.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

[quote name='rachael' post='1539944' date='May 24 2008, 10:24 AM']hot stuff.[/quote]
I don't think hot stuff was a church scholar in 2006. I'm sure the results would be different if there was a poll for the greatest 2008 church scholar.. For one thing Cam doesn't post anymore, and I don't post as much. For 2008 I would probably vote for Micah or Theoketos.

Posted

In my opinion the greatest Church scholar is St. Gregory of Nyssa.

Posted

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1539992' date='May 24 2008, 11:43 AM']I don't think hot stuff was a church scholar in 2006. I'm sure the results would be different if there was a poll for the greatest 2008 church scholar.. For one thing Cam doesn't post anymore, and I don't post as much. For 2008 I would probably vote for Micah or Theoketos.[/quote]
you had to get technical <_<

God the Father
Posted

this guy

Posted

JMJ
5/25 - Corpus Sanguisque Christi

Your mom's the greatest Church scholar.

Posted

His mother's combat boots are the greatest Church Scholar, actually.

Posted

[font="Garamond"][size=4][b]Clive Staples "Jack" Lewis[/b][/size][/font]

Theologian in Training
Posted

The greatest Church Scholar is the Holy Spirit, everyone knows that :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...