Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who is the Greatest Church Scholar


Who would you vote for the 2006 #1 Church Scholar?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, I fail to see how he can be considered a scholar in the Catholic Church when he wasn't a Catholic to begin with.

Posted (edited)

Who is the Greatest Church Scholar? Don't see anything about dhem having to be catholic to be concidered.
They are many church scholars; Webster Dictionary defines "Scholar" as: 1) a person who has done advanced study in a special field, 2) a learned person, 3) a holder of a scholarship

Have you considered?
"Blessed Ned of Springfield" [url="http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121150045951015835.html?mod=rss_opinion_main"](LINK)[/url]
Americans spend exponentially more time on their sofas watching television than in pews listening to sermons, this is no insignificant matter. "The Simpsons" has left an indelible mark on the culture.
see Books in print:
[list]
[*]"Flanders' Book of Faith," by Matt Groening
[*] "The Gospel According to The Simpsons: The Spiritual Life of the World's Most Animated Family" by Mark I. Pinsky
[/list]

Edited by apparent
Posted

I think we all know that by "Church" they meant "Catholic". :rolleyes:

Posted

[quote name='Justin86' post='1543410' date='May 26 2008, 02:14 PM']I think we all know that by "Church" they meant "Catholic". :rolleyes:[/quote]

Who made you the tread police?

Posted

All I was doing was disagreeing with your assertion that C.S Lewis is a Church Scholar. There was no policing going on in my post. Stop being ridiculous.

Posted

[quote name='Justin86' post='1542331' date='May 25 2008, 09:47 PM']Meh, I still sent you in exile to Jupiter. Have fun over there.[/quote]


[quote name='apparent' post='1543513' date='May 26 2008, 03:36 PM']Who made you the tread police?[/quote]

Squids tend to self-proclaim themselves as things.

Posted

Hey, my husband dominated.

Awesome.

Laudate_Dominum
Posted

Oh how the mighty have fallen. If this poll was created now most people would be like, "Laudate who??"

Posted

Who?

Posted

Can I be added ;) lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...