Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 And about that slide my art history prof has... I dunno.. you'd probably have to have had the picture taken yourself... I don't know if it is on the net...
franciscanheart Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:25 PM'] And about that slide my art history prof has... I dunno.. you'd probably have to have had the picture taken yourself... I don't know if it is on the net... [right][snapback]888315[/snapback][/right] [/quote] you're probably right. i cant find a lot of good things ive seen before on the net.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 BTW, these are all very wonderful avatars I feel dumb asking, but what program are you using to make these beauties?
franciscanheart Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:28 PM']BTW, these are all very wonderful avatars I feel dumb asking, but what program are you using to make these beauties? [right][snapback]888321[/snapback][/right] [/quote] a really frustrating one i need photoshop in a bad way. the one im using now is called microsoft picture it! and some of our features arent working right now either. blech. we need a new computer.
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 My dad has illegal copies of photoshop if you want a copy :
franciscanheart Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:34 PM']My dad has illegal copies of photoshop if you want a copy : [right][snapback]888329[/snapback][/right] [/quote] you wouldnt believe the number of offers ive been getting lately for that!! here's another pieta... probably my 2nd fav so far... (my first being the last avatar posted in the first post of this batch) [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta12.jpg[/img]
shortnun Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 My faves....... [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta08.jpg[/img] [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta07.jpg[/img] [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta12.jpg[/img]
franciscanheart Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='shortnun' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:38 PM']My faves....... [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta08.jpg[/img] [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta07.jpg[/img] [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta12.jpg[/img] [right][snapback]888334[/snapback][/right] [/quote] the second and third are my first and second favs : im glad you like them!
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='shortnun' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:38 PM']My faves....... [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta08.jpg[/img] [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta07.jpg[/img] [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta12.jpg[/img] [right][snapback]888334[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Speaking compositionally, the top and bottom two I think may look 'better' if they were flipped... the one in the middle works well... the top one, not so much... sorry for going all compositional on you...
franciscanheart Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:41 PM']Speaking compositionally, the top and bottom two I think may look 'better' if they were flipped... the one in the middle works well... the top one, not so much... sorry for going all compositional on you... [right][snapback]888340[/snapback][/right] [/quote] : it is quite alright. this is the kind of feedback i need!
phatcatholic Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Feb 15 2006, 02:41 PM']Speaking compositionally, the top and bottom two I think may look 'better' if they were flipped... the one in the middle works well... the top one, not so much... sorry for going all compositional on you... [right][snapback]888340[/snapback][/right] [/quote] yea, can you flip the last one?
franciscanheart Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 how are these? [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta13.jpg[/img] [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta14.jpg[/img]
phatcatholic Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Feb 15 2006, 02:47 PM']how are these? [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta13.jpg[/img] [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta14.jpg[/img] [right][snapback]888350[/snapback][/right] [/quote] w/ the first one, there is too much empty space. the second one is pree-moh (that means "good")
franciscanheart Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='phatcatholic' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:59 PM']w/ the first one, there is too much empty space. the second one is pree-moh (that means "good") [right][snapback]888360[/snapback][/right] [/quote] thanks. ill work with the first one... maybe center it more?
franciscanheart Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 hows this? its not exactly my favorite but.... [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta16.jpg[/img] and another... [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta17.jpg[/img]
franciscanheart Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 is this not a wonderful photo? im having a lot of trouble with it... perhaps someone more skilled than myself (and probably with better software) could do something with it? [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/pieta01.jpg[/img]
shortnun Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='phatcatholic' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:59 PM']w/ the first one, there is too much empty space. the second one is pree-moh (that means "good") [right][snapback]888360[/snapback][/right] [/quote] That's what I love about the golden/tan colored one... it's off center and the space is not what you'd expect. (And this is coming from me--the person who needs everything to be centered and symetrical.) And yes, hughey that last pic is gorgeous. [Totally off topic: hughey.... Teatime with Freud will return tomorrow!!!]
franciscanheart Posted February 15, 2006 Author Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='shortnun' date='Feb 15 2006, 02:13 PM']That's what I love about the golden/tan colored one... it's off center and the space is not what you'd expect. (And this is coming from me--the person who needs everything to be centered and symetrical.) And yes, hughey that last pic is gorgeous. [Totally off topic: hughey.... Teatime with Freud will return tomorrow!!!] [right][snapback]888375[/snapback][/right] [/quote] thanks shortnun. im excited for teatime with freud to return!! woohoo!!
Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted February 15, 2006 Posted February 15, 2006 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Feb 15 2006, 01:47 PM']how are these? [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta13.jpg[/img] [img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/imagodei/avatars/pieta14.jpg[/img] [right][snapback]888350[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I think they look much better... but now that I think about it, the first one, the colors of the figure and the ground are much to similar and the image is lost... but they both look better flipped this way, and most of that is because we read from left to right... just little hint for future fun... I also just made a few, if you would like me to post them here I can... I just did some cropping and that was it with these two... I just got to host them quick...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now