Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

American Idol


Recommended Posts

photosynthesis
Posted

I never used to watch television until I finished school and became unemployed. I hadn't even seen American Idol till a few weeks ago, but now I am HOOKED. Anyone else keeping track of it this season?

Posted

OH! ME ME ME!

There's a lot of talent here. I don't want any of them to leave! Let's give them all recording deals! er yeah. heh.

photosynthesis
Posted

who do you think will be voted off?

As much as I like Opera Girl, I don't think she stands a chance. The girl who sang "Because the Night" probably won't make it either.

As far as the guys go, I wasn't impressed with the guy who sang "Copa Cabana" or the kid who sang the Jackson 5 song.

homeschoolmom
Posted

<sigh> I've watched from the beginning. I never have before... but now I'm hooked.

I agree with Photo about who's on the chopping block... I think "Crooner Boy" is also not long for the competition... And as much as I like "pinchable cheeks," he's not going to go much further, either.

I will be glad when the mean girl is gone too. I can't stand watching her mug for the camera...

Posted

Unlike the last two seasons, they're not showing it down here for some reason.

Posted

I LOVE AMERICAN IDOL. I even got Jason (my fiance) hooked this year. I just love it...it's one show I can watch and not have to worry about language or sex popping in there. I love the young girl who sang Midnight Train to Georgia. And I love Taylor Hicks (gray hair guy). He has such passion for music.

Can't wait to see the results tonight!!

photosynthesis
Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Feb 23 2006, 09:58 AM']<sigh> I've watched from the beginning. I never have before... but now I'm hooked.

I agree with Photo about who's on the chopping block... I think "Crooner Boy" is also not long for the competition... And as much as I like "pinchable cheeks," he's not going to go much further, either.

I will be glad when the mean girl is gone too. I can't stand watching her mug for the camera...
[right][snapback]895494[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
awww... I liked crooner boy, although the song he picked last night wasn't a good choice for him. but i definitely agree with you about "mean girl..." she's got to go.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Feb 23 2006, 11:55 AM']awww...  I liked crooner boy, although the song he picked last night wasn't a good choice for him.  but i definitely agree with you about "mean girl..." she's got to go.
[right][snapback]895617[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


The guy who did the elvis thing is gone. I'm predicting the big heavy guy who did the barry manlow imitation as well. Have to say that though I think simon is a bit harsh I have to agree with him that the judges should expect more than a usual night club act on this show. These people stand to make millions if they win. They better be good.

Edited by thessalonian
homeschoolmom
Posted

We call Taylor Hicks "Salt and Pepper" ... HSDad likes him. He should do some Joe Cocker or something...

Posted

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Feb 23 2006, 01:46 PM']We call Taylor Hicks "Salt and Pepper" ... HSDad likes him. He should do some Joe Cocker or something...
[right][snapback]895737[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thus far he's been my favorite of the guys as well.

Posted

Totally loving Taylor Hicks!! I think he's one of those guys you either really like, or really DON'T like, though, because a lot of people I've talked to really don't care for him.

I can't believe someone chose Copacabana for a song! That really should only be pulled out for Karaoke. I also like the crooner, but I fear his terrible song choice might mean the end of him... :idontknow:

Dust's Sister
Posted

I'm glad someone finally started this topic, I LOVE American Idol. Unfortunatly I gotta go to RCIA classes during the results shows... all well

I love Taylor Hicks, he's so funny and talented too. I like that Chris rock guy too, there's a LOT of talented guys this year. For some reason I have a feeling a guy will win this time.

Posted

overall from what I have heard the women are better this year but there are some very strong possibilites for the guys. There are some guys who just don't belong I fear. The 15 year old kid is a nice kid and all and has a good voice for his age but he's not ready. I think he is another Anthony Federov but not as good. I even remember Anothony singing that song he did last night, last year.

homeschoolmom
Posted

We call him "Pinchy Cheeks" :) I think he'd be fabulous at singing "Ave Maria" or something... but not as an "American Idol"... I like him... I really do... he's sweet. But.....

photosynthesis
Posted

I really liked the girl who sang "Midnight Train to Georgia," as well as the girl who sang "I am changing." They are both so young + talented, but with humility as well. Neither of them seem full of themselves and that scores points with me.

I wasn't too surprised with the eliminations today, but I will be glad to see "mean girl" get voted off.

homeschoolmom
Posted

Did you notice how "mean girl" walked across the stage to hug "come to my window guy" and position herself right next to Ryan Seacrest for the closing? Smug little mean girl... she needs to go.

Posted

I'm proud to say I've never watched a single episode of American Idol.

Kilroy the Ninja
Posted

Don John calls American Idol porn for sadists - particularly the nationwide audition shows. (He keeps telling me I should go to confession for watching and gasping during those episodes :blush: )

Anyway, I think there is a lot more talent on this season than there has been on seasons past. It will be interesting!


And I absolutely agree... the mean girl has got to go!

homeschoolmom
Posted

You know what, I let my kids watch some of the auditions... (First time-- they are not regular TV viewers)...

We talked a LOT about how Simon treated each person, how people reacted (swearing at the camera out of embarrassment etc.) Talked about being brave-- trying your best etc.

Actually Simon was talked about a LOT! "How do you think that person felt when Simon said.... ?" Why do you think he's so mean? We talked about the pros and cons of having a loving parent tell you that perhaps you weren't cut out for singing... etc.

Dust's Sister
Posted

[quote name='Era Might' date='Feb 24 2006, 10:33 AM']I'm proud to say I've never watched a single episode of American Idol.
[right][snapback]896573[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I didn't watch the first two seasons, I thought it was stupid, but when I started watching in season 3, I got hooked! At first I didn't like simon at all, but now he's my favorite judge. :drool: Paula is nice and sweet too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...