homeschoolmom Posted March 11, 2006 Posted March 11, 2006 [quote name='uruviel' date='Mar 10 2006, 12:53 PM']my absolute woman favortie was Ayla. She had such a full voice, not only can I relate to her in her real life, but she's soo talented. She was voted off. I'm so mad at America I don't see how they can't tell she had talent. But now I love Lisa Tucker, she's amazing too I love Ace and.... what's his name? The bald guy anyhoo. I love those too guys they are great. And I like Elliot too, he's good. Kevin is soo annoying, he has a lisp, I can't stand him. Yes, he's squishy but I wish he'd get voted off. [right][snapback]908186[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I have had Ayla's song running in my head all week. She was good. As Simon said, it was song choice-- not talent. I think Kevin is shocked to still be in. He was braced to go. It's got to be hard for him to keep going, knowing he's going to get dinged sooner or later. He knows he's in over his head. [quote name='onathing1' date='Mar 10 2006, 01:13 PM']I like Chris and Kellie...I like Chris more but Kellie is just such a sweet girl you can't help liking her. [right][snapback]908204[/snapback][/right] [/quote] She's a naughty little minx. I wonder how they will all do singing Stevie Wonder songs.
photosynthesis Posted March 15, 2006 Author Posted March 15, 2006 how'd everyone like last night's episode? This is my first season watching American Idol so I didn't know they had guests like Stevie Wonder come on the show. That is really awesome! this is how I rate the performances: Kellie: She's adorable, and a half-decent singer. I hope she stays this week, because I like her and know she can do better than her Stevie Wonder performance. Bucky: I don't think we'll be seeing him next week. He's going home Ace: I was not impressed at all by last night's performance. It wasn't the best song choice for him, and even though he is attractive, his voice doesn't measure up. Mandisa: I didn't think her outfit was that flattering, but as always she gave a great performance. She's one of the only singers on the show that already sings like a professional, although she could use some wardrobe advice. Taylor: Awesome performance, as usual. I don't think he should dye his hair or anything, because he's one of those people that looks good with gray hair. Elliot: Poor song choice. It was boring, plus the white suit jacket and the dungarees didn't go together at all. Paris: Another professional-quality singer. She's one of the only people on the show whose songs I would actually want to hear again. Plus, she's cute + confident, but not full of herself. Chris: I don't go for his grunge gimmick, so he's never been one of my favorites. As creative as his performance was, I didn't go for it and he needs to do something about those swoopy sideburns. Lisa: Her performance wasn't that great. I predict this will be her last week on American Idol. Melissa: As pretty as she looked tonight, her singing is sub-par and her voice isn't unique. I don't think she deserves to stay on the show. Katherine: I never really liked her singing before, but this time she stood out. Kevin: I'm still surprised that he's still on the show, but today's performance was actually pretty good! While I think he's getting voted off this week, he was entertaining tonight. what do you think? who would you vote for? Kevin:
homeschoolmom Posted March 15, 2006 Posted March 15, 2006 You "voted off" three. I think Kevin's going... Unless he has some humoungous fan base that we don't know about. His performance was cute, fun, entertaining in the "I wonder how Kevin will pull this off," sense. I think HE'S shocked that he's made it this far. Kellie and Bucky did the best that they could with a SW song. I like Chris. He did pretty well with his song choice. I like Katharine, Paris and Mandisa. Lisa was pretty good. Melissa is gaining, but too slowly to stay much longer. Elliot wasn't as good as he could have been, but not terrible. Taylor was great. I don't think he'll color his hair. He shouldn't anyway... Ace wasn't up to his usual self, I think he may have "peaked" too soon and is heading downward.... I think the next three to go in any order are: Kevin, Bucky, Melissa
Jaime Posted March 15, 2006 Posted March 15, 2006 This is the first year I've watched it beyond the tryouts and I gotta say I'm a huge Taylor fan!! He seems so "Anti American Idol" uncoordinated prematurely grey great voice!!
Dust's Sister Posted March 16, 2006 Posted March 16, 2006 I got my predictions right so far, Melissa went home!!! I hope Kevin is next.
homeschoolmom Posted March 16, 2006 Posted March 16, 2006 I cannot believe that Kevin made it through. Ace and Lisa got fewer votes than he did. He MUST have a weird fan base... (I think Kevin cannot believe it. He looks shocked every time.)
photosynthesis Posted March 16, 2006 Author Posted March 16, 2006 i didn't get to see it last night...but I hear melissa got voted off, and ace and lisa were in the bottom 3. Now, in the first show where each contestant got to sing on their own, she did an amazing performance... but each week she seems to be going downhill. I didn't expect Ace to be in the bottom 3, though! He's too pretty.
Gal. 5:22,23 Posted March 16, 2006 Posted March 16, 2006 Chris has amazing talent. Has he sung any Creed yet? Katherine's voice is pure, and she's beautiful - she's got the whole package. Why Kevin is still on, I cannot imagine. I loved Simon's comment on Taylor. "You remind me of every dad who got drunk at a wedding and stood up and sang. The difference is, you can actually sing."
Dust's Sister Posted March 17, 2006 Posted March 17, 2006 [quote name='Gal. 5:22' date='23,Mar 16 2006, 03:07 PM']Chris has amazing talent. Has he sung any Creed yet? Katherine's voice is pure, and she's beautiful - she's got the whole package. Why Kevin is still on, I cannot imagine. I loved Simon's comment on Taylor. "You remind me of every dad who got drunk at a wedding and stood up and sang. The difference is, you can actually sing." [right][snapback]913364[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I totally AGREE! LOL
Gal. 5:22,23 Posted March 18, 2006 Posted March 18, 2006 Simon Cowell predicts top three 'Idols' NEW YORK, March 17 (UPI) -- "American Idol" judge Simon Cowell predicts the final three in this season's finals will be Chris Daughtry, Taylor Hicks and Kellie Pickler. Cowell made his prediction for the Fox TV talent competition during a Thursday telephone conversation broadcast on Howard Stern's Sirius satellite radio show, the New York Post reported Friday. "Let me tell you who's gonna be in the finals," Cowell said. "The bald-headed kid (Daughtry) and the guy with gray hair (Hicks)." A few minutes later, he added, "I think the top three will be the two I mentioned and Kellie Pickler." Around this time last year, Cowell correctly predicted Carrie Underwood would take the crown, the newspaper noted.
homeschoolmom Posted March 18, 2006 Posted March 18, 2006 Yeah, well... I think Simon has a little thing for Kellie.... she didn't do that well last time, but she may pull it back if she does better this week. I agree it could be Chris and Taylor (anyone remember how much Simon disliked Taylor at the auditions?) I think Madissa should not be overlooked... or Katharine for that matter.... Or Kevin. I kid.
homeschoolmom Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 The three in the hotseat (in no particular order): Kevin Bucky Lisa
photosynthesis Posted March 22, 2006 Author Posted March 22, 2006 I actually liked Kevin's performance tonight... He seems to have built up a lot of confidence and has been standing his ground with Simon. Plus, he picked the perfect song. I predict that Bucky is going to get voted off... He's been on the show WAY too long.
homeschoolmom Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 I liked Kevin, too. I agree-- good song choice. And Simon was actually not too mean to him tonight. But I think at some point, he's history. I agree that it's probably going to be Bucky.
homeschoolmom Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 I hate that House guy. I'd never let him be my doctor... he's mean.
Jaime Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 I just love the formula of the show "You had all the symptoms of a cold but it turns out that you had a rhinoceros stuck in your colon" Stuff like that
homeschoolmom Posted March 22, 2006 Posted March 22, 2006 Yeah, that's another thing I hate about that show...
homeschoolmom Posted March 23, 2006 Posted March 23, 2006 Bye, Kevin... When Kellie asked Ryan what a "ballsy" was, I almost died laughing.
Lil Red Posted March 23, 2006 Posted March 23, 2006 i can't really watch it because of directing youth groups
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now