HisChild Posted April 8, 2006 Posted April 8, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 7 2006, 05:33 AM']I can't wait for next week. Do you think anyone will dare sing "Another One Bites the Dust" with the possiblity that they'd have to sing it if they lose? Now that would be funny... [right][snapback]938741[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Ouch. that would be a really really bad moment in their history, ehh?
Jaime Posted April 12, 2006 Posted April 12, 2006 Taylor totally missed kicking the microphone stand hysterical!!
homeschoolmom Posted April 12, 2006 Posted April 12, 2006 I think it's Ace tonight. He should have sung We Are the Champions rather than We Will Rock You.
sweetpea316 Posted April 12, 2006 Posted April 12, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 11 2006, 08:44 PM'] I think it's Ace tonight. He should have sung We Are the Champions rather than We Will Rock You. [right][snapback]944274[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I agree. I havn't been too impressed with his vocals lately. But he's pretty, so he might stick around cause of that.
RascalJones Posted April 12, 2006 Posted April 12, 2006 I thought Kellie Pickler murdered that song, and Simon liked it. Hmmmm. Why do I get the "rigged" feeling about this show?
Asher Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 kelly wasn't terrible... but I didn't like it, probably cause I'm such a fan of Queen and the song. I do somewhat agree about what they said about chris needing to pick a more popular song to have a "shining moment" but he was still amazing and should win. bucky deserved to go.
OverheadNite Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 Can I just say for a second, that I think American Idol is the dumbest show going right now? Way to give someone off the street what current unknown artists can only hope to have, and probably will never get.
homeschoolmom Posted April 19, 2006 Posted April 19, 2006 Poor Kellie... You can't get up there and tell the judges that you sucked.
jiyoung Posted April 20, 2006 Posted April 20, 2006 Well, honestly, she kind of did. I don't think she's anything near the best singer in the show...she has a lot of pitch problems, and I really feel like she's been amping up the "southern charm" and playing up her past for the win--other contestants have had similar things happen, maybe even worse, and yet they focus on her story...
Sarah_JC Posted April 20, 2006 Posted April 20, 2006 Classical music! ? That's not pop idol stuff! I'm definitely recording that one... so I can skip over the butchered ones.
homeschoolmom Posted April 20, 2006 Posted April 20, 2006 I thought that they ALL did really well this week, with the exception of Kellie. She was just way off. It's really all about fan base now. Kellie has a strong fan base-- she wasn't even in the bottom three! I was surprised that Chris was. I missed his performance, but from what I caught on the recap, his pitch was good, etc. Why was he in the bottom three? I think it's because his fan base was not interested in "What a Wonderful World" enough to call in. I think next week will hurt him as well. While in general I was not surprised that Ace was off. I was surprised that it was THIS week-- He did really well this week and Kellie didn't. It should have been her.
Jaime Posted April 26, 2006 Posted April 26, 2006 Poor Paula It's pretty clear she's back on her meds
jiyoung Posted April 26, 2006 Posted April 26, 2006 Kelly needs to go home...now. That was the most lackluster performance of the night. She's been consistently "ok"--the others, if they have pitch problems they make up for it in other ways, but she doesn't have "it." The thing that makes people take notice. She shouldn't be on the show anymore...I don't know why she's still on. On the other hand, I thought Elliott and Katherine were fantastic, as well as Chris. Chris surprised me, actually. And I was so happy when Bocelli and Katherine started dueting--she can sing classical! Yay! (I'm mostly a classical singer--these days, anyway.)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now