An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pictures from Here I am Lord Conference

Laurentina1975

Laurentina1975

Unfortunately, I did not want to make the Sisters feel like movie stars. I only took a few.

It was a blessing just to spend the day with them. I think I learned more in that day long experience (for my discernment) than ever!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Feb 27 2006, 06:50 PM']Unfortunately, I did not want to make the Sisters feel like movie stars.  I only took a few.
[right][snapback]899380[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I read somewhere once that prudence was a virtue! :P: You're so right!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Feb 27 2006, 06:50 PM']It was a blessing just to spend the day with them.  I think I learned more in that day long experience (for my discernment) than ever!
[right][snapback]899380[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
PRAISE THE LORD!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. :lol_roll:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='shortnun' date='Feb 27 2006, 07:02 PM']I read somewhere once that prudence was a virtue!  :P:  You're so right!
PRAISE THE LORD!!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.  :lol_roll:
[right][snapback]899392[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah it's like all my questions and anxieties were quelled. I think that I am inching closer to my YES to God and am closer to giving Him my All.

To me, they seem a lot like Alton...but their habits are soooooooooo awesome! Not that Altons are not, but you know...yeah..

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Feb 27 2006, 06:12 PM']Yeah it's like all my questions and anxieties were quelled.  I think that I am inching closer to my YES to God and am closer to giving Him my All.

To me, they seem a lot like Alton...but their habits are soooooooooo awesome!  Not that Altons are not, but you know...yeah..
[right][snapback]899400[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I do see! Alton's habits are more like dresses. They are kind of tailored Actually they have a seamstress who isn't a Sister who makes their habits and postulant jumpers.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I heard from my YM I was missed at the retreat... I was really looking forward to going to... :( Looks like it was absolutely wonderful :)

Laurentina1975

Sr. Mary Michael sent me some more pics, but I am waiting to see if it is ok that I post them.

We missed you!
I would have helped you get there if you needed a ride or something. Are you going to be able to attend the IRL?

Let me know...Lauren

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

No, it wasn't a matter of needing a ride... my grandpa is in the hospital and has been getting worse for nearly a week now. I was with him or watching my sister for my mom while she was there and I also had to pick up my mom so she could take a shower and change clothes.
I don't know about IRL and I don't think I would be able to go because of the RE classes I teach. Maybe in the future... we shall see :)

Laurentina1975

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Feb 28 2006, 07:59 PM']No, it wasn't a matter of needing a ride...  my grandpa is in the hospital and has been getting worse for nearly a week now.  I was with him or watching my sister for my mom while she was there and I also had to pick up my mom so she could take a shower and change clothes.
I don't know about IRL and I don't think I would be able to go because of the RE classes I teach.  Maybe in the future...  we shall see :)
[right][snapback]900316[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey FutureNun-ster...JMJ

Um...well you most certainly have my prayers.

The IRL conference is the best of the best vocation fairs. Not only is it on the 5 billion acres of one of the most beautiful seminaries, but ALL the orthodox communities are there. You tend to find all the habited Sisters/Nuns there. It's sponsored by the institute on religious life. Google the name and check out the website, you will see.

See if you have a class, it is Saturday April 22, 2006. Is there anyway you could go? I mean it will be sooo fun. Well, let me know later.

In the meantime I will pray for you and your grandpa! May God bless you abundantly!
Lauren

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Feb 28 2006, 08:08 PM']Hey FutureNun-ster...JMJ

Um...well you most certainly have my prayers.

The IRL conference is the best of the best vocation fairs.  Not only is it on the 5 billion acres of one of the most beautiful seminaries, but ALL the orthodox communities are there.  You tend to find all the habited Sisters/Nuns there.  It's sponsored by the institute on religious life.  Google the name and check out the website, you will see.

See if you have a class, it is Saturday April 22, 2006.  Is there anyway you could go?  I mean it will be sooo fun.  Well, let me know later.

In the meantime I will pray for you and your grandpa!  May God bless you abundantly!
Lauren
[right][snapback]900322[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:) I have heard about the IRL Conference and have wanted to go for at least 2 years now, but I am absolutely positive that I have class that morning and I do not think it would be the best to show up in the middle of the day. I go to many of these things to chat with the religious and see what makes them 'tick.' Thanks for your prayers!

Laurentina1975

aww heck I posted them on my blog: [url="http://saturatedbygod.blogspot.com"]Lauren's Blog[/url]
Leave a message on my cbox if you drop by I like to know who's dropping in..please link your blog so I can see it...Lauren

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Mar 6 2006, 10:38 PM']Has anyone seen the coolest Vocation Director?  Sr. Mary Michael? ;)
[right][snapback]904929[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

THE AWESOMEEST SISTER MICHAEL IS AT HOME SLEEPING LIKE A GOOD LITTLE (or tall to be exact!!) NUN SHOULD BE!!!!! LOL!!!!!! jk...she probally is getting caught up from that kick-a weekend with you!!!