An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station is going to get boring and lonely

OLAM Dad

DeoOptimoMaximo

[quote name='jgirl' date='Jun 4 2006, 11:04 AM' post='996498']
BurkeFan (Dave) Dominicans (Province of St. Joseph), Providence, RI, July, 2006; Cincinatti, OH, August 8, 2006 [Tentative]

jgirl (Jenny) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006.

FutureSoror (Chelsea) Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Ann Arbor, MI, August 28, 2006

MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark) Friars of St. Augustine in California... Novitiate in Racine, WI, August 15, 2006.

SisterAli (Ali) School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, Nebraska...Entering in either September 2006 or January 2007...we are not sure quite yet! BUT one of those!!!

passionheart (DonnaMarie) Domincian Nuns of the Perpetual Rosary Buffalo NY. Hopefully Summer 2006.

Sixtina87 (nicole) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL July 16, 2006 (thats what we are looking at)

Charms717RM1 (Keith) Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas. Hope to enter Holy Trinity Seminary in Irving, Texas in August 2006 (I'm still in the application stage so I'm hoping and praying for acceptance and then entrance into the formation program asap)

Lilllabettt (Elizabeth) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL July 16, 2006

HiddeninHisHeart (Katie) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL July 16, 2006

dspen2005 - Entering the novitiate of Our Lady of Mercy, Philadelphia, PA August 8, 2006

DeoOptimoMaximo- Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary as an accepted priesthood aspirant with the Glenmary Home Missioners.

BurkeFan (Dave) Dominicans (Province of St. Joseph), Providence, RI, July, 2006; Cincinatti, OH, August 8, 2006 [Tentative]

jgirl (Jenny) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006.

FutureSoror (Chelsea) Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Ann Arbor, MI, August 28, 2006

MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark) Friars of St. Augustine in California... Novitiate in Racine, WI, August 15, 2006.

SisterAli (Ali) School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, Nebraska...Entering in either September 2006 or January 2007...we are not sure quite yet! BUT one of those!!!

passionheart (DonnaMarie) Domincian Nuns of the Perpetual Rosary Buffalo NY. Hopefully Summer 2006.

Sixtina87 (nicole) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL July 16, 2006 (thats what we are looking at)

Charms717RM1 (Keith) Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas. Hope to enter Holy Trinity Seminary in Irving, Texas in August 2006 (I'm still in the application stage so I'm hoping and praying for acceptance and then entrance into the formation program asap)

Lilllabettt (Elizabeth) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL July 16, 2006

HiddeninHisHeart (Katie) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL July 16, 2006

dspen2005 - Entering the novitiate of Our Lady of Mercy, Philadelphia, PA August 8, 2006

DeoOptimoMaximo- Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary as an accepted priesthood aspirant with the Glenmary Home Missioners on August 21, 2006.

DeoOptimoMaximo (Shawn)- Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary as an accepted priesthood aspirant with the Glenmary Home Missioners on August 21, 2006.

[quote]BurkeFan (Dave) Dominicans (Province of St. Joseph), Providence, RI, July, 2006; Cincinatti, OH, August 8, 2006 [Tentative]

SisterAli (Ali) School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, Nebraska...Entering in September 2006 !!!

DeoOptimoMaximo- Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary as an accepted priesthood aspirant with the Glenmary Home Missioners.[/quote]

:yahoo: Shawn.

I edited Sister Ali's date.

DiscerningSoul

I will still be here. But my brithday is July 19th thought it was neato to see all the vocations that will be entering the same week.

ThyWillBeDone

It is so awesome to have so many people on the Phorum answer God call. But since many of them will not be posting as often we need to go recruit more people, I noticed there a lot people on the Phorum who never enter the Vocation section. We need to reach out to those people, especially some of the younger people who hang out in the Creepy Aliens section of the Phorum.
God Bless

Lilllabettt

[quote]BurkeFan (Dave) Dominicans (Province of St. Joseph), Providence, RI, July, 2006; Cincinatti, OH, August 8, 2006 [Tentative]

SisterAli (Ali) School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, Nebraska...Entering in September 2006 !!!

Sixtina87 (nicole) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006 (thats what we are looking at)

Lilllabettt (Elizabeth) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006

DeoOptimoMaximo- Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary as an accepted priesthood aspirant with the Glenmary Home Missioners.[/quote]

Update! I changed mine and Sixtina's date to August, cuz thats what its been pushed back to.

AlterDominicus

[quote name='memtherose' post='1008053' date='Jun 19 2006, 02:17 AM']
Ooooh, what community will be you be staying with, Amanda?
[/quote]

Its sort of you can say my personal silent retreat, there will be so much solitude. I am staying with the Cistercian Nuns of the Valley of Our Lady Monastery in Priarie du Sac, Wisconsin. I know two sisters there, they are a very wonderful community. Even with the seclusion of their lives. They follow the Rule of Saint Benedict. :lol:

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1008160' date='Jun 19 2006, 09:03 AM']
Update! I changed mine and Sixtina's date to August, cuz thats what its been pushed back to.
[/quote]

Scratch my name from the list... God apparently had other plans for me this summer. The date's been pushed back a year or two. My plans to enter the East are still on though.

Sorry to hear that, BurkeFan! I was hoping to see you in habit at the Profession this summer--but prayers for your entrance in a year or two!

[b]2006 Entrance List, updated and temporally arranged:[/b]

[quote]HiddeninHisHeart (Katie) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL July 16, 2006

TheresaMF - Aspirancy at the Dominican Monastery of St. Jude, Marbury, AL July 16, 2006 - August 13, 2006 (possibly entering postulancy Sept/Oct 2006 if we so discern God's will)

Sixtina87 (nicole) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006

Lilllabettt (Elizabeth) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006

How long did that take to make up or figure that all out!?!?!?

Wow there is alot of vocations for this year. 3 to the same order. WOW!!!! YEAH!!! The countdown for the SSEW's TO BE's is 56 days!!!!

Edited by Sixtina87

• 3 weeks later...

PCPA2Be (Denise) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Portsmouth, OH, April 23, 2006

jgirl (Jenny) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL July 16, 2006.

zunshynn (Jen) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL, November 1st, 2006

Edited by zunshynn

HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST!!!!
if there is anyone missing from this list that should be on here, please let me or OLAM dad know!!!!!

[quote]HiddeninHisHeart (Katie) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL July 16, 2006

TheresaMF - Aspirancy at the Dominican Monastery of St. Jude, Marbury, AL July 16, 2006 - August 13, 2006 (possibly entering postulancy Sept/Oct 2006 if we so discern God's will)

Sixtina87 (nicole) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006

DeoOptimoMaximo- Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary as an accepted priesthood aspirant with the Glenmary Home Missioners.

zunshynn (Jen) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL, November 1st, 2006[/quote]

Edited by Sixtina87

Marieteresa

Marieteresa -(shernel) Aspirancy at the Dominican Monastery of the Heart of Jesus, Lockport, LA Aug 11-27 entrance this year possibly Sept or Dec....Lord Willing.

she_who_is_not

Marieteresa,
I'm so glad you will be making an aspirancy. Prayers for you and your discernment.
Amanda

[quote name='Marieteresa' post='1021299' date='Jul 10 2006, 03:05 PM']
Marieteresa -(shernel) Aspirancy at the Dominican Monastery of the Heart of Jesus, Lockport, LA Aug 11-27 entrance this year possibly Sept or Dec....Lord Willing.
[/quote]
Shernel,

This is AWESOME news! I'm so happy that you'll get to spend so much time with this fine community. I trust that you'll let us know how it went when you return!

Okay everyone, here is the most recent list of those who are entering and those are making aspirances this year, starting with those who are entering in July of 2006!!!!!

We have two people this month or this weekend I should say who will be leaving us, Katie and Theresa who is making an aspirancy. Please keep them in your prayers as they journey towards the Lord!!!!!

Marieteresa -(shernel) Aspirancy at the Dominican Monastery of the Heart of Jesus, Lockport, LA Aug 11-27 entrance this year possibly Sept or Dec....Lord Willing

zunshynn (Jen) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL, November 1st, 2006[/quote]