An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station is going to get boring and lonely

OLAM Dad

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='920884' date='Mar 24 2006, 06:28 PM']
2006 is looking to become a banner year for Phatmass vocations. I'm not talking 'maybes' or 'gee I would like tos' here (as great as they are too). I'm talking about people with real plans to enter this year.

If you've got plans for THIS YEAR, please reply with your screen name, order, and month of planned entrance.

If you don't mind would you please copy and paste the previous names into your own so that in the end we have a single reply with all the names on it?

This should be fun.
[/quote]

BurkeFan (Dave) Dominicans (Province of St. Joseph), Providence, RI, July, 2006; Cincinatti, OH, August 8, 2006 [Tentative]

jgirl (Jenny) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006.

FutureSoror (Chelsea) Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Ann Arbor, MI, August 28, 2006

MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark) Friars of St. Augustine in California... Novitiate in Racine, WI, August 15, 2006.

SisterAli (Ali) School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, Nebraska...Entering in September 2006 !!!

passionheart (DonnaMarie) Domincian Nuns of the Perpetual Rosary Buffalo NY. Hopefully Summer 2006.

Sixtina87 (nicole) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006 (thats what we are looking at)

Charms717RM1 (Keith) Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas. Hope to enter Holy Trinity Seminary in Irving, Texas in August 2006 (I'm still in the application stage so I'm hoping and praying for acceptance and then entrance into the formation program asap)

Lilllabettt (Elizabeth) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006

HiddeninHisHeart (Katie) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL July 16, 2006

dspen2005 - Entering the novitiate of Our Lady of Mercy, Philadelphia, PA August 8, 2006

DeoOptimoMaximo- Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary as an accepted priesthood aspirant with the Glenmary Home Missioners.

[b]*** Sadora (yep, that's my real name) -- Entering the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara as a postulant; the Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha novitiate house in Bowie, MD; September 8th 2006[/b]

DiscerningSoul

[quote name='Sadora' post='1032104' date='Jul 27 2006, 03:38 PM']
BurkeFan (Dave) Dominicans (Province of St. Joseph), Providence, RI, July, 2006; Cincinatti, OH, August 8, 2006 [Tentative]

jgirl (Jenny) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006.

FutureSoror (Chelsea) Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Ann Arbor, MI, August 28, 2006

MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark) Friars of St. Augustine in California... Novitiate in Racine, WI, August 15, 2006.

SisterAli (Ali) School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, Nebraska...Entering in September 2006 !!!

passionheart (DonnaMarie) Domincian Nuns of the Perpetual Rosary Buffalo NY. Hopefully Summer 2006.

Sixtina87 (nicole) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006 (thats what we are looking at)

Charms717RM1 (Keith) Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas. Hope to enter Holy Trinity Seminary in Irving, Texas in August 2006 (I'm still in the application stage so I'm hoping and praying for acceptance and then entrance into the formation program asap)

Lilllabettt (Elizabeth) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006

HiddeninHisHeart (Katie) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL July 16, 2006

dspen2005 - Entering the novitiate of Our Lady of Mercy, Philadelphia, PA August 8, 2006

DeoOptimoMaximo- Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary as an accepted priesthood aspirant with the Glenmary Home Missioners.

[b] Sadora (yep, that's my real name) -- Entering the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara as a postulant; the Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha novitiate house in Bowie, MD; September 8th 2006[/b]
[/quote]

DiscerningSoul: Aspirancy Enterance Aug 8th, the Feast of St.Dominic to the Dominican Nuns in Lockport LA.

[quote name='BurkeFan' post='1032427' date='Jul 27 2006, 08:54 PM']
Please, use the most up to date lists!
[/quote]
[b][color="#FF6666"]1. HiddeninHisHeart (Katie) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL July 16, 2006[/color][/b]
2. TheresaMF - Aspirancy at the Dominican Monastery of St. Jude, Marbury, AL July 16, 2006 - August 13, 2006 (possibly entering postulancy Sept/Oct 2006 if we so discern God's will)

3. [color="#FF6666"][b]dspen2005 - Entering the novitiate of Our Lady of Mercy, Philadelphia, PA August 8, 2006[/b][/color]

4. MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark) Friars of St. Augustine in California... Novitiate in Racine, WI, August 15, 2006.

5. jgirl (Jenny) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006.

6. Lilllabettt (Elizabeth) Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, Birmingham, AL August 17, 2006

7. Marieteresa -(Shernel) Aspirancy at the Dominican Monastery of the Heart of Jesus, Lockport, LA Aug 11-27 entrance this year possibly Sept or Dec....Lord Willing

8. FutureSoror (Chelsea) Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, Ann Arbor, MI, August 28, 2006

9. SisterAli (Ali) School Sisters of Christ the King in Lincoln, Nebraska...Entering August 22, 2006 !!!

10. passionheart (DonnaMarie) Domincian Nuns of the Perpetual Rosary Buffalo NY. Hopefully Summer 2006.

11. Charms717RM1 (Keith) Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas. Hope to enter Holy Trinity Seminary in Irving, Texas in August 2006 (I'm still in the application stage so I'm hoping and praying for acceptance and then entrance into the formation program asap)

12. DeoOptimoMaximo- Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary as an accepted priesthood aspirant with the Glenmary Home Missioners.

13. zunshynn (Jen) Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Hanceville, AL, November 1st, 2006

14. Philosopher (Philip) Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum in Columbus, Ohio for the Diocese of Youngstown on August 21st!

15. Sadora (yep, that's my real name) -- Entering the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara as a postulant; the Bl. Kateri Tekakwitha novitiate house in Bowie, MD; September 8th 2006

16. DiscerningSoul (Jessica) - Aspirancy Enterance Aug 8th, the Feast of St.Dominic to the Dominican Nuns in Lockport LA.

brendan1104

[u]Upcoming entrances:[/u]

1. & 2. DiscerningSoul (Jessica) and Marieteresa (Shernel):
Dominican Contemplative Sisters, aspirancy entrance August 8, 2006.

3. & 4. jgirl (Jenny) and Lilllabettt (Betsy):
Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, August 17, 2006

5. MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark):
Augustinian Friars, August 15, 2006.

6. Philosopher (Philip):
Entering the Pontifical College Josephinum, August 21, 2006

7. SisterAli (Ali):
School Sisters of Christ the King, August 22, 2006.

7. FutureSoror (Chelsea):
Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, August 28, 2006.

8. DeoOptimoMaximo:
Glenmary Home Missioners priesthood aspirant, entering the Pontifical College Josephinum late Summer/early Fall, 2006.

9. Sadora:
Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara, September 8, 2006.

10. Zunshynn (Jen):
Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, November 1st, 2006.

[u]Tentative/pending/application stage:[/u]
1. passionheart (DonnaMarie):
Dominican Nuns of the Perpetual Rosary, hopefully Summer 2006.

2. Charms717RM1 (Keith):
Applying to study for the Diocese of Fort Worth. Hoping to enter seminary in August, 2006.

[u]Entered/invested:[/u]
1. dspen2005 (Br. David Michael, O.de.M.):
Mercedarian Friars, invested July 7, 2006

2. HiddeninHisHeart (Sr. Katie):
Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, July 16, 2006

Edited by brendan1104

Just had a short time on the computer while visiting a friend...please add greatkid04 (Liz) who is also entering the same place as me on August 22nd. God Bless You All....

Love n' Hugs,

Sister Allie

[quote name='SisterAli' post='1034893' date='Jul 31 2006, 04:50 PM']
Just had a short time on the computer while visiting a friend...please add greatkid04 (Liz) who is also entering the same place as me on August 22nd. God Bless You All....
Love n' Hugs,

Sister Allie
[/quote]
Your wish is my command. :)

[u][b]Entered/invested:[/b][/u]

[u][b]Upcoming entrances:[/b][/u]

5. MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark):

6. Philosopher (Philip):

7. & 8. SisterAli (Ali) and greatkid04 (Liz)

9. FutureSoror (Chelsea):

10. DeoOptimoMaximo:
Glenmary Home Missioners priesthood aspirant, entering the Pontifical College Josephinum late Summer/early Fall, 2006.

11. Sadora:

12. Incarnate Word Postulant (Helga)
Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament, September 12, 2006.

13. Zunshynn (Jen):

[u][b]Tentative/pending/application stage:[/b][/u]

2. Charms717RM1 (Keith):
Applying to study for the Diocese of Fort Worth. Hoping to enter seminary in August, 2006.

Edited by OLAM Dad

DeoOptimoMaximo

5. MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark):

6. Philosopher (Philip):

7. & 8. SisterAli (Ali) and greatkid04 (Liz)

9. FutureSoror (Chelsea):

10. DeoOptimoMaximo:
Glenmary Home Missioners priesthood aspirant, entering the Pontifical College Josephinum on August 21, 2006, the Feast of St. Pope Pius X
11. Sadora:

12. Incarnate Word Postulant (Helga)

13. Zunshynn (Jen):

2. Charms717RM1 (Keith):
[/quote]

Just updated my entrance info! use the above info! :saint: Congrats to all!

Whoa! I'm next on the list! I can't believe Betsy and I (and Debbie who isn't a phatmasser) only have a week left! This time next week, I'll be in B-Ham sleeping in my gnome pjs one last night before I enter the convent.

That, my friends, is the closest thing I will do to a countdown!

Pray for us (everybody entering) lots! I greatly appreciate the prayers, and everybody else in the same position probably does, too!

3. & 4. DiscerningSoul (Jessica) and Marieteresa (Shernel):

1. MCIMaGiNaZUN (Mark):

2. & 3. jgirl (Jenny) and Lilllabettt (Betsy):

4. Philosopher (Philip):

5. DeoOptimoMaximo:
Glenmary Home Missioners priesthood aspirant, entering the Pontifical College Josephinum on August 21, 2006, the Feast of St. Pope Pius X

6. & 7. SisterAli (Ali) and greatkid04 (Liz)

8. & 9. FutureSoror (Chelsea) and FaustinaVianney (Mis):

10. Sadora:

11. Incarnate Word Postulant (Helga)

12. Zunshynn (Jen):

2. Charms717RM1 (Keith):

Big week coming up.

Betsy, it was real nice having the opportunity to chat with you this evening. Thanks again for your fiat. I'll see you in December, God willing.

franciscanheart

Wow, that list is beautiful! So many vocations here at phatmass! I will miss them all. :) I hope they pray for us!

DiscerningSoul

You can take me off the the list.

I am home, again.
Shernel is still there, she will will make a great nun, God willing.

God has a plan in his heart for me, just don't know what that plan is yet.
However one thing is for sure, I will always be praying for vocations to the Lockport Dominicans, my spiritual sisters.

Where he closes one door, he leads us to another one to open and expore.
Don't ever look away from his love.

Jessica :saint:

Hey Jessica. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you. I really admire your determination and candor. At least now we don't lose you hear in the Vocation Station. :)