An Old School Catholic Message Board

post pics of your church

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

morsotheos, that is the most hideous church I've ever seen. It looks like something you'd see at one of those websites that says how horrid the NO is.

Yeah, whoever designed some of these modern churches (not yours specifically morostheos) should not be allowed to procreate.

morostheos

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1018789' date='Jul 7 2006, 12:29 AM']
morsotheos, that is the most hideous church I've ever seen. It looks like something you'd see at one of those websites that says how horrid the NO is.
[/quote]

erm, thanks so much. :unsure:

Sometimes you have to work with what you have. When our current priest came, you couldn't tell it was a Catholic church at all. Since then, we've added kneelers, stations of the cross, the tabernacle behind the altar, and we're working on a big crucifix. But I suppose for those who like to look for the negative in life rather than the positive no improvement is good enough. <_<

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1018789' date='Jul 6 2006, 10:29 PM']
[/quote]
can you build a better church yourself??

I DON'T THINK SO!

Not to sound malicious, but the man's got a point, it's not very attractive.
Morostheos, you should update us when you get the new Crucifix installed. :)

don't hate!

appreciate

this is my parish when i was in iraq

[mod]Pics too big- dUSt[/mod]

[quote]Yeah, whoever designed some of these modern churches (not yours specifically morostheos) should not be allowed to procreate.[/quote]

most definetly.

[quote]erm, thanks so much. unsure.gif [/quote]

you're welcome :D:

[quote]Sometimes you have to work with what you have. When our current priest came, you couldn't tell it was a Catholic church at all.[/quote]

you still cant! :P:

[quote]Since then, we've added kneelers, stations of the cross, the tabernacle behind the altar, and we're working on a big crucifix. [/quote]

Maybe when you add a high ad orientam altar and a stature of the God's Mom it will look Catholic, but until then, it looks pretty low church anglican to me!

[quote]But I suppose for those who like to look for the negative in life rather than the positive no improvement is good enough. dry.gif[/quote]

you know what they say: The only good NO is an NO completely in Latin with an ad orientam altar, no altar girls, communion kneeling on the tounge, incence, bells, traditional vestments for the clergy and altar boys, EMHCs and the Leonine prayers. Anything less traditional than that is unsatisfactory and needing improvement.

[quote name='Cam42' post='935818' date='Apr 4 2006, 08:04 PM']
Ya mean like this????? Here is my home parish......

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/camilam42/altarflr-1024.jpg[/img]

Here is Solemn Vespers.....
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/camilam42/agnesDayVespers2-1024.jpg[/img]

And here is Mass with Bishop Perry.....auxiliary of Chicago........
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/camilam42/agnesDayVespers3-1024.jpg[/img]

Just a couple......oh, here is a clear picture of the sanctuary.......
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/camilam42/churchfromloft1024.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[size=1][color="FF6699"]Thats my parish too!
FUN FUN!
Good Ol' St Agnes!
[/color][/size]

[quote] You obviosuly didn't learn anything from your suspension...[/quote]

yes I did. I learned to accept the NO as long as its said like it is a Cam's parish. If it doesnt feel like a TLM then I don't like it.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1019312' date='Jul 7 2006, 01:07 PM']
yes I did. I learned to accept the NO as long as its said like it is a Cam's parish. If it doesnt feel like a TLM then I don't like it.
[/quote]

The way it is at cams parish is how it is at mine.. My parish isnt big and rich but it certainly isnt modernist. It looks Catholic too
with the tabernacle where it belongs.. and The NO mass is said in Latin every sunday and there are no Euch ministers, and no one is aloud to recieve
by hand. Only on the tongue. (intinction). Very beautiful mass.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1019312' date='Jul 7 2006, 01:07 PM']
[/quote]
what do you think of my parish in iraq

when we shared that church with the protestants

Except you seem not to be considering that not everyone is as lucky as you are, and is without a gorgeous Church anywhere in the area. And I would have to put forward my opinion that if the priest is orthodox and reverent, one should be able to put aside one's loathing of the arcitecture for a few years at least. We NO Catholics [i]are not [/i] responsible for the idiocies of 70s era architects. Morotheos is being grateful for the improvements that [i]are[/i] happening in his Church, and I don't think you should belittle that.

[quote name='Tindomiel' post='1019373' date='Jul 7 2006, 02:25 PM']
Except you seem not to be considering that not everyone is as lucky as you are, and is without a gorgeous Church anywhere in the area. And I would have to put forward my opinion that if the priest is orthodox and reverent, one should be able to put aside one's loathing of the arcitecture for a few years at least. We NO Catholics [i]are not [/i] responsible for the idiocies of 70s era architects. Morotheos is being grateful for the improvements that [i]are[/i] happening in his Church, and I don't think you should belittle that.
[/quote]
THANK YOU!

her church btw.

Edited by ReinnieR

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' post='952467' date='Apr 18 2006, 01:48 PM']
one of my favorite churches is the Catholic Church in Harrpers Ferry.

very beatiful
[/quote]
We went there.