An Old School Catholic Message Board

Grey's Anatomy: The Show

franciscanheart

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='982540' date='May 16 2006, 03:11 PM']
BTW - Did yall know GA is moving to Thursday nights in the fall?! I'm bummed! Thursdays are so very random. I like my weekend drama! Anyway, 'Alex' was on The View this morning and the producers told him right before he went out that the time was changing. I thought it was weird that he didn't know that yet but I guess we're all just finding out. I think he's right about the show holding it's own even on a different night.
[/quote]
ABC has a history of ruining great shows by moving them around. Alias, for example. Fantastic show, then ABC tried to move it to bolster viewership on another night, and it didn't work out.

[size=1][color="330000"]Yea me too!
I think sunday nights is perfect
[/color][/size]

That would definitely mess things up, but I'd prolly find some way to watch it! :)

Bailey is great..... "Where are my smell of elderberries-ups??" hahahahaha :lol_roll:

franciscanheart

I'm definitely bummed about the whole thursday night thing. I too will be very disappointed if they kill GA to up their ratings. Obviously they GOT the ratings! I didn't watch a single show this morning that didn't talk a LOT about GA! Ugh..

[quote name='Theoketos' post='982494' date='May 16 2006, 09:29 AM']
So, because of this thread, I thought the show might be ok, it is not.

There are explicit sexual adulterous scenes in it.

No thank you.
[/quote]

theo, i totally agree <_< plus its horribly written and the music smells of elderberries

lol and i can't believe how many people on here who's opinions i look up to LOVE this show :rolleyes:

although, on a separate note.... i'm sad to admit i have a sick love-hate relationship that forces me to watch it so that i can hate it :blush: its sick, i know :sadwalk:

Theologian in Training

Speaking of music, Kate Havnevik (the one who did "Unlike Me" during the shower scene (when they were cleaning Meredith after the explosion) also has another new one which they played last night, entitled "Grace." Personally, I think it was inappropriate to use such a beautiful song with the ummm..."intimate" scene, but the song is great. Here are the lyrics

GRACE

Im on my knees
only memories
are left for me to hold

Dont know how
but Ill get by
Slowly pull myself together

Theres no escape
So keep me safe
This feels so unreal

Nothing comes easily
Fill this empty space
Nothing is like it seems
Turn my grief to grace

I feel the cold
Loneliness unfold
Like from another world

Come what may
I wont fade away
But I know I might change

Nothing comes easily
Fill this empty space
Nothing is like it was
Turn my grief to grace

Nothing comes easily
Where do I begin?
Nothing can bring me peace
Ive lost everything
I just want to feel your embrace

The site is here [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=31073649"]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=31073649[/url] They have the acoustic "Unlike Me," the one they used during the shower scene and "Grace" and another song they used on another one of the episodes "Nowhere Warm."

Check it out

Edited by Theologian in Training

thanks theo for the tips! ;) i know you got my back when it comes to the music

how do you download from myspace though? :huh:

[quote name='kateri05' post='982663' date='May 16 2006, 01:53 PM']
theo, i totally agree <_< plus its horribly written and the music smells of elderberries
lol and i can't believe how many people on here who's opinions i look up to LOVE this show :rolleyes:
although, on a separate note.... i'm sad to admit i have a sick love-hate relationship that forces me to watch it so that i can hate it :blush: its sick, i know :sadwalk:
[/quote]
hey :maddest: this thread isn't for haters. :maddest:

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Lil Red' post='982686' date='May 16 2006, 03:20 PM']
thanks theo for the tips! ;) i know you got my back when it comes to the music

how do you download from myspace though? :huh:
[/quote]

Well, see that's the thing, you can only listen to it on the web, you cannot dload it. She said she plans on putting the acoustic "Unlike Me" on iTunes soon, and maybe this new song as well.

As to the music, since I finally found artists I like, I have found a bunch of them, Kate included :)

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Lil Red' post='982692' date='May 16 2006, 03:28 PM']
i wish you could download it somewhere. i love the songs she has on there! :(
[/quote]

I know. You can get one of the songs they had on GA and the non-acoustic version of "Unlike Me" from iTunes though. Just search for her CD Melankton. Truth be told, I like some of her songs, but not all, so I have not dloaded the CD.

franciscanheart

[quote name='kateri05' post='982663' date='May 16 2006, 01:53 PM']

[/quote]
horribly written? what planet are you from? <_<

:P: hater.

anyway, the music is definitely awesome as it accompanies the show. outside of that, i have no idea.

HomeTeamFamily

ok here we go with my take on the current state of GA:

--izzie went nuts and should definitely be kicked out, not that i want her to be, shes my fave female on there, but as far as the medical aspect of the show goes, its prolly best if she not work in the hospital lol
--alex is growing on me, even when he was the mean guy, his character was still kinda likeable. definitely like him better because he is not involved in as much of the drama between the characters as the others. where does he live by the way?
--meredith, finn, derek, addison that whole thing is getting kinda played out and boring.....yea yea we get it that derek and meredith still love each other.....loved addisons quote "the only two people who dont know derek and meredith love each other are derek and meredith" i hope this subplot gets resolved quickly, its getting stupid
--im not a huge fan of george's girl, shes kinda awkward and i dont think her acting is very strong.
--george is gettin kinda whiny as well.....maybe him and meredith should get together
--yang finished the season strong i thought. her little monologue in front of the chief was awesome....loved the part when the chief told her he wasnt going to have any part of her becoming less human. i think she realized the truth of being in love with burke and its changing her, for the better.
--i dont think burke will be leaving, even if he doesnt get full function of his hand back, it just doesnt make sense in my head
--the intern supervisor (call her the nazi, cant remember her name) is the greatest

that is all

franciscanheart

[quote name='VoloHumilisEsse' post='982757' date='May 16 2006, 04:10 PM']
ok here we go with my take on the current state of GA:

--izzie went nuts and should definitely be kicked out, not that i want her to be, shes my fave female on there, but as far as the medical aspect of the show goes, its prolly best if she not work in the hospital lol
--alex is growing on me, even when he was the mean guy, his character was still kinda likeable. definitely like him better because he is not involved in as much of the drama between the characters as the others. where does he live by the way?
--meredith, finn, derek, addison that whole thing is getting kinda played out and boring.....yea yea we get it that derek and meredith still love each other.....loved addisons quote "the only two people who dont know derek and meredith love each other are derek and meredith" i hope this subplot gets resolved quickly, its getting stupid
--im not a huge fan of george's girl, shes kinda awkward and i dont think her acting is very strong.
--george is gettin kinda whiny as well.....maybe him and meredith should get together
--yang finished the season strong i thought. her little monologue in front of the chief was awesome....loved the part when the chief told her he wasnt going to have any part of her becoming less human. i think she realized the truth of being in love with burke and its changing her, for the better.
--i dont think burke will be leaving, even if he doesnt get full function of his hand back, it just doesnt make sense in my head
--the [b]intern supervisor[/b] (call her the nazi, cant remember her name) is the greatest

that is all
[/quote]
(emphasis mine) you mean BAILEY?!?! haha weirdo.

im glad someone finally agrees with me about callie ("george's girl"). it's not that i don't like her acting, i just don't like her character. never have and probably never will. yick.

well, callie (george's girl) won a Tony (i think) - so i think her acting is pretty good.

-i think izzie will end up still in the program. whether that has anything to do with real life, who knows.
-i totally agree with mer/der/addy/finn thing. it's getting old.
-christina (sandra oh) acted her best in this episode, me thinks.
-i don't think george is whiny - i thought it was great when he just took control of the situation when callie was arguing with him :blush: