An Old School Catholic Message Board

Questions for Trads

prose

[quote name='Theoketos' date='Apr 10 2006, 09:21 PM']I think that StThomasMoore is a troll that is purposely making both traditional CatholicsĀ  and even sedevacents look bad.
[right][snapback]942979[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

St Thomas More is from lower Michigan? :blink:

stbernardLT

[quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 11 2006, 02:35 PM']St Thomas More is from lower Michigan? :blink:
[right][snapback]943777[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Incorrect, if he is indeed a troll. He lives under a bridge in lower Michigan.

goldenchild17

[quote name='catholicinsd' date='Apr 9 2006, 08:54 PM']Are there any phatmassers who don't claim Benedict 16 as the true pope?
[right][snapback]941560[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am going to wait before clearly defining my beliefs here, as I have not finished searching. But at this point, I would have to conclude that he is not.

goldenchild17

[quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 9 2006, 09:31 PM']As far as I am concerned Benedict XVI is my pope..
.however there are people who remain Catholic but have not recognized the past 5 popes they have kinda branched out and are now floating out in left field... I think these guys are to whom the original question was asked.

So for them this Guy is the Pope [url="http://www.truecatholic.org/pope/"]http://www.truecatholic.org/pope/[/url]
[right][snapback]941687[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

And even among those who don't recognize Benedict as Pope there is disagreement. I am not convinced Benedict is the Pope, but I do believe that this guy(and anyone else who claims to be Pope among these groups) is a joke.

stbernardLT

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='Apr 11 2006, 03:18 PM']And even among those who don't recognize Benedict as Pope there is disagreement.Ā  I am not convinced Benedict is the Pope, but I do believe that this guy(and anyone else who claims to be Pope among these groups) is a joke.
[right][snapback]943825[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Someone please take the church militant title off, and put one of those "I don't rep the church" text, before some innocent bystandered is misled.

goldenchild17

[quote name='stbernardLT' date='Apr 11 2006, 03:28 PM']Someone please take the church militant title off, and put one of those "I don't rep the church" text, before some innocent bystandered is misled.
[right][snapback]943837[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hehe, yep I suppose it's about time for that.

goldenchild17

That's what I used to think... I wish I still thought that way, but I have not found a way around it as of yet. Hopefully this is just a passing phase, but so far in 9 months of research I haven't been able to shake it.

I am ready to give up the title of Militant that I have loved to have for the time I have had it. I don't want any unknowing soul to be misguided by the statements of someone that is labeled a defender of the current Pope. I admit that would confuse the heck out of me if I saw such statements coming out of someone with said title! :wacko: :D:

As I said, hopefully this will pass, and I have asked Phatcatholic and Cam42 to help me in this, and I have no doubts that if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction, it's those two guys, who I still respect even though I am not sure I can continue to agree with. Please pray for me that I find the truth, and that if my current path is false, I am shown this and come back to where I was. :)

Edited by goldenchild17

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='goldenchild17' date='Apr 12 2006, 01:05 AM']That's what I used to think...Ā  I wish I still thought that way, but I have not found a way around it as of yet.Ā  Hopefully this is just a passing phase, but so far in 9 months of research I haven't been able to shake it.Ā 

I am ready to give up the title of Militant that I have loved to have for the time I have had it.Ā  I don't want any unknowing soul to be misguided by the statements of someone that is labeled a defender of the current Pope.Ā  I admit that would confuse the heck out of me if I saw such statements coming out of someone with said title!Ā  :wacko:Ā  :D:

As I said, hopefully this will pass, and I have asked Phatcatholic and Cam42 to help me in this, and I have no doubts that if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction, it's those two guys, who I still respect even though I am not sure I can continue to agree with.Ā  Please pray for me that I find the truth, and that if my current path is false, I am shown this and come back to where I was. :)
[right][snapback]944484[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Prayers :)

Don't worry, God will provide, in his providence, the way to the truth.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='prose' date='Apr 9 2006, 07:35 PM']Okay, whoops.

I guess it is just that people hereĀ  (like EENS for instance) refer to themselves as "trads".

These are who I am referring to.

Thanks though.
[right][snapback]941388[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sam is not a sede. lol sedevecantists are a group who believe there was not a valid pope since before Vatican II Council.

Sam is a trad, like me I guess.

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Apr 10 2006, 09:36 PM']wow, that's cold, Theotokos
[right][snapback]942994[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Your actions have been ever more frieghtening. Most of your statements and threads make traditionalism look foolish, that really gets my goat. I suppose that I should have just said that instead of calling you a troll. Please forgive me for being unecessarily rude. (I think that is a five yard penalty).

Desert Walker

The whole sedevacantist thing is what makes the SSPX so darn annoying. Many of them think that Vatican II broke with traditional doctrine and is thus an "unsafe" or heterodox council. Why they think that I don't know (maybe they just refuse to look for traditional teaching in the council, but they would find it if they did).

While they may not be outright sedevacantists, they sure do promote that idea with their attitude.

But how could you LIVE believing there isn't a pope!?

The only "credible" evidence a sedevacantist can hold up to support his position is the obvious references to certain modern philosophical strains made by popes since Pius XII. But such things cannot define a pope as Catholic or non-Catholic! That's just the usual intellectual murkiness uttered by anyone who has bothered to study the ideas of all these folks we call philosophers.

Desert Walker

John Paul II was a trad. If you're truly Catholic, you're a trad because true Catholicism contains tradition.

There are "bad trads" who cause apostasy (Judas style -- that is "holier than thou") and this kind:

C A T [RADITIONAL] H O L I C

Okay, so here is what I am understanding.

There are trads that believe the Church is great they just like things more traditional.

Then there are trads who think that the Pope and everything is right, but that the sacraments may not be valid b/c of the translations.

Then there are trads who don't think the Pope is valid.

Any others?

I am so confused.