Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why are all the guys over the age of 21


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='Keyser Soze' date='Apr 13 2006, 03:30 PM'][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/dziewcyna/IM000731.jpg[/img]

Don't know who this is, but I saw it on page five, and yeah...she's gorgeous.
[right][snapback]946470[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Amen. :cool:

Posted

You guys are way too nice ...... :blush:

Posted

[quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 13 2006, 07:40 PM']You guys are way too nice ...... :blush:
[right][snapback]946768[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

so says the masterpiece to it's admirers, but it's the artist who deserves the true credit.

Keyser Soze
Posted

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Apr 13 2006, 09:43 PM']so says the masterpiece to it's admirers, but it's the artist who deserves the true credit.
[right][snapback]946773[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah, I'd say the Almighty did a phenominal job there.

Posted

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Apr 13 2006, 04:45 AM']Anyone who loves The Boss!
[right][snapback]945815[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Actually, that was Manfred Mann.

Posted

[quote name='Keyser Soze' date='Apr 13 2006, 08:13 PM']Yeah, I'd say the Almighty did a phenominal job there.
[right][snapback]946829[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah and he broke the mold.....
mostly so mankind would never be afflicted with another BALTHAZOR!
LOL :lol_roll:

Posted

I'm 19.

And that is my story.

Posted

[quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 13 2006, 08:25 PM']Yeah and he broke the mold.....
mostly so mankind would never be afflicted with another BALTHAZOR!
LOL :lol_roll:
[right][snapback]946850[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

no kidding, One's enough <_<

missionseeker
Posted

[quote name='scardella' date='Apr 13 2006, 09:06 AM']Cheesy pickup lines...hmm... you might be on to something!
Maybe we're single because the coagulated milk stands alone?
[right][snapback]945969[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol_pound:

Gee, thanx. Now I have that song stuck in my head

[quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 12 2006, 11:35 PM']Well don't get too discouraged.  There are "nice" girls out there.
And it is not just the big city... I live in the middle of nowhere..no kidding.
There is no one here. Good, bad.....but there are a few ugly. And trust me, you wonder why I get crabby.....try getting hit on by a divorced 43 year old father of 3  with whiskey breath and four teeth all of them brown, whose pick up line consists of  "yer kinda purdy....I gots me a trailor in the woods."
[right][snapback]945774[/snapback][/right][/quote]

I know what you mean.

[quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 13 2006, 06:27 PM']Oh and..just so you know, my dad is also putting 2 cows, a goat and three chickens for the dowry.
[right][snapback]946540[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Mine too! only, he would throw in some eggs and possibly ducks. And his are all organic- which he's very proud of so I have mention.

Posted

[quote name='heyyoimjohnny' date='Apr 13 2006, 08:36 PM']nice! sign me up!
oh, wait, that's right, I want to be a priest... *carp!* and I'm missing out on all the cows and chickens...
[right][snapback]946552[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:getaclue:

Posted

[quote name='Socrates' date='Apr 13 2006, 10:24 PM']Actually, that was Manfred Mann.
[right][snapback]946849[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


Manfred Mann covered it. Bruce wrote it


Don't mess with the Boss

Proud2BCatholic139
Posted

I guess I am not really looking, but, I have met a really great person before I even met them face too face. I always say him, never talked to him.

God Conquers
Posted

God always gets you when you least expect it.

i.e. When you're not looking, someone to look at will come along.

Posted

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' date='Apr 13 2006, 09:37 PM']I guess I am not really looking, but, I have met a really great person before I even met them face too face. I always say him, never talked to him.
[right][snapback]946990[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]



:hehe: Yepp.

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 13 2006, 06:24 PM']I don't know.... He is pretty cute.  :drool:
[right][snapback]946534[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:blink: :lol:

[quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 13 2006, 06:26 PM']No....I smell of elderberries up compliments like a 88' Lynx smells of elderberries up oil. They are making me a vain egomaniac.

I am a ham...they got me pegged.
NOW you guys should all feel bad for leading me into sin! :annoyed:
[right][snapback]946538[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol: :topsy:

Posted

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Apr 14 2006, 07:08 AM']God always gets you when you least expect it.

i.e. When you're not looking, someone to look at will come along.
[right][snapback]947125[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

In my experience, it seems that people who employ lines like "It will happen when you least expect it" or "It will happen in God's time" or "you're vocation is to be single" or "being single is not all that bad" are either practicing problem avoidance or just trying to give the brush-off but rubbing salt in the wound by adding a manipulative religious guilt trip to it. What good does it do when you've already thrown in the towel, or when a woman is past child-bearing years? People need to read James 2:15-16:

"If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and no food for the day, and you say to them, 'Good-bye and good luck! Keep warm and well fed', but do not meet their bodily needs, what good is that?"

Take it from one of the singles here who has been dealing with the dating netherworld longer than some of you have been alive.

Posted

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Apr 15 2006, 11:12 AM']In my experience, it seems that people who employ lines like "It will happen when you least expect it" or "It will happen in God's time" or "you're vocation is to be single" or "being single is not all that bad" are either practicing problem avoidance or just trying to give the brush-off but rubbing salt in the wound by adding a manipulative religious guilt trip to it.  What good does it do when you've already thrown in the towel, or when a woman is past child-bearing years?  People need to read James 2:15-16:

"If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and no food for the day, and you say to them, 'Good-bye and good luck!  Keep warm and well fed', but do not meet their bodily needs, what good is that?"

Take it from one of the singles here who has been dealing with the dating netherworld longer than some of you have been alive.
[right][snapback]947950[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


well, some people's vocation IS to be single and celibate. What would you say to our homosexual brothers and sisters?

And I don't know about others, but having a wife for me is not a bodily need.
As Balthazor put it earlier in this thread, if you don't have a mate life still goes on.


But hey, I have no quarells with carpe diem

A little while ago I was at a Lord's Day celibration at Franciscan U, and I prayed, "Lord, if you are calling me to the Priesthood, let your will be done...but Lord, if you are calling me to marraige, don't hesitate to send her my way"

:D:

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='zealousrap' date='Apr 15 2006, 01:31 PM']A little while ago I was at a Lord's Day celibration at Franciscan U, and I prayed, "Lord, if you are calling me to the Priesthood, let your will be done...but Lord, if you are calling me to marraige, don't hesitate to send her my way"

:D:
[right][snapback]948127[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol: nice.

Posted

[quote name='zealousrap' date='Apr 15 2006, 12:31 PM']well, some people's vocation IS to be single and celibate. What would you say to our homosexual brothers and sisters?

And I don't know about others, but having a wife for me is not a bodily need.
As Balthazor put it earlier in this thread, if you don't have a mate life still goes on.
But hey, I have no quarells with carpe diem

A little while ago I was at a Lord's Day celibration at Franciscan U, and I prayed, "Lord, if you are calling me to the Priesthood, let your will be done...but Lord, if you are calling me to marraige, don't hesitate to send her my way"

:D:
[right][snapback]948127[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]


I dont think Norseman is a homosexual, so he's probably saying HE does not want to be single anymore, not so much putting down being single in general for the sake of the kingdom(Correct me if Im wrong)

I've heard a lot of singles say that single life is not a permenant state, but a temporary vocation. Personally, when I was single, I took that time to prepare myself for whatever vocation God had in store for me. I didn't see the single life as an option. I think its wrong to make singles feel like that thats it and they don't have a vocation to either married or religious life, or to tell them, "Just wait blah blah blah." There needs to be more ministry for people in the 25-whenever age bracket. There needs to be a place for people to meet other singles in the Church. There are plenty of ministries for young people, married couples, elderly, and those discerning a consecrated life, but nothing for people who are older and still searching. While I would still encourage patience, I don't think that it is enough being done to inspire.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...