Sirklawd Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='zealousrap' date='Apr 12 2006, 08:44 PM'][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/dziewcyna/IM000731.jpg[/img] [right][snapback]945590[/snapback][/right] [/quote] *amazing* 24 and not married right here!!!!
Sirklawd Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='Keyser Soze' date='Apr 13 2006, 09:26 AM']I'm 24, and I'm not married. Oh snap, I proved you wrong. [right][snapback]946029[/snapback][/right] [/quote] lol we wont post at the same time. :
Balthazor Posted April 13, 2006 Author Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='morostheos' date='Apr 13 2006, 08:35 AM']The campus ministry that I'm in charge of is about 80% girls. Of course, once you're older than college age finding someone gets even harder. [right][snapback]945993[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yeah I am already outta college..now I am graduate school age, 24 ouch...oldness ... I can feel the wrinkles forming lol :
morostheos Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 13 2006, 12:31 PM']Yeah I am already outta college..now I am graduate school age, 24 ouch...oldness ... I can feel the wrinkles forming lol : [right][snapback]946036[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I hear ya. It's scary that most of my friends from high school have kiddies already.
crazymaine catholic Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='JudgedByGod' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:16 AM']So very true!! Granted, our campus ministry just started last year so we're extremely small, but CrazyMaineCatholic is our only guy. But being from Maine, you don't often meet Catholics in their 20s, especially guys. [right][snapback]946015[/snapback][/right] [/quote] how does she keep dragging me into this thread? :
JudgedByGod Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='Keyser Soze' date='Apr 13 2006, 12:26 PM']I'm 24, and I'm not married. Oh snap, I proved you wrong. [right][snapback]946029[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Yay! You guys do exist!!! :
franciscanheart Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 im 19 but ive never had good luck with guys. some girls would take that as a hint. i dont. im stubborn.
Sirklawd Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='JudgedByGod' date='Apr 13 2006, 09:16 AM']So very true!! Granted, our campus ministry just started last year so we're extremely small, but CrazyMaineCatholic is our only guy. But being from Maine, you don't often meet Catholics in their 20s, especially guys. [right][snapback]946015[/snapback][/right] [/quote] its the same in CT, i have yet to see any catholic under the age of like.. 40. its so depressing.
morostheos Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='crazymaine catholic' date='Apr 13 2006, 12:35 PM']how does she keep dragging me into this thread? : [right][snapback]946045[/snapback][/right] [/quote] You're the token male at the campus ministry, how could she not drag you in?
morostheos Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='Sirklawd' date='Apr 13 2006, 12:40 PM']its the same in CT, i have yet to see any catholic under the age of like.. 40. its so depressing. [right][snapback]946058[/snapback][/right] [/quote] All of my best Catholic buddies in the town I live in have gray hair.
crazymaine catholic Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='morostheos' date='Apr 13 2006, 11:41 AM']You're the token male at the campus ministry, how could she not drag you in? [right][snapback]946063[/snapback][/right] [/quote]
Balthazor Posted April 13, 2006 Author Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Apr 13 2006, 09:40 AM']im 19 but ive never had good luck with guys. some girls would take that as a hint. i dont. im stubborn. [right][snapback]946057[/snapback][/right] [/quote] No..all it means is that there is a lack of high-quality males around your area
franciscanheart Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='Balthazor' date='Apr 13 2006, 10:59 AM']No..all it means is that there is a lack of high-quality males around your area [right][snapback]946083[/snapback][/right] [/quote] you sure are a half-full kinda gal arent ya... or maybe just a good friend? either way i like ya. :
God Conquers Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 Most of the 21 year and older Catholic dudes are so rare they get snapped up in about 45 seconds. Others, like me, hot stuff, and volo, are totally undateable due to the fact that they are so intimidatingly good looking. It's the over 6'4" guys that get all the bad rap. .... I am however, discerning... mainly cause my GF is even more intimidatingly good looking than me. haha
Luthien Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Apr 12 2006, 10:07 PM']... how are parents/friends taking the age difference? There is a certain fellow about the same age difference from me (I'm 21... he's 8 years older) and my mother, who's practically desperate for me to get married, refuses to let me even consider the possibility of dating him, or as seeing him as anything other than a friend-- a distant friend. lol. And some of my friends are a bit skeptical of the whole thing as well. For now, I'm okay with being friends (I'm not sure how ready I am for marriage... lots of college loans to pay off and such), but I am unsure how to approach the entire situation (especially since he is older and more ready to be settled down). Sorry for the ramble/interruption.. back to the thread! [right][snapback]945732[/snapback][/right] [/quote] My parents love him! He has been very considerate of the fact that I am not quite as ready as he is to tie the knot. And he has reassured me that us eventually being married would not put a wrench in my going to college and getting my degree. Its all about comprimise. If he really cares for you, he will make it possible for you to do what you planned before you met.
franciscanheart Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 I would have to say though that your parents, Luthien, seem to be a bit more accepting on a lot of issues. I know my parents wanted to launch a full-scale investigation when I was just [i]talking[/i] to a guy who was older than me. My parents and older friends were all very skeptical, even when the guy made a huge effort to be kind and considerate and to explain himself even on things that were none of their business. He was so willing to be open and honest but they didn't want to hear him. You got lucky.
Balthazor Posted April 13, 2006 Author Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='Sirklawd' date='Apr 13 2006, 09:40 AM']its the same in CT, i have yet to see any catholic under the age of like.. 40. its so depressing. [right][snapback]946058[/snapback][/right] [/quote] Oh, I know plenty of 20 something "Catholic" guys around here... UNfortunatly they Expect sex before marriage, and spend their weekends anywhere but church. But they Claim to be Catholic...... Don't beleive in confession either come to think of it...... So you see these guys that will say "oh yeah I am Catholic too" in a bar or a club...but you almost never see them at Mass. It is the orthodox Catholics that are hard to find.
Luthien Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 [quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Apr 13 2006, 10:27 AM']I would have to say though that your parents, Luthien, seem to be a bit more accepting on a lot of issues. I know my parents wanted to launch a full-scale investigation when I was just [i]talking[/i] to a guy who was older than me. My parents and older friends were all very skeptical, even when the guy made a huge effort to be kind and considerate and to explain himself even on things that were none of their business. He was so willing to be open and honest but they didn't want to hear him. You got lucky. [right][snapback]946113[/snapback][/right] [/quote] I wouldn't call it luck, I'd say its more they are reasonable people. Plus they have a 12 year age difference themselves, so its not a huge shock. I'm sorry you had to go through that though.
franciscanheart Posted April 13, 2006 Posted April 13, 2006 Meh, it's okay. I'm just glad we made it through the rough patches (and there were a lot) and are now good friends. For a while I was scared I wouldn't get to have that. As far as your parents, I guess since they did have a big gap in age themselves, it wasn't such a big deal. My parents are two years apart in age so anything more than that seems crazy... except that now if he was two years older that would be 21 and he can drink and i can't and... bah! Will it ever end?! :
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now