An Old School Catholic Message Board

Out & In ~ RCIA ~ Revolving Doors ~ Evangelism

Eutychus

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1045755' date='Aug 17 2006, 09:38 PM']
BUMPER STICKER slogans. Totally divorced from reality.
[/quote]What in the world is the following, then, if not a "bumper sticker slogan"?
[quote]But when the head of your church is Jesus, the statement of faith is the entire bible, you would be amazed at how liberating that really is.[/quote]In a moment of honesty, you admit that you can lose 10% of the Truth when you go from one evangelical pastor to another. In any event, this difference of core doctrines among evangelicals has a tendency to lead to a splitting of churches; first into a factionalized church, and later into a mass exodus of ~half of the church members to a new--more pure--evangelical community.

[quote] In a moment of honesty, you admit that you can lose 10% of the Truth when you go from one evangelical pastor to another.[/quote]

Every pastor is just human, ALL humans error, all organizations error.

Only those who are egomaniacs even attempt to make the claim that they are error free.

PRIDE is the worst sin of the seven deadly sins, ever wonder why?

WHO is God's enemy? Why is he in that position today?

[quote]first into a factionalized church, and later into a mass exodus of ~half of the church members [u][b]to a new--more pure--evangelical community.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

Rather like the invention of Opus Dei or the Legionairres of Christ?

Edited by Eutychus

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1046114' date='Aug 18 2006, 01:08 PM']Every pastor is just human, ALL humans error, all organizations error.[/quote]God used human instruments to write the Holy Scriptures, and I suspect you believe that He was able to protect them from error when they wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1046114' date='Aug 18 2006, 01:08 PM']Only those who are egomaniacs even attempt to make the claim that they are error free.[/quote]Note to self: Eutychus thinks that the human authors of the Holy Scriptures are egomaniacs.
[quote name='Eutychus' post='1046114' date='Aug 18 2006, 01:08 PM']PRIDE is the worst sin of the seven deadly sins, ever wonder why?[/quote]Correction: prideful egomaniacs.
[quote name='Eutychus' post='1046114' date='Aug 18 2006, 01:08 PM']WHO is God's enemy? Why is he in that position today?[/quote]Correction: prideful egomaniac enemies of God.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1046114' date='Aug 18 2006, 01:08 PM']Rather like the invention of Opus Dei or the Legionairres of Christ?[/quote]Rather unlike these examples. Neither group has the freedom to invent new and/or contradicting doctrines.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1042104' date='Aug 12 2006, 08:09 AM']
Way to stick it to the man. I doubt he'll even respond to these, and if he does, without any depth. Especially to the point that he's tauting his growth, when he admits growth in itsef means nuthin.
[/quote]

Wow, you were right.

MissScripture

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1045456' date='Aug 17 2006, 01:20 PM']
YOu know, in all honesty, I really do NOT know of them, I have never asked, I have what I surmise is a rough idea, but he has never divulged them all, nor does it matter much even if he did.

You see, in REAL Christianity, the pastor is merely a figurehead, the guy that runs things and does the sermons. They are not our faith, they do not DETERMINE our faith, they are not even that important TO our faith.

Most of us, can move from this church to that, find 90% of the core doctrines very much the same, and settle in and worship, and continue following our REAL faith, which has nothing to do with the sign over the front door. I know that floors Roman Catholics who simply cannot fathom that approach. But when the head of your church is Jesus, the statement of faith is the entire bible, you would be amazed at how liberating that really is.
[/quote]
If your pastor gives the sermons, but you do not know what his beliefs are, then what is he talking about during his sermons? I mean, honestly, does he just stand up there and discuss the weather? How can you give sermons without talking about beliefs?

[quote] If your pastor gives the sermons, but you do not know what his beliefs are, then what is he talking about during his sermons? I mean, honestly, does he just stand up there and discuss the weather? How can you give sermons without talking about beliefs?[/quote]

Yeah, hard concept for you to grasp, isn't it? :idontknow:

Preaching the BIBLE, instead of YOUR SPIN on things....

Hang in there, you might understand someday. :saint:

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1046231' date='Aug 18 2006, 02:34 PM']
[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1046231']
Way to stick it to the man. I doubt he'll even respond to these, and if he does, without any depth. Especially to the point that he's tauting his growth, when he admits growth in itsef means nuthin.
[/quote]
Wow, you were right.
[/quote]

Edited by CatholicCid

MissScripture

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1047174' date='Aug 21 2006, 12:45 PM']
Yeah, hard concept for you to grasp, isn't it? :idontknow:

Preaching the BIBLE, instead of YOUR SPIN on things....

Hang in there, you might understand someday. :saint:
[/quote]
But wait...don't you (as in you plural, your congregation, including the pastor) believe the Bible? Therefore, wouldn't discussing the Bible be discussing beliefs?