An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hindu Masses are really happening...

Budge

[img]http://www.cfnews.org/Our%20Father.jpg[/img]

[quote]After the Blessed Trinity Dance and[13] Entrance Procession, the priests were greeted with an arati of lights, after which Father D’Sa performed the same arati towards the people.

He had earlier told them, “We shall also welcome you with an Indian gesture called arati, with flowers and with a lamp”. As a dancer demonstrated how the arati plate is waved in three circles, Father D’Sa explained that the first circle stands for God who created us and the universe, the second circle for the universe, and the third for our fellow human beings. “In this way,” he said, “we are united with God, the universe, and with our fellow human beings in this one gesture called arati”. [size=5]This statement clearly denoted the Hindu nature of the proceedings, as Hindus believe all men are united with the universal Absolute. Hinduism’s other deities are manifestations of the divine One.[/size]

Father D’Sa was disingenuous in describing arati as a mere “welcoming gesture” instead of as the most important ritual in Hindu worship. Arati is defined as a temple ritual in which a fire or light on a plate is waved in a clockwise direction in front of a deity, an important person, or anything valuable. Light is worshiped as the Supreme Lord of inner consciousness. The clockwise direction symbolizes one’s divinity, revealed by the “flame” or light of knowledge. Fire and light themselves are worshiped.[size=5] Indeed, the puja-Mass was advertised in the flyer as “Divya Yagam,” a term meaning “worship of the Light”. Arati is also done to appease the goddess Arathi and to counteract “the evil eye”. Further, the Hindu gods demand adoration with flowers, incense and light. It just so happens that the puja-Mass features a triple arati of fire, flowers and incense sticks later in the proceedings.
[/size]
Father D’Sa was the main celebrant, and the pastor of St. Ann’s the concelebrant. Both priests sported a white dot between the eyebrows. There are several varieties and meanings for this dot, the first being that the wearer proclaims he is a Hindu. The location between the eyebrows is supposed to be a center of spiritual energy and a focus of meditation. The dot in that position represents the “third eye” of divine inner sight — i.e., of occult knowledge and abilities — and awareness of unity with the universe, which Hindus seek to awaken. Focusing on the god within, the dot is a symbol of the worship of the intellect.[14]

Before the washing of the hands, Father D’Sa performed a superstitious ritual, offering blue and red flowers to the “eight directions of the world”. He said the flowers symbolized those present who were from different cultures and traditions, hoping for unity. [size=5]However, in the regular Hindu ritual, flowers are offered to the gods of the eight directions, honoring the eight aspects of the god Shiva.[/size] The ritual is also done to obtain the protection of the god who rules a particular eighth section of the universe. Another reason for this puja is that one doesn’t know from which direction the Absolute Lord will come.[15] A different god, seemingly chosen according to need, is invoked for each direction. Father D’Sa himself chanted eight names as he touched the flowers to his forehead, nose and chest, then carefully arranged them on the altar at the compass points surrounding the host and chalices.

After the Great Amen, the dancing girls performed a triple arati of flowers, fire and incense to the accompaniment of more pagan chants whilst the celebrants held aloft the consecrated Sacred Species. Father D’Sa announced that this blasphemy was “the climactic part of our Eucharistic Prayer”.

At the Kiss of Peace, the congregation was told to fold their hands and do the Indian greeting of namaste to their neighbors. Namaste means [size=5]“the god in me honors the god in you”[/size]. It awakens the third eye of the greeter to worship the god in the greeted.[16]

Another abomination took place at the Our Father. Instead of reciting the prayer together as a congregation, the people were asked to sit down while the girls launched into another interpretive dance number. Most gestures were completely un-fathomable, with the exception of receiving bread and forgiving trespasses (a shove, hurt feelings, forgiveness, hugs all around). The musical accompaniment was a Hare Krishna chant! Father D’Sa intoned the words “Our Father” four times. The response each time was the mantra “Hare Krishna”; towards the end of the prayer, the mantra was repeated over and over. Krishna, the reincarnation of Vishnu, who represents the Absolute Lord, is said to have se-duced 16,000 women, and a whole occult, erotic literature has been developed around this aspect of Krishna.[17] The words “Hare Krishna” mean “O energy of the Lord (Hare), O Lord (Krishna), please engage me in your service!” This energy is actually the goddess Radha, Krishna’s chief consort, who “helps the de-votee achieve the grace of the supreme Father,” Krishna, who reveals himself to the sincere devotee. The mantra “Hare Krish-na” is thus supposed to awaken spiritual consciousness.[18]

Replacing the Final Blessing, the Dance of the Last Supper was performed to illustrate the “social dimension” that should result from celebrating the Eucharist. The portrayal of “what we must do when we go out into the world” included the washing of the feet and another depiction of forgiveness.[/quote]

[img]http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/shiva.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.cfnews.org/TereBeati.jpg[/img]

we don't link to anti-catholic sites-cmom

Edited by cmotherofpirl

Wait a minute. You consider us pretty much anything but Christian, yet you read the bible we created. I guess you should also have a picture up there of you with a bible. Everyone one of the pictures you post are taking out of context, but again that is how your church's evangelizes, by manipulation of the truth. It is time you realize you are not talking to the catholics that are ignorant of truth and go to your church to hear a waterdowned gospel message. We are all deeply in love with the church Christ left for us and your just spinning your wheels.

P.S. If you are just looking for prayers, we are all praying for you.

Pope John Paul 2 was being greeted by a Catholic Indian woman, not blessed by a Hindu woman. And Mother Teresa's beatification was done under the Catholic rite, those women are probably just paying their respect to a woman who helped their country. BTW, liturgical dance is allowed where the culture uses dance to praise God.

If people are disobeying the Church through idolatry, (if they really were invoking the name of the Hindu gods), then that is a sin, and these people are disobedient. But if they were actually using their own language and customs to praise God, there is nothing wrong with that! Not everyone adheres to Western custom and culture

[quote]Wait a minute. You consider us pretty much anything but Christian, yet you read the bible we created. I guess you should also have a picture up there of you with a bible. Everyone one of the pictures you post are taking out of context, but again that is how your church's evangelizes, by manipulation of the truth. It is time you realize you are not talking to the catholics that are ignorant of truth and go to your church to hear a waterdowned gospel message. We are all deeply in love with the church Christ left for us and your just spinning your wheels.[/quote]

The Catholic church did not write the Bible.

The pictures are NOT taken out of context. instead of dealing with whats in them, and saying "Wow that is wrong", you are making excuses and denying right what is in front of your face.

You are more in love with your church far mroe then with Christ, because if you loved Jesus Christ, you would be horrified to see people praying to Shiva in your churches.

[quote]

If people are disobeying the Church through idolatry, (if they really were invoking the name of the Hindu gods), then that is a sin, and these people are disobedient. But if they were actually using their own language and customs to praise God, there is nothing wrong with that! Not everyone adheres to Western custom and culture[/quote]

Read the articles, Hindu gods in the Mass were called upon.

--------------------

I agree that what happened at that Mass was horrible. It was completely contrary to the teachings of the Church. It went against the rubrics and therefore, the priest and those who participated, if they knew they were not following the rubrics, comitted a grave mortal sin of sacrilige and disobedience.

Can you stop bearing false witness against Catholics and saying we don't love Jesus, which is a bald faced lie? I'll admit, I don't know much about the Hindu gods article (I couldn't tell if it was just their language or the actual gods they were praying to) but if they are invoking Hindu gods, then it is an absolute sin. I just said that! I know my faith lies in Jesus Christ and nothing you say is going to decide whether I go to hell or not.

It is silly to even try to reason with you. You think a couple of priest and some unfortunate events represent the actual teachings of the church. People still have freewill and can actually do wrong all by hemselves, believe or not. Otherwise I guess it would be safe to say that everyone in your church uses really big font, BUT i REALLY DON'T THINK THAT IS THE CASE, OOPS. I'M CONVERTED. Why don't you read the rubrics of the mass then come back and say what you think is wrong. Maybe then we could have logical discussions in stead of you using speculation and some photos of liturgical abuses to support your uninformed opinions.

[quote]Can you stop bearing false witness against Catholics and saying we don't love Jesus, which is a bald faced lie?[/quote]

I HAVE NEVER SAID WE DON'T LOVE JESUS!

[quote]I'll admit, I don't know much about the Hindu gods article (I couldn't tell if it was just their language or the actual gods they were praying to) but if they are invoking Hindu gods, then it is an absolute sin.[/quote]

I agree.

[quote]I just said that! I know my faith lies in Jesus Christ and nothing you say is going to decide whether I go to hell or not.[/quote]

I wasn't accusing you of a mortal sin, I was accusing the priest and those who participated if they knew they were not following the rubrics.

[quote]Why don't you read the rubrics of the mass then come back and say what you think is wrong.[/quote]

I may not have read the GIRM, but I know that liturgical dancing is not mentioned as something that should happen, so it should not be done.

[quote]Maybe then we could have logical discussions in stead of you using speculation and some photos of liturgical abuses to support your uninformed opinions.[/quote]

My opinions are not uninformed. I've done a great deal of studying on liturgical abuse and how the liturgy should be said, thank you.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1045558' date='Aug 17 2006, 03:39 PM']
I HAVE NEVER SAID WE DON'T LOVE JESUS!
I agree.
I wasn't accusing you of a mortal sin, I was accusing the priest and those who participated if they knew they were not following the rubrics.
I may not have read the GIRM, but I know that liturgical dancing is not mentioned as something that should happen, so it should not be done.

My opinions are not uninformed. I've done a great deal of studying on liturgical abuse and how the liturgy should be said, thank you.
[/quote]

I was referring to the protestant, not you.

When one supports a religious system that now makes it a HABIT to break the FIRST COMMANDMENT, that is not showing love of Christ.

Please tell me how come we have between 25 and 30 thousand protestant denominations, all with different interprtations of the bible. I think the reason for this is because those churches or pators have a little something called pride and they can't submit to anyone else or agree with anyone elses teachings. They have found some infinite knowledge that remained untapped for the 15-1900 years before their own revelation. These people are guilty of making themselves a false God, because they are to full of pride and unable to accept the teachings of the church. It will never end, we will end up with 100,000 different interpretations and churches who still consider to have the truth. There can only be one absolute truth. Others can possess pieces of truth, but there can only be one absolute, true interpretation of scripture into doctrine. I'm going with consistency, Catholicism. What are you going with: Jehovah Witness, Mormons, Baptist, Southern Baptist, Pentacostal, Apostolic, Methodist, Lutheran, Episcopal, Seventh Day Adventist, Vineyard, Church of Christ, Word of Faith, Assembly of God, Purpose Driven, Agape, Christ Gospel, Christ the King, Church of the Convenant, Cornerstone Ministries, Presbyterian, Anglican, Progressive Baptist, Glory Temple, Temple of Praise Fellowship, Unitarian Universalist, Word of Life, Victory Tabernacle, and so on, and so on, and so on. So which one is yours or maybe you just decided to make up your own.

I almost forgot that the churches weren't important, it is the people. Because it doesn't matter what they are being taught, just what each individual thinks is the truth. I can't remember Jesus saying"well Peter it is up to you to figure out what I mean by this parable, what ever you decide is fine"

The Holy Spirit works through consistency and universality among its believers, which I am sorry to say your "churches" do not have.

100% Catholic, 100% Truth.

[quote] Wait a minute. You consider us pretty much anything but Christian, yet you read the bible we created. I guess you should also have a picture up there of you with a bible. Everyone one of the pictures you post are taking out of context, but again that is how your church's evangelizes, by manipulation of the truth.[/quote]

Blah, blah .... blah...blah....& BLAH....

Everything and anything BUT dealing with the apostacies at hand. How about a simple statement like this...?
[color="#000099"][i]
[b]"Wow, I never knew that about the priests over there, they are WRONG, and the Pope ought to do something like excommunicate them for this."[/b][/i]
[/color]
See how easy it is to actually STAND for something, instead of being wishy washy neo modernists that run to and fro defending anything and everything, so long as it answers to "father" and wears a silken dress?

[b]Come on folks!

[u]Buck it UP HERE, stand tall, be REAL men and women of God![/u]

Call it for what it is, blatant apostacy of the worst sort.

:idontknow: Do I hear an AMEN here anywhere??[/b] :idontknow:

[img]http://www.nationalcatholicreporter.org/globalpers/dance2.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.nationalcatholicreporter.org/globalpers/gp032905.htm"]NOT THE FIRST CATHOLIC TO DO THESE THINGS, SAY HELLO TO THE DANCING JESUITS[/url]

Edited by Eutychus