An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hindu Masses are really happening...

Budge

Who cares about those externals?

:annoyed:

Read the text they were praying to Hindu gods and doing Hindu rituais.

But I guess the First Commandment doesnt mean anything around here does it?

Yes, I know. Hinduism is evil and Hindus adore Satan incarnate. What went on there was a mortal sin of idolatry if they actually did Hundu prayers, and if not, it was a mortal sin of sacrilige of litrugical abuse becuase the Holy Mass was profaned by liturgical dance, which the evil of evils, because dancing is irreverant and sexual. The prists who participated in this should be excommunicated and defrocked, &c., &c., &c.

[quote]And again my simple questions have gone unanswered...So again I will ask

Why do you guys honestly care?

Why (since you arent Catholic) want to know all this stuff? [/quote]

Misplaced loyalty?
[u][b]
For me it is ACTS 1:8[/b][/u]

[quote name='Budge' post='1045926' date='Aug 18 2006, 08:00 AM']
No, you just give the men in silk endless wiggleroom so even if they are doing the most outrageous things, you will excuse them in your mind, and think oh they didnt really mean to pray to Allah, Ganesha or whatever else they were up to.

I think its sad that blind obedience that is so paramount in Catholicism where offront to these universalistic bishops and Cardinals comes way before offense to Jesus Christ by their worship of other gods.
[/quote]

So, in order to prove that we are not giving "endless wiggleroom" should we lob what could be false accusations in violation of "Thou shalt not bear false witness"? YES OR NO - DON'T WAIT FOR THE TRANSLATION!

Even photographic evidence isnt enough for you folks.
[/quote]

And did we not prove one case (the supposed "mark of Shiva" on John Paul 2's head) may NOT have been that? Again, false accusations are a sin, too.

I believe now and Ive said this before, a Pope could pray to Satan say "HAIL SATAN" on live international TV, with a Pentagram backdrop, and every Catholic on Phatmass would be yelling at the mean fundies who post and warn about it and making every excuse in the book.
[/quote]

We'll worry about that when it occurs.

:ohno: Well<i don't know the source for the photos,but i do think that introducing such native features into the mass are wrong.They should stick to the Holymass as it is.If these people don't like it,then they can go back to their pagan ways.
St.Charles Lwanga and the Martyers of Uganda ,the Martyers of Japan,and other such holy saints died for the Catholic Faith,for Jesus whom they refused to renounce.
I know Budge is trying to convert people and bring them to the other side,but certainly we as Catholics should be concerned
about what's going on.We should preach to them the Holy Gospel of Jesus to these people,and try to show them in word and deed who wonderful He is,so they will abandoned completely their false gods.

[quote]I know Budge is trying to convert people and bring them to the other side,but certainly we as Catholics should be concerned
about what's going on.We should preach to them the Holy Gospel of Jesus to these people,and try to show them in word and deed who wonderful He is,so they will abandoned completely their false gods.[/quote]

Holly thank you for your more fair response.

Holly I am an ex-Catholic and also used to be an Unitarian Universalist. I couldnt accept universalism once I was a Christian, that isnt the only reason I left the Catholic Church, but it was one of the big ones.

Im glad you at least admit this is wrong...sadly the majority of Catholics have gotten more angry at me for talking about these things, then being angry at those who forsake Jesus Christ for other gods. I see how even Trad Catholics are treated on most Novus Orod boards for bringing these issues up.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1045963' date='Aug 18 2006, 04:25 PM']
Thanks for the post Budge, this really is scandalous. Seriously. Look at that altar boy. He's wearing RUNNING SHOES to Mass. I can't believe it!
[/quote]
:rolling: :rolling:
Budge, you have seen a mass of natives-American?. I believe that were the Zuñis, catholics since the arrival of the Spaniards.
They respond to the church with their traditional suits, and even they dance. Those masses are recognized by the church, if you see it do the hara-kiri.

Edited by ruso

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1046218' date='Aug 18 2006, 04:23 PM']
Holly thank you for your more fair response.

Holly I am an ex-Catholic and also used to be an Unitarian Universalist. I couldnt accept universalism once I was a Christian, that isnt the only reason I left the Catholic Church, but it was one of the big ones.

Im glad you at least admit this is wrong...sadly the majority of Catholics have gotten more angry at me for talking about these things, then being angry at those who forsake Jesus Christ for other gods. I see how even Trad Catholics are treated on most Novus Orod boards for bringing these issues up.
[/quote]

Funny how you get it wrong every time. No one is annoyed at you for what you post, nobody has said any abberation from rubrics or commandments etc should be going on. what we have said is that abberations are simply that- things done the wrong way OR you misinterpreting what is actually happening.
They don't constitute the teachings of the Catholic Church, and that is the bottom line of the discussion.

Whats on the books isnt going to keep anyone from going to hell as they march on the well-worn path to the antichrist.

I look at what a church DOES, not just its official teachings. Im sure even Benny Hinn looks good via the paperwork.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1046540' date='Aug 20 2006, 06:50 AM']
Whats on the books isnt going to keep anyone from going to hell as they march on the well-worn path to the antichrist.

I look at what a church DOES, not just its official teachings. Im sure even Benny Hinn looks good via the paperwork.
[/quote]
So you want to play a new game?

Interesting that you feel qualified to judge others...
Ah so we should base our opinions of generic christians like you on what generic christians do??
So who was the guy who committed mass murder of his followers and was a christian?
they swallowed kool-aide laced with poison

Im glad you brought up Jim Jones.

Why?

Because all cults have one man in charge that isnt to be questioned. They all have that in common.

[u]a man with supreme ultimate authority, that no one can question who cannot be held accountable.[/u]

So now in the Catholic Church, we have a man in silk claiming God is in false religions and that interreligious dialogue is the way to go, even though the Bible says otherwise, you folks follow him and those who work for him without question.

Jim Jones made his poor deluded people call him FATHER too. {Just like the Pope is called Holy Father} All these cults ignore the teachings of Jesus--Call no man Father.

Cults all have many things in common across the board.

[img]http://jonestown.sdsu.edu/AboutJonestown/Gallery/G4/images/01-jones-jim.jpg[/img]

And if you consider ultra-liberal NWO-supporting, demon-possessed, Jim Jones to be a GENERIC Christian you are VERY CONFUSED.

[quote name='Budge' post='1045680' date='Aug 17 2006, 05:18 PM']
So you think its ok they did worship to Shiva during this Mass?
[/quote]
I'm sorry, I do not see where they are worshiping Shiva in your first article.

I see:
[quote]Before the washing of the hands, Father D’Sa performed a superstitious ritual, offering blue and red flowers to the “eight directions of the world”. He said the flowers symbolized those present who were from different cultures and traditions, hoping for unity. However, in the regular Hindu ritual, flowers are offered to the gods of the eight directions, honoring the eight aspects of the god Shiva.[/quote]

However, the comments about Shiva are additions placed there by the commentator, not the priest. In spreading Christianity, there is a difference between integrating beliefs and integrating culture. Here the priest is integrating culture. The article commentator claims he is integrating beliefs. I am sure the priest would be appalled to hear folks believe he is integrating paganism.

[quote]QUOTE
Before the washing of the hands, Father D’Sa performed a superstitious ritual, offering blue and red flowers to the “eight directions of the world”. He said the flowers symbolized those present who were from different cultures and traditions, hoping for unity. However, in the regular Hindu ritual, flowers are offered to the gods of the eight directions, honoring the eight aspects of the god Shiva.

However, the comments about Shiva are additions placed there by the commentator, not the priest. In spreading Christianity, there is a difference between integrating beliefs and integrating culture. Here the priest is integrating culture. The article commentator claims he is integrating beliefs. I am sure the priest would be appalled to hear folks believe he is integrating paganism.
[/quote]

So can you tell me what the EIGHT DIRECTIONS OF THE WORLD are then?

It seems you are utterly desperate to make excuses and deny what has happened.

This priest like it or not, if you know anything about comparative religions and Mystery Babylon, paid homage to demons and false gods, via sun worship.

[img]http://shopping.bhaskar.com/images/prodimg/large/PSA098_1lg.jpg[/img]

[quote]
The Sun God and The Astrological Universe Un-Framed Art Print Eco-Friendly Paper-Kalamkari Style Size : 28" X 22" Code:APP406 Serigraphed in 13 colours Surya Narayana - the God of eternal light, [size=5]with his fantastic array of astrological pantheon of dieties of the eight directions of the world [/size]and the nine planetary gods - the Nava Graha form the subject of this fabulous painting. Lord Surya, in his dazzling chariot drawn by the breathtakingly painted horses of Time is the master of not only our physical universe, but the astrological world too, and thus forms the centre piece.While Indra, Yama, Varuna and others form the Lords of the eight directions, Rahu and Kethu alongwith the other planets like Venus, Mercury, Moon and Mars form the legendary astro-rulers. Lord Surya with glittering golden ornaments against the pre-dawn like red arrest your attention as if to begin with a solemn prayer for the dawning day. Serigraphed on eco-friendly re-cycled handmade paper in the later Telugu style of the South - the "Kalamkari" of Andhra Pradesh, this is indeed an incomparable canvas. A great joy for the aesthetic taste or religious mood.
[/quote]

I think its time to get on the clue bus and realize this had nothing to do with "Christianity"