An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hindu Masses are really happening...

Budge

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1045485' date='Aug 17 2006, 03:04 PM']
The Catholic church did not write the Bible.

The pictures are NOT taken out of context. instead of dealing with whats in them, and saying "Wow that is wrong", you are making excuses and denying right what is in front of your face.

You are more in love with your church far mroe then with Christ, because if you loved Jesus Christ, you would be horrified to see people praying to Shiva in your churches.
Read the articles, Hindu gods in the Mass were called upon.
--------------------
[/quote]

It was written by members of the Church, texts selected by the church and preserved by the Church. We did far more than just write it :D:
I wasn't at the Mass in Toronto so I can't speak to that. I did watch the Mass for Mother Theresa, and I have seen tapes of the Pope being greeted by delegations in various countries. You see scandal where it doesn't exist. The Church being universal adapts to other cultures and manners and always has. That is why there are 22 different rites in the Church. Catholic means here comes everybody, because all are called to Christ in HIS Church.

[quote name='Budge' post='1045566' date='Aug 17 2006, 04:47 PM']
When one supports a religious system that now makes it a HABIT to break the FIRST COMMANDMENT, that is not showing love of Christ.
[/quote]

Catholics haven't broken it, but I do know many people who worship a book instead of God.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1045558' date='Aug 17 2006, 04:39 PM']
I HAVE NEVER SAID WE DON'T LOVE JESUS!
[/quote]
I was talking to Budge! i'm sry, i didn't see ur post :( I know u love Jesus
sry, double post

Edited by avemaria40

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1045680' date='Aug 17 2006, 07:18 PM']
So you think its ok they did worship to Shiva during this Mass?

Im not standing on my power, Im standing on Gods Word which says...
[size=5][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
Exd 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.[/font][/size]
[/quote]
Well da, if shiva or anybody elseother than God Almighty was "worshipped" it would be wrong, but of course their actions of one several or even many idiots doesn't make the Church wrong.

We could probably come up with more pictures and websites than you can even dream of :)
You can post aberrations until you are blue in the face, but that doesn't and never will have anything to do with the actual teachings of the Catholic Church.
So other than re-hashing old news [ to us at least] what is your point?

[quote]what those who never bothered to understand the practices and beliefs of the people there call "ancestor worship" is really ceremonies of remembrance. it would be just like telling the irish not to have wakes. do you think irish wakes "dilute" christianity? [/quote]

Being partly Irish, and having gone to Roman Catholic Irish WAKES for my entire life....

I call them SPRING BREAK FOR ADULTS.

Booze fests, drunken slobbering morose events.

And that is firsthand knowledge.

There is NOTHING CHRISTIAN about Irish Wakes, they are Baccanalian orgies of Irish Wiskey and tears. :smokey:

[quote]So every time some "Catholic" somewhere in the world does something blatantly contrary and opposed to Catholic teaching, this is supposed to mean the Catholic Church is wrong, and we should all go out and join Budge and Eutychus' congregation? idontknow.gif wacko.gif[/quote]

Im not talking about some RARE individuals.

This universalism is rife throughout your church as an institution, from the Popes on down teaching the universalism via the falsehood called "interreligious dialogue"

And really the paperwork defense isnt going to work...Benny Hinn can claim he is a Christian on paper, but doesnt mean what he says and does is Biblical, that includes your Popes and Cardinals.

[quote]
I suppose everytime a "Fundamentalist" or "Evangelical" Christian does something wacky (I mean other than Budge and Eut's postings, of course), we should post it to discredit their religion! (Westboro Baptists, anyone?)[/quote]

At least when evangelical and fundamentalist preachers go off the rails, I can call them out, I can address the errors of Joel Osteen to Benny Hinn, I dont defend them like Catholics defend every mishap in their church because they have to play cover-guard for the men in silk.

Go ahead and post about the fundamentalists and evangelicals gone off the rails. That is fine. Christians are supposed to expose error not excuse it. Westboro is a false church.

[quote]If it's a numbers game: we're still beating you in worldwide adherents and churches. If it's a numbers game: we're still beating you in age. If it's a numbers game: you're entire protestant revolution stole exactly as many Catholics in the sixteenth century as were gained in Latin America in the same century. If it's a numbers game: we were evangelizing before there ever even existed one church with doctrines remotely similar to the modern individualism preached by your brand of christianity.[/quote]

Ah the numbers game....
[b]
Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.[/b]

It looks others here have totally embraced the gospel of MULTICULTURALISM above that of the Christian gospel.

I have first hand experience as well, i'm completely irish... except I don't have puritan sensibilities and I believe that they are a great tradition.

nothing wrong with Irish wiskey. nothing wrong with a few tears. nothing wrong with a few laughs.

puritanism is an evil plague upon christianity. you can drink, even on special occassions quite a bit. Our Lord Himself did as much; at the wedding at Cana they ran out of wine they were drinking so much so He produced some of the best wine they had ever tasted... and of course in those days "better wine" was wine with more alcohol content as that kept all the bacteria out (less alcohol, more likely you'd get sick from it)

[quote name='Budge' post='1045757' date='Aug 17 2006, 09:37 PM']

Ah the numbers game....
[b]
Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.[/b]

It looks others here have totally embraced the gospel of MULTICULTURALISM above that of the Christian gospel.
[/quote]
notice my very next paragraph: my whole point is that it is not a number's game. it's eut who's playing that game. you could be the largest or the smallest religion in the world and it wouldn't matter a lick, all that matters is whether you believe what Jesus came to reveal. that's why I keep insisting against the superfluous citing of conversion statistics (in countries rife with anti-catholic marxism no less) hoping we can discuss only the difference between doctrines: which is logically right which is logically wrong, which is more biblical, which is what Christ wants us to believe and do?

[quote name='Budge' post='1045757' date='Aug 17 2006, 07:37 PM']
And really the paperwork defense isnt going to work...Benny Hinn can claim he is a Christian on paper, but doesnt mean what he says and does is Biblical, that includes your Popes and Cardinals.
At least when evangelical and fundamentalist preachers go off the rails, I can call them out, I can address the errors of Joel Osteen to Benny Hinn, I dont defend them like Catholics defend every mishap in their church because they have to play cover-guard for the men in silk.
[/quote]
We don't defend every abuse by any priest or Catholic. If you go back and research this site, you'll find plenty of criticism fo abuses comitted by various "Catholics" who act contrary to the teachings and disciplines of the Church.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1045718' date='Aug 18 2006, 02:25 AM']

That SAME QUESTION is the one that every Roman Catholic becoming merely "Christian" has to answer.

Lets see here...

40% of all the people in Guatamala are EX Roman Catholics.....

30% of all the people in Brazil are EX Roman Catholics....

22% of all the people in Chile are EX Roman Catholics...

Here in the USA, 20% of all hispanics are now EX Roman Catholics...

Hmmm, is there a pattern here? AHA! Apparently there ARE places that EX Roman Catholics go, are happy with, and find perfectly acceptable replacements, no, an improvement.

Imagine that!

So, the question isn't one YOU are alone in asking, each one of us had to cross that Tiber and swim to a safer shore with fewer sharks. :saint:
[/quote]
These data are certain, something less in Brazil and something more in Chile, for my sources. Not this badly for a catholic to do autocritice.
But to call Christians to many of these protestant groups that are in Latinamerican it indicates that do not you know the truth.
We are speaking of you authenticate sects, that in the best of the alone cases they seek money, shows (at times televised), with healings in direct, petitions of money as the television-preachers of USA and messages of hatred to it Catholic.
Not all the Protestants are sectarian, but in Latinamerica many of them, playing with the faith of the simple people and swindling them.

[quote name='Eutychus' post='1045718' date='Aug 18 2006, 02:25 AM']

That SAME QUESTION is the one that every Roman Catholic becoming merely "Christian" has to answer.

Lets see here...

40% of all the people in Guatamala are EX Roman Catholics.....

30% of all the people in Brazil are EX Roman Catholics....

22% of all the people in Chile are EX Roman Catholics...

Here in the USA, 20% of all hispanics are now EX Roman Catholics...

Hmmm, is there a pattern here? AHA! Apparently there ARE places that EX Roman Catholics go, are happy with, and find perfectly acceptable replacements, no, an improvement.

Imagine that!

So, the question isn't one YOU are alone in asking, each one of us had to cross that Tiber and swim to a safer shore with fewer sharks. :saint:
[/quote]
These data are certain, something less in Brazil and something more in Chile, for my sources. Not this badly for a catholic to do autocritice.
But to call Christians to many of these protestant groups that are in Latinamerican it indicates that do not you know the truth.
We are speaking of you authenticate sects, that in the best of the alone cases they seek money, shows (at times televised), with healings in direct, petitions of money as the television-preachers of USA and messages of hatred to it Catholic.
Not all the Protestants are sectarian, but in Latinamerica many of them, playing with the faith of the simple people and swindling them.

[quote]
We don't defend every abuse by any priest or Catholic. If you go back and research this site, you'll find plenty of criticism fo abuses comitted by various "Catholics" who act contrary to the teachings and disciplines of the Church.
[/quote]

If that was really completely true, you wouldnt get bent out of shape over me exposing these things now would you?

What Cardinals have been denounced on this site EVER ?

Edited by Budge

[quote]Sheesh. The nonsense you people believe staggers the imagination. Honestly.[/quote]

What about you mac?

Why do you care about what we believe in? Does it really bother you that much?

[quote]Right now, today, this afternoon, there are 100,000,000 evangelical/pentecostal chinese REAL CHRISTIANS. [/quote]

The ones rolling in the aisels speaking tounges? Oh yeah thats them alright.

Its so amazing that you can total that number right then and there with out any proof. WOW!

Oh yeah the, 100,000 pentacostal and the other 999,999 alternating protestant denominations that believe they can condem a protestant to an eternity in hell because of infiltrating a little culture into the mass...Do I agree with budda statues in the House of God? NO WAY the same way with Vishnu. But in these photos you shown all you see is three women doing a dance!!! THATS IT!! You are trying soo hard to pull something outta nothing...

And again my simple questions have gone unanswered...So again I will ask

Why do you guys honestly care?

Why (since you arent Catholic) want to know all this stuff?

Are you doing this just to pick a fight and point out faults? Because, thats just as unchristian as worhsipin Vishnu in a Catholic mass.

[quote name='Budge' post='1045485' date='Aug 17 2006, 02:04 PM']
The Catholic church did not write the Bible.
[/quote]

Then how did we get it as it is today? Did it just drop down out of the sky and hit Joey Bagadonuts on the head?

Look, if there was invocation to Hindu false "gods", it was wrong and the offending clergy should be disciplined. I'm not the only one here that has said that. But there's one other trait of Christianity that committed Catholics practice: we like to get our facts straight before lobbing accusations against people. "Thou shall have no other gods beside me" is accompanied by "Thou shalt not bear false witness" in the Decalogue.

[quote]
Look, if there was invocation to Hindu false "gods", it was wrong and the offending clergy should be disciplined. I'm not the only one here that has said that.[u] But there's one other trait of Christianity that committed Catholics practice: we like to get our facts straight before lobbing accusations against people[/u]. "Thou shall have no other gods beside me" is accompanied by "Thou shalt not bear false witness" in the Decalogue.
[/quote]

No, you just give the men in silk endless wiggleroom so even if they are doing the most outrageous things, you will excuse them in your mind, and think oh they didnt really mean to pray to Allah, Ganesha or whatever else they were up to.

I think its sad that blind obedience that is so paramount in Catholicism where offront to these universalistic bishops and Cardinals comes way before offense to Jesus Christ by their worship of other gods.

Even photographic evidence isnt enough for you folks.

I believe now and Ive said this before, a Pope could pray to Satan say "HAIL SATAN" on live international TV, with a Pentagram backdrop, and every Catholic on Phatmass would be yelling at the mean fundies who post and warn about it and making every excuse in the book.

[quote name='Budge' post='1045473' date='Aug 17 2006, 01:47 PM']
[img]http://www.cfnews.org/Our%20Father.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Thanks for the post Budge, this really is scandalous. Seriously. Look at that altar boy. He's wearing RUNNING SHOES to Mass. I can't believe it!

There are also no altar rails! **gasp** and look at the altar... its versus poplum **gasps again** and the priests aren't wearing the right vestments for that part of the Mass **gasps a third time** and, O GOD IN HEAVEN! the tabernacle isn't velied!!!! **dies of horror**