An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Your Spirituality?

Veritas

What Spirituality do you most identify with?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cathoholic_anonymous

I am Carmelite to my core.

The priest who looks after the church attached to the monastery at Quidenham once described Carmelite spirituality as 'one of the richest treasures in the coffers of the Church'. I've never heard it better described.

franciscanheart

Spelling of Franciscan fixed... I voted Franciscan.

Veritas, which one did you vote for and which one did you MEAN to vote for?

Carmelite-Dominican-Scalabrinian, and the traditional liturgical/religious life too.

By the way, Fulton Sheen Warrior, FSSP's English translation= Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter.

Franciscan for me, I think. I like them all, but I think I have more of the spirit of St. Francis. He just saw joy in everything, and loved all of God's creation. I love the relationship he had with St. Clare as well! What an awesome guy!

goldenchild17

I'm not sure I would associate with just one, other than Catholic... But I am particularly drawn to Augustinian spirituality.

My spirituality is that of Msgr. Luigi Giussani and the movement that was founded because of him, Communion and Liberation.

Edit: I also am a bit Augustinian, since my high school was run by the Augustinians.

Edited by Antonius

TheOliverOrder88

I guess for me, well its a bit mixed.

I go to a Lasallian school, so I am Lasallian. I have bits of Franciscan and contemplative (Benedictine?) maybe even traditional orthodox Catholic and some charismatic aspects.

I am all over the place.

son_of_angels

A bit complicated for me...I voted Benedictine, because the Benedictine discipline and daily sanctification, along with it's communal aspect, are the staples of my spiritual life. However, infuse A LOT, and by that I mean, like, a hundred gallons full, of CARTHUSIAN spirituality, with a good smattering of Augustine and Pseudo-Dionysius on its heels, and you have my spirituality. I positively love Carthusian spiritual writings, especially Hugh of Balma and the liber sine nomine "The Prayer of Love and Silence." I try to remember to say the Carthusian office of Paternosters and Aves at least once a week, and their notion of abandonment and the intimate relationship between Mary and the interior life goes well with Montfordian methods.

BTW, I would highly suggest reading the book, "Searching for and Maintaining Peace" by, I believe, Fr. Jaques Philippe while doing the St. Louis consecration.