An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Your Spirituality?

Veritas

What Spirituality do you most identify with?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think these types of threads are kind of good/fun to bring back. It is interesting to see how people have grown and changed. (Also there doesn't seem to be much point in making a whole new thread to just clutter up the boards.)

Spem in alium

Benedictine & Augustinian, with a bit of Ignatian spirituality thrown in. :)

Edited by Spem in alium

Barbara I'm right there with you in the "bitsa" spirituality. I definitely have a strong ignatian influence in my spirituality (I find it very practical when dealing with spiritual matters) however I do also love the Dominicans. I got a love of chanting the psalms from them. Both of them influenced my love for study. 

I don't do the whole hermit thing very well so I don't think there is much if any Carmelite in there. 

:) I was educated by Dominicans and have a great fondness for them and through them acquired my lasting love of The Church, theology and Scripture.  I have had a close association with Carmel since I was 16yrs old (now almost 68yrs).  Certainly, Therese of Lisieux and her thought have had a lasting and consistent influence on me which tends to grow if anything.  I have consulted Jesuits at times for one reason or another and my previous director was very much 'into' St Ignatius and the Jesuits.  I really do suspect that I am more of  a 'bitsa' than being able to pinpoint one particular spirituality by which I could claim to be marked.

I identify with the Jesuit spirituality more than any other ...

:) Ah a woman after my own heart :) I am very Ignatian in my spirituality.

Welcome to phatmass Sister :)

De Montfortian from my Total Consecration to Mary, but mostly Faberite from my readings of Father Faber.  I'd also include Teresian as I work to include Carmelite prayer in my life.  And of course broadly Benedictine from my understanding and love of the Sacred Liturgy.  Solesmes, of course. ;)

I took a quiz and got benedictine, though my heart will always be fond of oriental Christian spirituality.

I just took a spirituality quiz and registered 100% Jesuit and 93% Franciscan.  I laughed because Pope Francis is a Jesuit and I love Pope Francis.  :hehe2:

ToJesusMyHeart

I just took a spirituality quiz and registered 100% Jesuit and 93% Franciscan.  I laughed because Pope Francis is a Jesuit and I love Pope Francis.  :hehe2:

Can you share the link to the quiz?