heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1927662' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:21 AM']Wow, someone please tell me we aren't revisiting this again. Why is this here? I hated "avatar signatures" like nobody's business. I thought it was one of the worst things ever on the history of this entire site. I don't mind visual signatures, but I really hated having them at the expense of avatars. And as for the lame board, there are a lot of us that endured years of having Open Mic littered with pointless junk and it was a pain in the butt trying to wade through it all, but when it's separated and in its own space, it's great. I say a little mental junk food never hurt anybody, and if you don't like it, don't visit it.[/quote] oh yeah i forgot about why lame board being made so open mike wouldn't be flooded with spam. yeah lets keep that opened and no post from it counting. as for why this thread is back i dont know i was wondering the same thing. but there is an ok conversation
Ash Wednesday Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 Let's not forget people trying to pad their post count on Open Mic so they could have a custom title.
heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1927685' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:29 AM']Let's not forget people trying to pad their post count on Open Mic so they could have a custom title.[/quote] i'm not sure what you are talking about. i never did anything like that back then...
Ash Wednesday Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 I've always avoided the "Creepy Aliens" section because I'm old and grumpy, but my personal favorite was the "Back Alley"
heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Christie_M' post='1927687' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:30 AM']or Catholic Teen Talk...[/quote] back then Creepy Aliens
heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1927692' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:32 AM']I've always avoided the "Creepy Aliens" section because I'm old and grumpy, but my personal favorite was the "Back Alley" [/quote] I dont remember Back Alley! that must be from the pre-HS days
Christie_M Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='heavenseeker' post='1927693' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:32 PM']back then Creepy Aliens[/quote] nono I know that, I mean now adays
heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Christie_M' post='1927700' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:33 AM']nono I know that, I mean now adays [/quote] i know just had to do that
Ash Wednesday Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='heavenseeker' post='1927699' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:33 AM'] I dont remember Back Alley! that must be from the pre-HS days[/quote] Back Alley was the place where threads went when flame wars got so bad.... ...that they had to be put there.
heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1927716' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:37 AM']Back Alley was the place where threads went when flame wars got so bad.... ...that they had to be put there. [/quote] ok? i dont get that. what flame wars?
heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1927725' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:42 AM']flame wars = arguments, debates. [/quote] oh the debate table got it
Ash Wednesday Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 It was worse than the debate table. It was the debate table on steroids. And password protected.
CoffeeCatholic Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 I'll admit, i absolutely loved the sigs, and I miss them, and often wish they came back.... but, i voted avatars. Simple reason is that I've gotten so used to recognizing a person by their avatar instead of their name- it would be tough to go back to the old scroll to the bottom of the post thing to figure it out. Also, it makes the page look much cleaner... I just wish i could have both.
heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1927738' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:47 AM']It was worse than the debate table. It was the debate table on steroids. And password protected. [/quote] wow crazy. i remember there being a password protected phorums or two back in 2006 or something.
Ash Wednesday Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 Yeah, "back in 2006" I remember being on here discussing World Youth Day coming up in 2002, and discussing the presidential elections in 2004!!! Where has the time gone?!
zunshynn Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 I had a thought. What if the sig was at the top of one's post, rather than the bottom? Perhaps that would be a happy medium between an av and a sig... larger, nicer space to work with and you wouldn't have to scroll to the bottom to see it. the sigs just don't do anything the way they are now. I still think it would be cool to have both though.
T-Bone _ Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 The sigs broke up the pages too much, actually. It doesn't matter where they went. They were a bad idea, which is why they are no longer.
franciscanheart Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='CoffeeCatholic' post='1927747' date='Jul 21 2009, 11:51 PM']I'll admit, i absolutely loved the sigs, and I miss them, and often wish they came back.... but, i voted avatars. Simple reason is that I've gotten so used to recognizing a person by their avatar instead of their name- it would be tough to go back to the old scroll to the bottom of the post thing to figure it out. Also, it makes the page look much cleaner... I just wish i could have both.[/quote] I thought we did have both at one point... the avatars were just smaller than they are now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now