zunshynn Posted July 21, 2009 Posted July 21, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1926803' date='Jul 21 2009, 03:07 PM'] [/quote] Think about it. What would give greater glory to God... Beautiful sigs with wisdom from saints, prayers and images of Our Lord and Our Lady and Holy Mother Church, and the Mass... or.... 200 pages of word association games and "what should I name my toe?" and "lets discuss the ethics of hamburger vs. hot dogs." Personally I think we have plenty of fun on the rest of the phorum... humor that's slightly more meaningful, and personable and all. And the lame board, I firmly believe, is going to make you all lose many, many brain cells. We need you to keep your brain cells. You're a very intelligent young man, Res, and I would hate to see all that go to waste over hours spent typing one word responses ad nauseam to... well, nothing. Edited July 21, 2009 by zunshynn
eagle_eye222001 Posted July 21, 2009 Posted July 21, 2009 Some of us have serious conversations on there. CatherineM has a mini blog going that is substantive, then there is Rose and eagle's thread and Missy and BG45..... Please don't get rid of those quality threads. Not all of it is junk. ---------------- Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hans+zimmer+%26+james+newton+howard/track/why+so+serious%3f+(album+version)"]Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - Why So Serious? (Album Version)[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
Lil Red Posted July 21, 2009 Posted July 21, 2009 [quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1926838' date='Jul 21 2009, 03:36 PM']Some of us have serious conversations on there. CatherineM has a mini blog going that is substantive, then there is Rose and eagle's thread and Missy and BG45..... Please don't get rid of those quality threads. Not all of it is junk. ---------------- Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hans+zimmer+%26+james+newton+howard/track/why+so+serious%3f+(album+version)"]Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - Why So Serious? (Album Version)[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote] +J.M.J.+ if they aren't junk, then they should be here in open mic.
zunshynn Posted July 21, 2009 Posted July 21, 2009 [quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1926838' date='Jul 21 2009, 03:36 PM']Some of us have serious conversations on there. CatherineM has a mini blog going that is substantive, then there is Rose and eagle's thread and Missy and BG45..... Please don't get rid of those quality threads. Not all of it is junk. [/quote] But if it's quality, even if a little goofy, then why not put it in Open Mic... then everyone will enjoy it. But to have a whole board encouraging you to think of stupid things to type is kind of crazy.
T-Bone _ Posted July 21, 2009 Posted July 21, 2009 [quote name='zunshynn' post='1926886' date='Jul 21 2009, 03:59 PM']But if it's quality, even if a little goofy, then why not put it in Open Mic... then everyone will enjoy it. But to have a whole board encouraging you to think of stupid things to type is kind of crazy.[/quote] Here's an idea--if you don't like the Lame Board, DON'T GO THERE!
Resurrexi Posted July 21, 2009 Posted July 21, 2009 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1926895' date='Jul 21 2009, 05:02 PM']Here's an idea--if you don't like the Lame Board, DON'T GO THERE![/quote] IAWTC
zunshynn Posted July 21, 2009 Posted July 21, 2009 [quote name='T-Bone _' post='1926895' date='Jul 21 2009, 04:02 PM']Here's an idea--if you don't like the Lame Board, DON'T GO THERE![/quote] I don't. But if there's some good stuff down there I think it would be cool if it was in open mic where I'll actually see it. And I would still think it would be better to use the sites bandwidth for sigs rather than pages of "coagulated milk, goats, mud, chocolate, etc"
T-Bone _ Posted July 21, 2009 Posted July 21, 2009 [quote name='zunshynn' post='1926911' date='Jul 21 2009, 04:09 PM']And I would still think it would be better to use the sites bandwidth for sigs rather than pages of "coagulated milk, goats, mud, chocolate, etc"[/quote] What are you talking about?
eagle_eye222001 Posted July 21, 2009 Posted July 21, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Lil Red' post='1926860' date='Jul 21 2009, 05:48 PM']+J.M.J.+ if they aren't junk, then they should be here in open mic.[/quote] A two way conversation? Would Missy and BG45 and SMM and Missionseeker feel the same way as I do? ---------------- Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hans+zimmer+%26+james+newton+howard/track/i+am+the+batman+(album+version)"]Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - I Am The Batman (Album Version)[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url] Edited July 21, 2009 by eagle_eye222001
Lil Red Posted July 21, 2009 Posted July 21, 2009 [quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1926917' date='Jul 21 2009, 04:11 PM']A two way conversation? Would Missy and BG45 and SMM and Missionseeker feel the same way as I do? ---------------- Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hans+zimmer+%26+james+newton+howard/track/i+am+the+batman+(album+version)"]Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - I Am The Batman (Album Version)[/url] via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url][/quote] +J.M.J.+ i definitely think Cath's thread should be here. because it's amazingly awesome and helpful
heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='zunshynn' post='1926798' date='Jul 21 2009, 05:06 PM']I say both, and get rid of the lame board.[/quote] Best idea yet! I love it lets put it to action!
Resurrexi Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='heavenseeker' post='1927549' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:41 PM']Best idea yet! I love it lets put it to action![/quote] What is your problem with the Lame Board?
heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1927551' date='Jul 21 2009, 11:41 PM']What is your problem with the Lame Board?[/quote] it is sorta really pointless but beyond that nothing. i really just liked the post and had to be enthusiastic about it.
zunshynn Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' post='1927551' date='Jul 21 2009, 09:41 PM']What is your problem with the Lame Board?[/quote] Perhaps its not so much having a "problem" with the Lame Board in itself (though I do think it's rather pointless, and perhaps embarrassing. But I think of it more as simply that I think cool sigs would be a greater good than a "lame" board. It's simply a matter of priority, in my opinion.
heavenseeker Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='zunshynn' post='1927583' date='Jul 21 2009, 11:55 PM']Perhaps its not so much having a "problem" with the Lame Board in itself (though I do think it's rather pointless, and perhaps embarrassing. But I think of it more as simply that I think cool sigs would be a greater good than a "lame" board. It's simply a matter of priority, in my opinion. [/quote] i can agree with that, though the lame board can be fun sometimes.
zunshynn Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 I mean, have you SEEN these[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=56415"] awesome sigs[/url]? Tell me those aren't way cooler than most of the threads on the lame board. Dude, it's not like you're never going to have fun convos outside of that board.
Ash Wednesday Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 (edited) Wow, someone please tell me we aren't revisiting this again. Why is this here? I hated "avatar signatures" like nobody's business. I thought it was one of the worst things ever in the entire history of this site. I don't mind visual signatures, but I really hated having them at the expense of avatars. And as for the lame board, there are a lot of us that endured years of having Open Mic littered with pointless junk and it was a pain in the butt trying to wade through it all, but when it's separated and in its own space, it's great. I say a little mental junk food never hurt anybody, and if you don't like it, don't visit it. Edited July 22, 2009 by Ash Wednesday
Christie_M Posted July 22, 2009 Posted July 22, 2009 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1927662' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:21 PM']... And as for the lame board, there are a lot of us that endured years of having Open Mic littered with pointless junk and it was a pain in the butt trying to wade through it all, but when it's separated and in its own space, it's great. I say a little mental junk food never hurt anybody, and if you don't like it, don't visit it.[/quote] there. that's the best way to put this issue and i totally agree with her.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now