homeschoolmom Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 So, what are you people doing for New Years? If we get over whatever it is that's been plaguing us, we're going to a party with other HSers...
AlterDominicus Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 Egg Nog, watching Rose Bowl University of Michigan (SMME get me into them) vs. University of South Carolina
Church Punk Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 Trying to figure that bit out, possibly a party at a friends place, I wouldnt mind heading up to the Niagara and seeing the falls in red and green lights again though. It would be nice.
CatholicCid Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 The annual radioactive spud growing competition. Watch a fight between ninjas and pirates. Watch Chuck Norris win said fight. Prepare for Y2K07. And a little for fun.
Jaime Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 I've been invited to four parties. Apparently these people don't understand my disdain for the holidays
MIKolbe Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 [quote name='catholicinsd' post='1150936' date='Dec 28 2006, 11:33 AM'] I am washing dishes. [/quote] me too then doing my hair
xTrishaxLynnx Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 Probably the usual... Absolutely nothing. Although I may have to work. That'll be even more fun.
Anthony Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1150912' date='Dec 28 2006, 12:35 PM'] So, what are you people doing for New Years? If we get over whatever it is that's been plaguing us, we're going to a party with other HSers... [/quote] I will be watching the Cotton Bowl (Nebraska v Auburn) as I am a Nebraskan afterall. Other than that, I don't know!
Lterrebrood Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 Working eight hours New Years Eve, then opening New Years Day and working eight more hours = /
Mercy me Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 No firm plans, yet. I have a couple of parties that I have been invited to but they are not close to home. I really don't like to drive home on New Years. It is always crazy and then you throw in all the people town for the football game....
the_rev Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 There is a group in the diocese that is gathering together and were gonna have a midnight mass. What a way to bring in the new year.
Mercy me Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 [quote name='the_rev' post='1150983' date='Dec 28 2006, 04:58 PM'] There is a group in the diocese that is gathering together and were gonna have a midnight mass. What a way to bring in the new year. [/quote] That is cool. We used to have that here. It was great to be celebrating mass at midnight on the millenium. The young adult community was able to get it here and then we brought it to the parish. Last year, due to the shortage of priests, we had to stop it. Pray for more holy priests! My prayers will be with you and you group who are celebrating the new year this way. [quote]Mass... seeing as it's a holyday.[/quote] I believe that in the US the holy day has been transferred to the Sunday before since 1 Jan. falls on a Monday.
franciscanheart Posted December 28, 2006 Posted December 28, 2006 [size=5][b]Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament!![/b][/size] Complete with rosaries every hour on the hour, praise and worship, and the Divine Mercy Chaplet! : I'm excited. I love it.
JesusIPray Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 Woops, I thought you meant New Years Eve, haha, thats when I'm having my friends over. : But on the actual New Years Day is my Consecration! :
franciscanheart Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [quote name='JesusIPray' post='1151044' date='Dec 28 2006, 07:02 PM'] Woops, I thought you meant New Years Eve, haha, thats when I'm having my friends over. : But on the actual New Years Day is my Consecration! : [/quote] As in consecration to Jesus through Mary?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now