frozencell Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 I'm getting ready to go to the desert so that I can miss the BCS Championship game (GO BUCKEYES!!!!!), Valentine's Day, my second son's first birthday, possibly my birthday, etc. etc. I guess it could be worse...not sure how...but just maybe.
laudable_exchange Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 Aiming for a quiet long weekend, as quiet as it gets in the city at least. Been a busy, stressful couple of weeks, last day at my job is tomorrow, so I am looking forward to unwinding, ordering a pizza and watching a movie marathon! Then starting a new job on Tuesday........
cmotherofpirl Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [quote name='Pia' post='1151010' date='Dec 28 2006, 06:35 PM'] I'll be at the convent : at last. [/quote] You are entering or visiting?
MissScripture Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1150960' date='Dec 28 2006, 03:03 PM'] Probably the usual... Absolutely nothing. Although I may have to work. That'll be even more fun. [/quote] I'll be working...but just until 9 or so. We close early on New Year's eve. And then, New Years day is off! I want to do something with some of my friends, but we don't know what we're doing yet...
Resurrexi Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 (edited) [quote] I believe that in the US the holy day has been transferred to the Sunday before since 1 Jan. falls on a Monday. [/quote] I think that's stupid, and I don't go to the [i]Novus Ordo Missæ[/i], so I shall still be going to Mass or Divine Liturgy (I'm not sure which yet) and refraining from servile labour just like it were any holyday and I will make sure everyone around me does the same thinking its under pain of mortal sin even if it's "not". Edited December 29, 2006 by StThomasMore
homeschoolmom Posted December 29, 2006 Author Posted December 29, 2006 [quote name='StThomasMore' post='1151098' date='Dec 28 2006, 08:24 PM']I will make sure everyone around me does the same thinking its under pain of mortal sin even if it's "not". [/quote] nice
Tony Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 I will be hanging out with my dad and watching football all new years eve and new years day
franciscanheart Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1151079' date='Dec 28 2006, 07:53 PM'] You are entering or visiting? [/quote] I think she's entering... I'd have to go looking again... We have so many here at phatmass that are discerning/applying/entering that I can't keep up..
Lounge Daddy Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1150912' date='Dec 28 2006, 01:35 PM'] So, what are you people doing for New Years? [/quote] Technically, the New Year has already begun – liturgically speaking according to the calendar of The Church. Still, I will spend the day with Mass, Confession, Eucharist, a full rosary, and spiritual reading. I will also be spending the day with the fam eating BBQ burgers and watching a movie after running all afternoon at the park.
JesusIPray Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 (edited) [quote]Hugehey said: As in consecration to Jesus through Mary? [/quote] Yes Edited December 29, 2006 by JesusIPray
JesusIPray Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [quote]Hugehey said: As in consecration to Jesus through Mary? [/quote] Yes
veroni213 Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 My firends and I were thinking about going to Times Square. Anybody been? Have thoughts? People at work were telling me it's a horrible idea, so we might not go.
Sojourner Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 I'm going to a party at a friend's house for a couple of hours then ending up at another friend's place with a bunch of my girlfriends and we will watch Flash Gordan and do crafts.
cmotherofpirl Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [quote name='TrueImage' post='1151621' date='Dec 29 2006, 05:36 PM'] My firends and I were thinking about going to Times Square. Anybody been? Have thoughts? People at work were telling me it's a horrible idea, so we might not go. [/quote] Traffic is a pain, and you get put in a section where you have to stay, but still interesting. This year they will be doing fireworks all over the area every hour on the hour.
Theologian in Training Posted December 29, 2006 Posted December 29, 2006 [quote name='TrueImage' post='1151621' date='Dec 29 2006, 05:36 PM'] My firends and I were thinking about going to Times Square. Anybody been? Have thoughts? People at work were telling me it's a horrible idea, so we might not go. [/quote] If you like people, don't mind crowds and are into that type of thing, go for it, if none of that applies to you, find something better to do. It is too insane for me. As for my plans, seeing as the pastor is with the bishop and a few priests and seminarians in the Holy Land, I am going to make sure the rectory doesn't burn down. Of course, beforehand I will be saying Mass as a vigil (even though it is not a Holy Day the pastor wants us to offer the normal Sunday 5:30PM as the vigil for Monday (Solemnity of the Mother of God)) So, I will be ringing in the New Year with my cousin's two cats and a quiet house...can't say I am looking particularly forward to that...ah well..
homeschoolmom Posted December 30, 2006 Author Posted December 30, 2006 the last place on the planet I would want to be on NYs is Times Square. I have never understood the appeal...
I'm Mr. Snikkers Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 (edited) [quote name='I'm Mr. Snikkers' post='1151665' date='Dec 29 2006, 07:01 PM'] We play Taboo on New Yearseve. [/quote] We had so much fun last year. I had a card that said "Sunblock" and I said "you put on something so you don't get a something something" and my mom said "you put on sunblock so you don't get a sun burn." She was right. Edited December 30, 2006 by I'm Mr. Snikkers
Sojourner Posted December 30, 2006 Posted December 30, 2006 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1151687' date='Dec 29 2006, 06:05 PM'] the last place on the planet I would want to be on NYs is Times Square. I have never understood the appeal... [/quote] I totally agree. I've had friends who've gone and described it to me. Just nothing about it sounds remotely appealing.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now