An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shuffling Off To Buffalo:

passionheart

passionheart

As the ball dropped in Times Square last night, I realized for me it marked the beginning of my own countdown to the monastery.

My entrance date is Janaury 16 and even I know how fast time moves. After all Decemeber seemed to fly!!!

So on this Solemnity of Mary the Mother of God, I ask for prayers for my preparation for entering the Dominican Nuns of the Perpetual Rosary in Buffalo.

Blessings.

O yes: Fifteen days to go!!!

I am so excited for you! I have realized how much you've wanted this and for how long. . . so in a way, I'm DOUBLY excited for you as you've leapt hurdles in your desire to do God's will.

God bless you. . I'll be praying for you!

AlterDominicus
:weep: :cry: :sadder:

Donna thank you so much for everything you've done for me, and for all your prayers, and just being a sister, and a friend.

:kiss: :blowkiss: :clap: :sign:

My love and prayers will always go and be with you.

:lol:

Here's a beautiful one page site on the cloistered Dominican Nuns in Buffalo ...

[url="http://www.dominicannunsofbuffalo.org/"]http://www.dominicannunsofbuffalo.org/[/url]

Maybe you can visit the Discalced Carmelite Nuns in Buffalo before you enter. They have an incredibly beautiful old monastery and their chanting is heavenly ... :saint:

passionheart

[quote name='srmarymichael' post='1154560' date='Jan 2 2007, 11:16 AM']
God be with you! You'll be in our prayers!

It was nice to get to know you!!!
[/quote]

Thanks Sister, believe me the feeling is mutual.

It was a real blessing that landed me on phatmass because up to this point, I was feeling rather lonely in my vocation. Not anymore!!!

[size=6]14 Days to go :D: [/size]

After the day I spent at work today, I am looking forward to going!! :blink:

Edited by passionheart

Oh, I can't believe it's so SOON! It was just a few days ago that you were telling me you were applying. . . :unsure: Well maybe longer than a few days, now that I think about it! Time does get away. . . .

Can you share more about this wonderful order that you are entering?? How many nuns do they have? What draws you to the apostolate of the Rosary?
thanks,
AliceM

[ :) i]Best of luck as you follow God's plan for your life. Certainly He is a God of surprises and will not let you down. Savor the memory of these days of anticipation - the memory will carry you if you ever doubt or question your call. Your joy is infectious (even through the internet). God [b]will[/b] bless you!!!! :)