An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shuffling Off To Buffalo:

passionheart

[quote name='The Little Way' post='1161217' date='Jan 11 2007, 12:53 AM']
I'm a bit late, but I wanted to add my prayers and good wishes :D: God bless and Mary keep!
[/quote]

Never to late because I am still here. Thanks I need the prayers but so does the community :D:

the lords sheep

Many Congratulations!!! May God bless you in your willingness to follow Him! Many Prayers as you continue on your path toward the Beloved.

[quote name='passionheart' post='1161241' date='Jan 11 2007, 01:09 AM']
Never to late because I am still here. Thanks I need the prayers but so does the community :D:
[/quote]
Prayers for you... and for your community!!! :clap: :pray:

[quote name='Pia' post='1161658' date='Jan 11 2007, 04:25 PM']
I'm so happy for you and the community. Please ask them to pray for me especially during the next few months.
[/quote]

I will Pia!!

[size=5]5 days to go[/size]

Today was shopping day. I had to go two different shoe stores find my shoes/sandals for the convent. I have wide feet and other problems so shoe shopping is no fun :ohno:

I find it funny that I have done more shopping in this one week then I have for most of my life. I have tried to live such a simple life that I don't have alot of things. Now that I entering a community where I will be living a simple life/poverty, I have to buy all this stuff. :D:

Ahh the life of a disciple full of paradoxes!!! :lol_roll:

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='passionheart' post='1161847' date='Jan 11 2007, 06:51 PM']
I will Pia!!

Today was shopping day. I had to go two different shoe stores find my shoes/sandals for the convent. I have wide feet and other problems so shoe shopping is no fun :ohno:

I find it funny that I have done more shopping in this one week then I have for most of my life. I have tried to live such a simple life that I don't have alot of things. Now that I entering a community where I will be living a simple life/poverty, I have to buy all this stuff. :D:

[/quote]
That is funny, what sort of stuff do you bring when entering a convent?

[quote name='passionheart' post='1161847' date='Jan 11 2007, 05:51 PM']
I will Pia!!

[/quote]

GET GOOD SHOES! You'll be on your feet a lot, especially as an extern sister. Get expensive shoes... you won't regret it ^_^

We're praying for you DM!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1160261' date='Jan 9 2007, 09:03 PM']
I'm sorry, but a week? Is there any possiblity of fitting in your suitcase???? :getaclue: :soccer:

:topsy:
[/quote]

lol, when I entered at OLAM someone asked me if they could come in my [i]pocket[/i]! :lol:

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1163057' date='Jan 12 2007, 09:19 PM']
You are going to be an extern?
[/quote]

[size=6]4 days to go[/size]

Lauren, I spent yesterday looking for shoes....GOOD SHOES. That was my biggest worry and expense.

As for me being an Extern. As far as I know that is what I will be. Still, I think the good sisters are nuts having me as the face of the community in the community. I hope I don't scare anyone away :ninja:

[size=5]3 days to go[/size]

Farewell/Thank you party tonight!!! I am trying to call and finish some application paperwork. Just like school but I don't have time for an all nighter.

HeavenlyCalling you asked me what I need to bring :idontknow:

Basic stuff you need such as night wear, socks, and blouses and shoes, etc.

HeavenlyCalling

I think someone ( I can remember who ) said that they needed to bring like 7000 hankies with their initials on them :blink: I remeber thinking that was really funny :D:

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1163746' date='Jan 13 2007, 02:05 PM']
I think someone ( I can remember who ) said that they needed to bring like 7000 hankies with their initials on them :blink: I remeber thinking that was really funny :D:
[/quote]

Wasn't that jgirl? It was something 10 dozen instead of 1dozen (typo) LOL

DM, we're sure going to miss you but will keep you in prayer for sure! :sign: