An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shuffling Off To Buffalo:

passionheart

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Donna, I've been meaning to add to this thread and let you know that I'm praying for you and will continue to pray for my new Sister in St. Dominic! May the Lord grant you perseverance! Buffalo has a nice little group of new sisters which will be helpful for you in your formation.

As for the Rosary, do what you can and let the Lord do the rest. I used to get myself all tied up wondering if I was praying it as well as I should! <_< Whatever that means!

You need to tell us something very important....your postulant dress. What will you be wearing?????? :P:

God bless you!
Sr. Mary Catharine

PS Our Sr. Angela will be receiving the habit on February 11th!!!! We've got 2 entering in June and several coming for aspirancy. It's keeping me busy! :D:

passionheart

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1158070' date='Jan 7 2007, 11:43 AM']
Donna, I've been meaning to add to this thread and let you know that I'm praying for you and will continue to pray for my new Sister in St. Dominic! May the Lord grant you perseverance! Buffalo has a nice little group of new sisters which will be helpful for you in your formation.

As for the Rosary, do what you can and let the Lord do the rest. I used to get myself all tied up wondering if I was praying it as well as I should! <_< Whatever that means!

You need to tell us something very important....your postulant dress. What will you be wearing?????? :P:

God bless you!
Sr. Mary Catharine
PS Our Sr. Angela will be receiving the habit on February 11th!!!! We've got 2 entering in June and several coming for aspirancy. It's keeping me busy! :D:
[/quote]

Dear Sister thank so much for prayers and well wishes. Believe they mean lot to me. I am so glad to hear that Sr. Angela will be back to receive the habit on Feb. 11. I had been praying for her and her family.

As for my postulant dress: The best fashion houses in Europe have produced a FAB outfit any postulant would love to be seen in!!!

The postulant dress is a black dress that could be described as a jumper. In order to complete the stylish ensemble a white blouse and/or turtleneck can be worn. Of course how can forget the head which will be careful adorn by a black veil.

Truly a remarkable outfit :lol:

[size=6]9 Days to go[/size]

P.S. I think you all better pray for the sisters in Buffalo. After all look who is coming ;)

Edited by passionheart

AlterDominicus

[quote name='passionheart' post='1158211' date='Jan 7 2007, 05:26 PM']
Dear Sister thank so much for prayers and well wishes. Believe they mean lot to me. I am so glad to hear that Sr. Angela will be back to receive the habit on Feb. 11. I had been praying for her and her family.

As for my postulant dress: The best fashion houses in Europe have produced a FAB outfit any postulant would love to be seen in!!!

The postulant dress is a black dress that could be described as a jumper. In order to complete the stylish ensemble a white blouse and/or turtleneck can be worn. Of course how can forget the head which will be careful adorn by a black veil.

P.S. I think you all better pray for the sisters in Buffalo. After all look who is coming ;)
[/quote]:lol_pound: :rolling: :lol_roll:

Definitely be praying for y'all

Edited by AlterDominicus

DM, Do they wear the veil, like it shows in Brandelynmarie's pic/avatar/signature, in prayer? Or is that for hermit days? I just noticed on their web page their veil is folded back. . .just curious :unsure:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='passionheart' post='1158211' date='Jan 7 2007, 10:26 PM']

[/quote]

:clap: Tee hee! :D:

I will pray for your soon-to-be-sisters ;)

All the best, may you always be aware of God's presence, and...

That's about it I think. :)

We'll miss you!

brandelynmarie

[quote name='HisChild' post='1158278' date='Jan 7 2007, 06:36 PM']
DM, Do they wear the veil, like it shows in Brandelynmarie's pic/avatar/signature, in prayer? Or is that for hermit days? I just noticed on their web page their veil is folded back. . .just curious :unsure:
[/quote]

Ok, I'll answer this one from my limited knowledge...DM will be able to give a better answer, of course....I have only seen the veils folded back....but who knows what they do for retreats or hermit days...Actually, do they have retreat or hermit days in Buffalo? Hmmmm....

[quote name='passionheart' post='1158211' date='Jan 7 2007, 04:26 PM']

[/quote]

:biglol:

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1159329' date='Jan 8 2007, 05:48 PM']
Ok, I'll answer this one from my limited knowledge...DM will be able to give a better answer, of course....I have only seen the veils folded back....but who knows what they do for retreats or hermit days...Actually, do they have retreat or hermit days in Buffalo? Hmmmm....
:biglol:
[/quote]

Where is your pic from, B?

passionheart

[size=6]8 days to go[/size]

My last day of work. I was given a nice farewell with some goodies!!!!

I am glad to close this door and move on to the next!!

As for the veils Brandee is correct about the veil but I have to admit I don't know too much about the private retreats.

passionheart

[size=5]Ahh 7 days to go[/size]

What interesting day. I was able to have lunch with some of the Grey Sisters of the Immaculate Conception. They were my teachers in senior high school. These women have been my friends and have helped me in the past. God has truly blessed me with good role models.

Tonight, as I look around the mess of my room, I will leave it for tomorrow. I am watching movies tonight and laying about :D:

Edited by passionheart

AlterDominicus

[quote name='passionheart' post='1160209' date='Jan 9 2007, 08:58 PM']
[size=5]Ahh 7 days to go[/size]

What interesting day. I was able to have lunch with some of the Grey Sisters of the Immaculate Conception. They were my teachers in senior high school. These women have been my friends and have helped me in the past. God has truly blessed me with good role models.

Tonight, as I look around the mess of my room, I will leave it for tomorrow. I am watching movies tonight and laying about :D:
[/quote]

I'm sorry, but a week? Is there any possiblity of fitting in your suitcase???? :getaclue: :soccer:

:topsy:

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1160598' date='Jan 10 2007, 10:44 AM']
I am so excitied and I am not even entering!!!
[/quote]

Thanks for sharing in my excitement. As for right now, I still feel I behind getting something done in time??
[size=5]
6 days to go[/size]