An Old School Catholic Message Board

Shuffling Off To Buffalo:

passionheart

passionheart

[quote name='sisterjanetihm' post='1154950' date='Jan 2 2007, 09:24 PM']
[ :) i]Best of luck as you follow God's plan for your life. Certainly He is a God of surprises and will not let you down. Savor the memory of these days of anticipation - the memory will carry you if you ever doubt or question your call. Your joy is infectious (even through the internet). God [b]will[/b] bless you!!!! :)
[/quote]

Thanks Sister

[size=6]13 Days to go[/size]

Better day at work Amen!!!

I am meeting with my nieces tonight and I am little nervous about it. I hope all will be well!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How wonderful for our lord, Holy Mother Church, Your Community and yourself for beautiful vocation and your "Yes!" and may it always imitate our Ladies "yes", this is a wonderful time for you, and know that I will be praying for you!!

God Bless You!

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1155797' date='Jan 3 2007, 11:34 PM']
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How wonderful for our lord, Holy Mother Church, Your Community and yourself for beautiful vocation and your "Yes!" and may it always imitate our Ladies "yes", this is a wonderful time for you, and know that I will be praying for you!!

God Bless You!
[/quote]
YES. Congratulations.

passionheart

Thank so much for your Blessings and Well Wishes :D:

[size=6]12 Days to Go[/size]

We are planning a farewell party on Jan 13. I can't even read the invitations without the tears coming :sadder: God's Mercy and Grace, People's Generosity.......

[size=7]Beautiful !!![/size]

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1156631' date='Jan 5 2007, 12:14 PM']
Wow, only 11 days to go!!! It's amazing you still have the time to talk to us!
[/quote]

:lol_roll:

Happiness/Joy to the nth degree!

DM -- we'll talk when I get back from Mexico, maybe Sunday!

-- Carmen

passionheart

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1156631' date='Jan 5 2007, 12:14 PM']
Wow, only 11 days to go!!! It's amazing you still have the time to talk to us!
[/quote]

[size=7]11 days to Go[/size]

:D: So am I!!!!

Seriously, over past few months, I have been taking care of alot things. There is one advantage to living simply You have very few things to get rid off!!!!!!!

People would tell me to have a garage sale to raise money for my nun fund. I said that would be great except there is only one problem...... I don't have any stuff :topsy:

HeavenlyCalling

Our Brendon mentioned that he might be able to go and take pictures, so we may get to see you enter *does happy dance with aid of :taco:*

passionheart

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1157716' date='Jan 6 2007, 07:45 PM']
Our Brendon mentioned that he might be able to go and take pictures, so we may get to see you enter *does happy dance with aid of :taco:*
[/quote]

[size=5]10 days to Go[/size]

Wow it just dawned on my that I will gone in 10 days. :shock:
I am part of a group that comes together First Saturdays for Reparation and Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. After the homily, Father called me up to give a gift from the group. The Little Office of Mary, a gorgeous rosary and Living Enrolement in the Little Flower Society. I couldn't believe it I started to cry. It will be my last first Saturday together with some beautiful people who love our Blessed Mother :sadder:

Ok, it is time I answer some questions that people have asked in this thread:

First the one above.

Yes, I did ask Mother about the pictures but the postulant ceremony is a private cermony so pictures can't be taken. Sorry!!

Writing:

Yes I can accept letters but letters to friends are limited. I don't believe I have access to email in the novitiate. So we are back to snail mail. I will PM the monastery address to Hugleyforlife. I am trying to convince my brother to pop on phatmass every once and awhile to give you updates.

A little about Dominican Buffalo,

First of all I have to admit, I don't have a strong devotion to the rosary. In that I mean I don't pray everyday but when I do pray the rosary it is takes me a long time. Why? I get lost in the mediation on the mysteries.

This is a loving community. These women are in love with the Lord and they do love each other. It was quite obvious to me when I was did my aspirancy with them. I felt welcomed and loved during the time I was there despite some of my mistakes. One of my mistakes had the community laughing. Later Sr. Rose wanted to reassure me that the community wasn't laughing at me. I told Sr. Rose that I knew the community was laughing with me and I was fine.

There are about 25 women in the community. When I enter there will someone there in the novitiate and someone coming in March. Hopefully we see Brandee in October. Who knows who will come next. There is another Canadian Sister from Vancouver Island. I going try to have the house celebrate both Thanksgiving in honour of us :saint: Also, there are some sisters from Europe. One sister was an active Dominican Sister in Switzerland but felt the call to contemplative life.

Call to the Apostalate

I guess Sr. Catherine could answer this question better but it is difficult to know what draws me to the contemplative life. For years my friends told me I had a gift prayer, I told them they were nuts. Later, I understood what this meant and then I found myself desiring to live a life of prayer. I felt a desire... a thirst for the desert. Although, I realized a life of prayer was my vocation, I thought it would be lived in the world. I had applied in past to communities but only to active ones, I never considered the cloister. So I tried to live the life of prayer in the world but still felt empty.

So it was on the advice of SJA that I look at the cloister and this particular cloister. I went out of respect to SJA, and I assumed they would tell me "Good bye and Thanks for Coming out".

Oh Well, Wrong Again!!! :duh:

Edited by passionheart

brandelynmarie

Aren't you glad you were wrong? :topsy: Gonna miss you on here & all, but I, like everyone else, am so happy for you & am so glad to have "followed" you to phatmass from another yahoo group...the shufflling off to Buffalo for your aspirancy gave you away on here! :lol_roll: May God's will be continue to be done in you, dear 'sister'! Deo gratias!