An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-catholics Fear This

ironmonk

i have a catechism. it's a friend's but i've had it for a few months now. i've read some of it, not all. i like getting answers from people (phatmassers) rather than from a book.

I understand... but we could be wrong on certain points... The Church, knows the teachings better than we do...

If you would like me to find certain teachings for you, I'd be happy to do so... I want you to understand the true teaching of the Church....

some of us can say it one way and it sound right in our mind, but because you come from a different background, you could understand it to be something totally different....

I suggest use both... ;)

God Bless Bro,

ironmonk

cmotherofpirl

Mulls don't try to sit and read the whole thing front to back. Go to the index and pick something you are interested in and read about that. If it still interests you, check out te footnotes and read the documents they are quoting. All encyclicals and teachings are at the ETWN library or NewAdvent.com or Petersnet.net.

Catholicism has 2000 years of interesting stuff to choose from.

Enjoy.

Bump for our new non-Catholic friends

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary,

ironmonk

www.MoralTruth.com

A few resources for ya:

www.ScriptureCatholic.com

www.USCCB.org

www.Catholic.com

From the "sola fide" thread since nothing thinks it has something to do with this challenge....

For you to attempt the challenge, you must use the Catechism, Bible, and ECF.

I do understand that you fear the challenge as do all anti-Catholics.

Picking "sola fide" comes from your interpretation of the bible.... you failed the challenge miserablly. Then you try to justify it by saying that you used the Catechism by picking something that is not in it.... That just makes me laugh :D

That is almost as ridiculous as claiming kissing is not cheating on your wife because you didn't have sex.

Please try again...

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary,

ironmonk

The whole basis of anti-Catholicism is all lies. Quotes taken out of context, and some totally fabricated.

How about:

The whole basis of Catholicism is all lies. Quotes taken out of context, and some totally fabricated. :P

Are you human?

Yes? Well we ALL sin and fall short of the glory of God.

How about:

The whole basis of Catholicism is all lies. Quotes taken out of context, and some totally fabricated.  :P

Then show us.

My statement is grounded in fact.

Have you read the Catechism or have you listened to what non-Catholics have to say about the Church?

If the basis of Catholicism was lies, then anyone could do the challenge with the sources required for use.

Bible, Cathechism, and ECF (The first Christian writings).

Surely if Catholicism was wrong, someone could have done that in the past two or so years?

Pastors have tried - men with masters of divinity have tried - yet none can do it.

Why?

I want you to notice the difference between this board or boards like http://www.MoralTruth.com/MTBBS/, and boards like www.Baptistboard.com

We talk about how the Church has the Truth, we do not attack other churches... we do however counter statements made by those from within those churches when those people open the door to that dialog.

Now, go to a typical protestant board like the one above... they have to prove the Catholic Church wrong, before they can prove themselves right.... they have to tare down the truth before they can build up their lie.

Facts... simple facts... Please, if the Catholic Church is wrong, then show me, if you can't show me, don't post saying the Catholic Church is wrong, because if you cannot show it, then it is not grounded in truth and fact.

God Bless,

ironmonk

I don't want to "prove the Catholic church wrong" - more debate our differences. I could post a HEAP of stuff stating why I disagree...but I think I've done enough. I'm not against the people, but can't accept the teachings.

and

The whole basis of Catholicism is all lies. Quotes taken out of context, and some totally fabricated.

was just turning your statement around to show you how we feel when you tell us we believe all lies ;)

Edited by Robyn

IronMonk,

Protestants today are not Protestants because they first reject the Catholic Church. The are Christians because of the Truth of Faith taught them through their Christian denomination. One can't say they are completely wrong. Being completely wrong is much different than not having the Fullness of Truth.