ironmonk

Still waiting.....

"I'll take 'Things that prots can't do' for $1000 Alec"

<Now think of the Jeopardy music>

*The answer is 'anti-Catholics fear it'

"What is the Catechism?"

*Right and you won Double Jeopardy!!!

lol TIC

I'm here to help you find things in the Catechism... Please ask.

God Bless,

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

I understand... I've had this challenge on protestant boards for over a year... hundreds of posts, yet only one person tried for one post to prove the Catechism wrong, but the kid didn't know the bible very well and the Catechism proved itself correct...even the other protestants corrected him.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary

ironmonk

Movin on up

To the top...

To the top of the board so must_ can fi-i-i-nd...

Movin on up

to the top...

To a de-e-e-luxe post in the sky...

lol_grin.gif B)

God Bless,

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

ironmonk,

your arrogance astounds me. over the last few weeks, to me at least, you have become very pompous while exerting quite a holier-than-thou attitude.

i dont understand the infatuation you have with this challenge. it is obvious that you are very well-studied and very intelligent, but i have to ask, who does this challenge benefit? Me? the Catholic church? or your own ego?

it Christianity a matter of intelligence, or is it a matter of the heart and soul?

do you need to be educated to know Jesus? is faith only relegated to those litterate and smart enough to study church fathers?

im sure i will be ripped for these comments, especially since im already in trouble for making an unqualified remark on another thread. but i hope you will receive this as constructive critcism.

if feel the need to prove something to somebody on this board, show yourself as an upstanding Christian character, without insults and arrogance, like the rest of the folks here. i often fail at this, and i recognize it. im not judging you as a person, but rather your recent etiquette.

i am not as smart or wise as you, and may never be, but I do know my Lord and I pray that I steadfastly continue to get to know Him.

God bless.

sean

ironmonk,

your arrogance astounds me. over the last few weeks, to me at least, you have become very pompous while exerting quite a holier-than-thou attitude.

i dont understand the infatuation you have with this challenge. it is obvious that you are very well-studied and very intelligent, but i have to ask, who does this challenge benefit? Me? the Catholic church? or your own ego?

it Christianity a matter of intelligence, or is it a matter of the heart and soul?

do you need to be educated to know Jesus? is faith only relegated to those litterate and smart enough to study church fathers?

im sure i will be ripped for these comments, especially since im already in trouble for making an unqualified remark on another thread.  but i hope you will receive this as constructive critcism.

if feel the need to prove something to somebody on this board, show yourself as an upstanding Christian character, without insults and arrogance, like the rest of the folks here. i often fail at this, and i recognize it. im not judging you as a person, but rather your recent etiquette.

i am not as smart or wise as you, and may never be, but I do know my Lord and I pray that I steadfastly continue to get to know Him.

God bless.

sean

mulls...

I'm sorry that the wrong tone was conveyed... I used the smiley's to denote a tongue in cheek.... It did irk me the way he was avoiding it, some was written when it was late and I was tired... What is posted is posted and I cannot change that, but the spirit of this challenge remains, and I'm waiting for him to actually do it.

I don't feel that the 'insult' was unmerrited at all... it fit the situation. The point was he said I challenged him to something that I did not challenge him too.

He came to attack... the challenge benefits truth.

He said he would do it. He then tried to change it and he misquoted me a few times.

This has nothing to do with me. It's not me that is winning the challenge, it is the Church. It is the teachings of the Church that are at question, not mine.

It has nothing to do with my ego.

Christianity is a matter of truth.

It is not me that is wise, I'm just a fool, it is the Church that is wise.

must immediatly started insulting when he came in... His own interpretations are the only ones that are correct. He feels that he is wiser than the Church. He feels that the Church lost it's way.

This isn't a "i'm right, must is wrong" this is a "The Church is right, and must is wrong".

Someone comes into a Catholics house spouting how the Catholic Church is wrong, it's time to step up to the plate and prove it.

The only logical way to prove the Church wrong is using the Catechism, Bible, and Early Church Fathers writings.

God Bless,

ironmonk

i wasnt speaking just about your dialogue with Must.

you should review your debate table posts from the last few weeks.

take responsibility.

i wasnt speaking just about your dialogue with Must.

you should review your debate table posts from the last few weeks.

take responsibility.

I did, and I disagree.

I don't see anything pompus or arrogant at all.

I have never said or implied that I was better than anyone.

I have basically said the Catholic Church is true as are it's teachings, and if someone disagrees with the Church, they are wrong. Truth cannot contradict Truth. As we see in the Scriptures, there is one Way, not 34,000.

I have also stated some opions on a few subjects, this is a message board and some people will disagree... that does not mean that we feel we are better than the other person.

When I use caps, it's meant as emphesis, it's not yelling.

The Church teaches that it is guided by God, the Scriptures back it up and the Early Church Fathers back it up... When it comes to what the Church says, I'll stick to it until the day I die without faulter. If I have a misunderstanding of what the Church teaches, I want to be corrected, if I disagree with the other persons reasoning, I'll let them know and I hope if they firmly believe that they are right, they'll stick to their guns and explain it to me in a different light so that I may learn.

I'm sorry if I miscommunicated anything to you, but I would think that you are aware of my writing style. I speak my mind, and sometimes I'm blunt. It's not ment to offend, but to inform.

If someone disagrees with the Church on a matter, 999 times out of 1000, it's because they don't fully understand what the Church teaches.

We believe the bible is the word of God because the Catholic Church said it was around 400 AD.

Most arguments against the Church are that it has strayed from the Apostles teachings... so I feel we must start at the beginning if we are to learn. That is why I have the challenge that I posted. I think I should have retittled it, it is from a very anti-Catholic board that I use to post on... I stopped because there were no new arguments, it was the same thing over and over.

God Bless,

ironmonk

Actually, there is such a thing as scandalizing someone with too much theological depth.

*blinks*

Uh... could someone shed some light on that? You lost me there Winchester.

• 2 weeks later...

bumb... for mulls....

Truth is a matter of knowing.

Truth does not care if we like it or not, the Truth does not change.

If we don't want something to be True, even though it is, it doesn't matter because the Truth always remains.

Maybe you feel like it's arrogence because no one can honestly attack the Catholic Church and win... The Catholic Church is truth.

I ask you to look at the Catechism... no one can prove it wrong, either by things that are not in it, or things that are in it.

God Bless,

ironmonk

The term "Roman Catholic" is not used by the Church herself. It is a new term confined to the English language. Catholics should be aware of using the term because of its origins in Anglican circles intending to suggest that there just may be some other Catholic Church around somewhere besides the Roman one; also because the term is often used to suggest that the Roman Catholic Church is something less than the catholic Church of the Creed. The term is commonly used by some dissenting theologians who consider "the Roman Catholic Church" just another contemporary Christian denomination rather than the "one holy catholic and apostolic Church" of the Creed.

i have a catechism. it's a friend's but i've had it for a few months now. i've read some of it, not all. i like getting answers from people (phatmassers) rather than from a book.