An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-catholics Fear This

ironmonk

Trooper4DaHolyG

yeah it really must, if you guys have to write posts like that and actually be a little serious... hahahaha

you guys crack me up so much... its all for gags

little bit of cmotherofpirl* and giggles.

Edited by Trooper4DaHolyG

littleflower+JMJ

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

all these last posts were jokes right? Really funny guys! You got me!

Go Slaughter another Lamb  :D

i didn't see anything funny

littleflower+JMJ

if you use the bible then you already believe in a tradition from the catholic church

how else did that book get into your hands?

littleflower+JMJ

Notice how you said MY Christianity. 

Does that mean, that anyone can make up their own form of Christianity?

This is one of the reasons why I left Protestantism.  Too many freakin people tend to pick and choose what they want, interpret certain passages the way they want, and all come to different conclusions and walla...you got division.

:) by the way paladin, just wanted to say that that was an amesome post.

:wub: +JMJ

Trooper4DaHolyG

Dave its not a matter of making sense; its the content of what you all had to say, you look like a smart guy pity you don't use that intellect...

Dave its not a matter of making sense; its the content of what you all had to say, you look like a smart guy pity you don't use that intellect...

The content? You didn't seem to even read what we had to say, or at least you didn't read it with an open mind!

And your slamming my use of intellect (or what you think is the lack thereof) is uncalled-for. If you claim to love Christ and do His will, I suggest you study what the Lord has to say about loving one another rather than insulting them.

littleflower+JMJ

maybe they would make more sense to you if you were truly reading them insteading of finding an insult to say.

why be scared of anything that might shake your boat? you shouldn't be unless you have a reason to

lets start by reading whats actually been posted. thats a good start.

God bLess!

your sister in christ,

littleflower

+JMJ

Go Slaughter another Lamb  :D

He he, I thought that was good!

But dear friend, do you not agree that Catholics are our brothers and sisters in Christ even though their beliefs differ a little? Jesus said, "By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, by your love for one another." Treat them all with love. I have been noting that some of your responses have a bit of a sting in them. Yes, I know you are passionate about what you are writing, but try to say it in a loving way, not an insulting way.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THIS UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING THE CHALLENGE.

Getting this thread back on track... as always, there's a bunch of arm waving by people and in over 2 years only one has actually attempted this challenge (and it wasn't mustbenothing).

Post 1:

Interpretation arguments go round and round. When a Catholic says something about the bible, the anti-Catholic will say "no, you're wrong, that's not what it means"... and the anti-Catholic has no basis for his personal interpretation. (it would have to smell of elderberries to be anti-Catholic, always wondering about bible meanings... and if they think it doesn't smell of elderberries, then I guess ignorance is bliss)

The most ANYONE (anti-Catholic and non-Catholic) can say truthfully is that "we have a different interpretation from the Catholics". Then when they get into historical facts, they can't say a thing against the Church. It's a fact that the Catholic Church has been teaching the same faith and morals for 2000 years.

What all anti-Catholics fear....

1. Prove the the Catholic Church teaching is wrong with the Bible, by posting links to the parts of the Catechism and quoting verses in the bible...here is the link to the Catechism

http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/entiretoc1.htm

2. For you to find writings from the First Christians, before 600 AD to show that the Catholic Church was not the Church that Christ built.

The whole basis of anti-Catholicism is all lies. Quotes taken out of context, and some totally fabricated.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary,

ironmonk

• 2 weeks later...

must,

still waiting... let's stop with the run around.

You've been proven wrong on every point you post.

Your theology did not exist until many years after 1517 AD.... by no way, shape, or form does your theology look like what the Aposltes taught or even the first Christians for hundreds of years...

You go to great lengths to come up with arguments against the Church, and yet they fail time and time again, and are found no where in the first 500 years of Christian history.

You ignore the significance all of our posts, points and evidence.

You think you know Catholicism, but you do not, until you read the Catechism and look at the footnotes.

All the Early Church Fathers where Catholic.... that speaks volumes, and if you think that is insignificant, then you are a victim of your logic of your own design.

People who left the Church are spoken of in Acts 20:30 and 2 Peter 3:15... Luther, Knox, Calvin, etc... they were not the Church that Jesus spoke of, they were the wolves spoken of.

Your whole foundation of attacks on the Church fail for that one simple reason.

Twist this all you like, struggle and come up with more Catholic quotes taken out of context to attempt to prove it wrong.... bottom line the Catholic Church does not err in teaching and is the One True Church that will never be overcome.

-ironmonk