An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-catholics Fear This

ironmonk

No Catholics, No Popes, No BS. Christianity my friend, My Christianity....

Pure and utter nonsense.

Catholics were the first Christians, even if it took some time for the Church to acquire that name. If you read the Early Church Fathers and other early Christian writings, you'll see that the early Christians were thoroughly Catholic in belief and practice.

St. Peter was pope at the time; Jesus had already appointed him pope when he said, "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church." So your claim that there were no popes is BS.

You said in another thread that your brand of Christianity is only about 50 years old. Thus, your brand of Christianity is man-made. It's a FAR CRY from what original Christianity was (and continues to be to this day).

If you say there's BS in the Catholic Church, then you're saying that Jesus' teachings are BS.

Please do us a favor and study Church history before you make such silly claims. And use non-biased Catholic sources! Don't use non-Catholic sources that can be (and usually are) biased!

littleflower+JMJ

helllo trooper! nice to have ya here! your a newbie aren't ya?

welcome.....

just wanted to respond to this.

Christ did not come to start Christianity, he came to establish a Church.

study, read, stay. for anyone who says that there were no catholics, no popes, no BS, surely has their history, facts and information clearly wrong and doesn't know the truth.

i encourage you to. stick around. all you need is an open heart and be sincere and you can learn alot.

Matt. 16:18 "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it"

1 Cor. 3:11, Eph. 2:20, 1 Pet. 2:5–6, Rev. 21:14

"[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2).

God bLESs!

and once again, Welcome! :D

your sister in christ,

littleflower+JMJ

Pax Christi :)

Trooper4DaHolyG

Pure and utter nonsense. 

Catholics were the first Christians, even if it took some time for the Church to acquire that name.  If you read the Early Church Fathers and other early Christian writings, you'll see that the early Christians were thoroughly Catholic in belief and practice.

St. Peter was pope at the time; Jesus had already appointed him pope when he said, "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church."  So your claim that there were no popes is BS.

You said in another thread that your brand of Christianity is only about 50 years old.  Thus, your brand of Christianity is man-made.  It's a FAR CRY from what original Christianity was (and continues to be to this day).

If you say there's BS in the Catholic Church, then you're saying that Jesus' teachings are BS. 

Please do us a favor and study Church history before you make such silly claims.  And use non-biased Catholic sources!  Don't use non-Catholic sources that can be (and usually are) biased!

Ok first of all your telling me to refer to Christian Writings, over the world of God. Well hello my friend is that not Man-Made?

How does that verse show me that Peter was the pope? You refered to something totally different...

Jesus's teachings do not directly refer to the Catholic Church you are using verses to your own prevailment of your beliefs.

Show me Catholic in the Bible and maybe you'll see my view point change. Your teachings are as good as my teachings

I can tell you to refer to other Christian Writings to show why my church is the true church, but hey you wouldn't like that. Just like I don't like you telling me to refer to written facts and Christian Writings. Refer me to God's WORD!

If a newspaper told you FACT: THERE WILL BE A WAR TOMMOROW will you believe it because it is written and stated as a fact?

Trooper4DaHolyG

helllo trooper! nice to have ya here! your a newbie aren't ya?

welcome.....

just wanted to respond to this.

Christ did not come to start Christianity, he came to establish a Church.

study, read, stay. for anyone who says that there were no catholics, no popes, no BS, surely has their history, facts and information clearly wrong and doesn't know the truth.

i encourage you to. stick around. all you need is an open heart and be sincere and you can learn alot.

Matt. 16:18 "You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it"

1 Cor. 3:11, Eph. 2:20, 1 Pet. 2:5–6, Rev. 21:14

"[W]hat you have heard from me before many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also" (2 Tim. 2:2).

God bLESs!

and once again, Welcome! :D

your sister in christ,

littleflower+JMJ

Pax Christi :)

Thanks for the WELCOME! :lol:

Personally I believe Christ came here for more that just establishing the Church, he came to give us the gift of a relationship with our creator. He came to give us grace and teach righteouness and to bind the gap and void that so many had.

I am not sure if you have a different definition of Church, but I don't belive Christ camen just to give us a place to go and worship (other verses do refer to that, but ultimately alot them for the specific people at the time). In Acts 2 they meeted at each other houses to have church, so wholyy if your foundation is Christ God's spirit will live there.

Edited by Trooper4DaHolyG

Ok first of all your telling me to refer to Christian Writings, over the world of God. Well hello my friend is that not Man-Made?
You don't seem to realize that the Church came WAAAAAAYYYYYY before the Bible. The Bible didn't come before the Church. The fact that these writings aren't the Bible means nothing; they show what the early Church believed and did. And I was NOT telling you to refer to anything above God's Word. However, God's Word isn't just contained in the Bible; it's also contained in Sacred Tradition. That's right; SACRED TRADITION. I'm not talking about man-made traditions. Where in the Bible does it say that everything a Christian believes has to be spelled out in the Bible? It doesn't say that! Besides, Christians didn't even have the Bible in the first few centuries of Christianity, and even if they did, most couldn't read. How would they learn about God, then?

How does that verse show me that Peter was the pope? You refered to something totally different...

First you tell me what you think it means.

Jesus's teachings do not directly refer to the Catholic Church you are using verses to your own prevailment of your beliefs.
Yes they DO refer to the Catholic Church. It took some time for the Church to get that name, but just because it's not mentioned in the Bible doesn't mean anything. The word Trinity isn't in the Bible either, but you don't disbelieve in the Trinity because of that, now do you? The Catholic Church was the ONLY Church for centuries! It wasn't until a few hundred years ago that Martin Luther broke from the Catholic Church and started his own church. So who is more trustworthy, Jesus' Church or a man-made church?

As for using verses for the prevailment of my beliefs, no, buddy, that's what Protestants do. That's what Martin Luther did; using just the Bible he twisted its words to his own destruction. And that's what Protestants have continued to do to this day. Look at all the denominations out there -- they all believe in "Bible alone," but no two agree on what it means. Who's right? That's why an infallible interpreter of the Bible is necessary. Jesus endowed His Church with that when He said, "Whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven" and again when He said to his disciples (and also to their successors -- the popes and bishops of the Catholic Church), "He who hears you, hears Me. He who rejects you, rejects Me." I could cite more passages if you want.

I can tell you to refer to other Christian Writings to show why my church is the true church, but hey you wouldn't like that. Just like I don't like you telling me to refer to written facts and Christian Writings. Refer me to God's WORD!

You won't find any early Christian writings that show your Church is the true church. And as for your latter statements, I discussed them earlier in this post.

If a newspaper told you FACT: THERE WILL BE A WAR TOMMOROW will you believe it because it is written and stated as a fact?

That's comparing apples and oranges. There's a huge difference between a newspaper making outrageous claims and the Church teaching the Truth -- which is found in Scripture and Sacred Tradition and transmitted to us via the Magisterium, or teaching authority, that Jesus gave His Church.

trooper...

Stay off this thread unless you are going to take the challenge in post 1.

I'm going to start a thread, just for you.

God Bless,

ironmonk

Show me Catholic in the Bible and maybe you'll see my view point change.

So by your "special" logical reasoning, where's Protestant in the Bible?

Where are the words Bible alone?

Where is a screaming preacher upon a pulpit, waving his arms in the air, and raving about his amesome tape series selling for $19.99?

Since they are not in the Bible, I guess these are all evil or not-of-God.

Well hey...that is true.

troop - see my post addressed to you

Getting this thread back on track... as always, there's a bunch of arm waving by people and in over 2 years only one has actually attempted this challenge (and it wasn't mustbenothing).

Post 1:

Interpretation arguments go round and round. When a Catholic says something about the bible, the anti-Catholic will say "no, you're wrong, that's not what it means"... and the anti-Catholic has no basis for his personal interpretation. (it would have to smell of elderberries to be anti-Catholic, always wondering about bible meanings... and if they think it doesn't smell of elderberries, then I guess ignorance is bliss)

The most ANYONE (anti-Catholic and non-Catholic) can say truthfully is that "we have a different interpretation from the Catholics". Then when they get into historical facts, they can't say a thing against the Church. It's a fact that the Catholic Church has been teaching the same faith and morals for 2000 years.

What all anti-Catholics fear....

1. Prove the the Catholic Church teaching is wrong with the Bible, by posting links to the parts of the Catechism and quoting verses in the bible...here is the link to the Catechism

http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/entiretoc1.htm

2. For you to find writings from the First Christians, before 600 AD to show that the Catholic Church was not the Church that Christ built.

The whole basis of anti-Catholicism is all lies. Quotes taken out of context, and some totally fabricated.

God Bless, Love in Christ & Mary,

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

rotfl:lol:

If you have no catholics you would have no christianity or New Testament.

T

Personally I believe Christ came here for more that just establishing the Church, he came to give us the gift of a relationship with our creator.

THe possibility of God having a relationship with man began with Adam and Eve who were made in the image and likeness of God.

Notice how you said MY Christianity.

Does that mean, that anyone can make up their own form of Christianity?

This is one of the reasons why I left Protestantism. Too many freakin people tend to pick and choose what they want, interpret certain passages the way they want, and all come to different conclusions and walla...you got division.