An Old School Catholic Message Board

Anti-catholics Fear This

ironmonk

This, I have got to see. I have yet to see a Protestant convincingly refute the Catechism.

It will never happen. It can't be done. ;)

Pax Christi. <><

So, you're a bona fide "preacher?"

What is hols?

I feel like replying for FreakyChik.

She preaches sometimes, as do I, but we are what you would call "Lay-preachers", I think.

'hols' is short for holidays...ie vacation? Not going away anywhere usually, just the holiday break from school/uni.

This, I have got to see. I have yet to see a Protestant convincingly refute the Catechism.

Honestly, I don't think I will be able to. Why? Because I know that no matter what I do find or say, you guys will disregard it. And that's fine, each to their own. :)

Anyways I'm not really seeking to "proove" the Catholic church as wrong... I'm just doing this as some fun and for myself to learn new things. tehe

:lol:

Honestly, I don't think I will be able to. Why? Because I know that no matter what I do find or say, you guys will disregard it. And that's fine, each to their own. :)

Anyways I'm not really seeking to "proove" the Catholic church as wrong... I'm just doing this as some fun and for myself to learn new things. tehe

:lol:

No, a refutation is where you prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that something is wrong. If something is convincingly refuted, with no holes and there is no way to argue ones way out of it...well then one is dead in the water!!

There can be online One Truth.... There can be only One Faith built by Christ... currently there are over 34,000 and growing faiths that claim to hold the truth.

So, how do we know which is true?

We must use critical thinking, and deductive reasoning. We must look at the facts, because God is real... if people do not believe in God, that does not make Him any less real.

We must look at history (from a reliable source), the Bible, and the Early Church Father's writings (aka the first Christians).

We must look at why do we believe the bible to be the Word of God? - it's not because we feel it, because the mormons claim the book of mormon is inspired, but we know it's not. Which men have protected Scripture for 2000 years? Which men could where given authority by God and guided by the Holy Spirit to determine the books of the New Testament?

Everything must have an answer, and nothing must contradict in Scripture... if something contradicts, then it's not the Scripture contradicting itself, it's man's interpretation of Scripture contradicting itself.

Also we must remember... The letters that were written to the Churches were written to the Bishops and Priests of those Churches, not to everybody that was in the Church. As we see that many of them are addressed as Father's in Christ. The Church needs Shepards to tend the flock. As we see Jesus telling Peter "Tend my Sheep". We know that the Church built by Christ is the Church guided by the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth... we know that it cannot be all Christians because some will cry "Lord, Lord" and Christ will reject them. We know that people will pervert the Truth to draw away true disciples to their own destruction (Acts 20:30)....

These are things that we must take into account.

If any church does not claim, or cannot be shown that it has been around for 2000 years for all men to see (St. Matt 5:13-15), then we know that church is not the Church built by Christ.

I have done the above. I was not spoon fed Catholcism... I read the bible on my own. I studied the facts on my own from unbiased resources. Before 1700 AD, no one claimed that the Catholic Church was not the first Church. Even Luther knew the Catholic Church was the first Church, but luther claimed that the Catholic Church lost it's way.

If the Catholic Church lost it's way that would make Jesus a liar. Jesus does not lie. Jesus said the Church would never be overcome by the Netherworld.

There is a reason why those of this world persecute the Catholic Church.

Why do you think that everyone that persecutes the Catholic Church contradicts another that persecutes the Church? One anti-Catholic says the Church lost it's way and another anti-Catholic says that the Church started in 505 AD.

Another example, here are the dates that I have seen the anti-Catholics state that the Church started in: 33 AD, 305 AD, 365 AD, 505 AD.... They can't get their "Facts" straight.... if they can't get their facts straight, what does that tell you... They all tell some kind of lie.

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

Spiritual_Arsonist

I hope I am not jumping into this topic. But may I give a few remarks?

I see where protestants come from when they mock and despise the Catholic Church's integrity of knowledge. Can we get very "academic" and "intellectual". Yes

But it seems the answer to all Protestants ramblings is "you are lacking the spirit, the heart and soul." This is only one side of the belief in God.

FAITH and REASON are the two wings we must rely on. With only faith, we become supstitous and pretty dry. With only Reson, belief becomes philosophical hogwosh. The 2 go hand in hand. Just like Sodium and Chlorine, both can kill, but when the two combine, they from a compound necessary for life.

Is it wise for protestants to ignore that their ecclesial communites are not in full communion with Jesus Christ? Yes, the Holy Spirit is active in them, but they are missing the gifts of God. Even rejecting them.