An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic High Schools

catholicinsd

:P: bet ten bucks hes mad that his team lost to a catholic school...you know, those rich kids...the school probably does its own recruiting too, huh?

but it doesnt. except for jesuit schools. but yeah, we don't recruit at all. actually last year we won the 5A state soccer championship (when dont we :)) and we beat a team from Liberal, KS....then their paper promptly published two stories about how we were the 'best team money can buy...and that goes for the refs too'.....:) i found it funny, but ungracious. they should jsut accept the loss....we do no recruiting and give no scholarships for coming here for sports. only need based and academic, and only freshman year. but yeah, just take it like a man.

Hmmm! In that case one really does just have to smell of elderberries it up! Here in Cleveland the Catholic schools are always beating up the pubbie teams and taking away their lunch money. C'est la vie.

Edited by Maggie

Catholic schools in England and many other countries are just as 'real' as regular public schools. I don't understand your logic when you say they are not.

Catholic schools in England and many other countries are just as 'real' as regular public schools. I don't understand your logic when you say they are not.

I don't see how a Catholic high school, other than curriculum wise and trying to teach morals, is really different then a public high school when it comes to extra curricular activities. My best friend goes to a Catholic high school,she's the captain of the basketball team, one of the best players in the region, and her team is one of the best. They did not recruit her or anything, she goes to that school. I just don't see how a Catholic school sports-wise is different than a public school.

[quote name='aalpha1989' post='1205683' date='Feb 28 2007, 12:17 AM']:P: bet ten bucks hes mad that his team lost to a catholic school...you know[/quote]

Yeah, that's it. And the Catholic school does recruit, and gives the refs indulgences.

Groo the Wanderer

I fluffy air extraction in your general direction!

The diff in Catholic schools vs public schools is that the instructors actually give a darn. They also tend to promote excellence in everything, including sports.

quit yer whining.... :froggy:

[quote]And don't forget, they pay off the refs.[/quote]

Right, the Christians schools are paying people off to win a [b] high school football game![/b]

Listen to how adolecent your claims are...Then be sure to take a breath and think before your next accusation.