An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic High Schools

catholicinsd

what exactly happened? The better team is usually the one with more points on the board. :D:

its possible that the refs could have given into some favoritism though, but you cant lose if you score more points.

I'd probably go postal if I played basketball. I'm so bad, I'd prolly just hurl the ball into the crowd and run off screaming.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1205795' date='Feb 28 2007, 12:55 PM']Yes. As they are private, they can do things, [b]such as use streroids[/b], and practice more than public are allowed.[/quote]

:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Refs aren't perfect... they get paid to do their jobs and that is it. In soccer, I have had more than my fair share of bad calls. This is in both the recreational and high school sport. Sometimes refs make calls because they see things from a different angle than we can see.
I do know that the Catholic high school out by me has a high rate of drug use (recreational drugs) but the school itself is based on hard work and they even got to some sort of championships recently and lost. Some school do well in sports and some just stink. I've seen it in public schools too. It really can depend on the area.
I would not make such a big stink about this until you talk with some people 'up there' about this.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but grow up! It's only basketball. There are so many REAL injustices in this world. Maybe you should be thinking more about them.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1205744' date='Feb 28 2007, 08:12 AM']Yeah, that's it. And the Catholic school does recruit, and gives the refs indulgences.[/quote]

And I'm sure this like the failed abortion ban in South Dakota is our fault here at Phatmass

[quote name='Noel' post='1205848' date='Feb 28 2007, 03:55 PM']I don't mean to sound harsh, but grow up! It's only basketball. There are so many REAL injustices in this world. Maybe you should be thinking more about them.[/quote]

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1205857' date='Feb 28 2007, 04:13 PM']And I'm sure this like the failed abortion ban in South Dakota is our fault here at Phatmass[/quote]

To be fair, I think Cinsd obviously spends a lot of time worrying about real injustices, like the failure of the abortion ban. And I don't think he's tried to blame anybody but the supposedly bought-and-sold refs for his team's loss. I think he's just in a bad mood and is saying ridiculous things. Maybe ranting would go better on the Lame Board, eh...

[quote name='Noel' post='1205848' date='Feb 28 2007, 02:55 PM']There are so many REAL injustices in this world.[/quote]

And that school teaching its students to cheat is one of them.

Edited by catholicinsd

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1205879' date='Feb 28 2007, 05:05 PM']And that school teaching its students to teach is one of them.[/quote]

You're against schools preparing new teachers? :disguise:

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1205879' date='Feb 28 2007, 05:05 PM']And that school teaching its students to cheat is one of them.[/quote]

Cinsd, I think it would be better to not keep suggesting that the other team cheated on a public forum. Maybe you can talk to your principal or another authority about your concerns.

So now the ref and the players are cheats? This really is not an appropriate place to let you opinions be known on the matter. Take it up with the authorities, if you have a case. It's easy to talk ill of someone when they are not present to defend themselves. If this is based solely on the fact that you lost and are looking for someone to blame, I suggest you take time to calm down before taking any action.

Edited by Noel's angel

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1205744' date='Feb 28 2007, 08:12 AM']Yeah, that's it. And the Catholic school does recruit, and gives the refs indulgences.[/quote]

I really really doubt the school recruits. everyone here thinks we do but thats cause we ALWAYS WIN! tee hee, just kidding. but seriously, they do think we recruit...and we dont. our soccer teams are pretty offended by anyone that claims we do...i would talk to someone on their team and ask if they are paid to play there. chances are they aren't. and if they are they wouldnt be allowed to play in state tournaments or leagues. public school rules apply to private schools when private schools enter public school domains. make sense? and i really don't believe that they pay the refs...

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1205820' date='Feb 28 2007, 12:55 PM']We played better, only lost by one. But the refs handed the game to the other team.[/quote]

there are always bad calls in every game. i bet people at the other school say "boy those refs almost handed the game to the other team". if there are bad refs, they almost always make just as bad calls on both ends of the court. sounds like it was just a close game with lots of emotion and losing those ones is tough. maybe just say 'we'll get 'em next time' and go shoot hoops? but dont bash the other team...thats not good form. no one wants to play sore losers.

When I played travel soccer in seventh grade, we had bad refs from time to time. That doesn't make a Catholic school team cheaters, it means the refs made a bad call. That happens. Doesn't make the whole team a bunch of cheaters and certainly does not call for the prohibition of Catholic schools from playing against public schools.

Btw, you don't have to be in a Catholic school to use drugs or steroids. I know plenty of kids who use them and we're all in public school.