An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic High Schools

catholicinsd

[quote name='XIX' post='1205791' date='Feb 28 2007, 11:52 AM']CinSD...

are you being serious?[/quote]

Yes. As they are private, they can do things, such as use streroids, and practice more than public are allowed.

[quote]It was a basketball game, in fact two.[/quote]

Regardless of what kind of bloody sport it is, not making any sense. First, You have no proof for your outrageous claims of bribery, steriods, and as such. Secound, I have known more public school sportsmen that have expirimented with steriods, and drugs more than anyone at Catholic Centeral did.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1205795' date='Feb 28 2007, 12:55 PM']Yes. As they are private, they can do things, such as use streroids, and practice more than public are allowed.[/quote]

Actually, that is not true either, if the schools are eligible to compete in the state championships and tournies then they would also be governed my the same rules that govern all the high school interscholastic sports in your state. Hate to disappoint you.

Personally, I think that Catholic schools have a distinct advantage in sports because they are able to address the spiritual aspects of sports.

Until about 1980 Catholic schools weren't allowed to compete in activities with public schools in South Dakota. We should go back to that.

Honestly, with all do respect you sound like a sore loser with a major temper tantrum. Just because you lost a basketball games doesn't mean that all Catholic schools should be kept from enjoying the beauty of sports.

Can't fault the player thats better than his opponent, authentically, of course.

Edited by GloriaIesusChristi

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1205820' date='Feb 28 2007, 01:55 PM']We played better, only lost by one. But the refs handed the game to the other team.[/quote]

Well, sometimes that happens in sports. Referees are human and make mistakes. It doesn't mean there was any bribery involved. Hopefully your team will have better luck next time! And remember, it's just a game... that's the mature perspective, anyway...

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1205827' date='Feb 28 2007, 02:08 PM']A mistake happens one time, not throughout the entire game.[/quote]

I don't know, maybe the ref can't see properly... offer to buy him some glasses and see how he reacts... :whistle:

Seriously, I highly doubt there was any conspiracy. It could be the refs were just having a bad day. Everybody does from time to time. Hopefully the next big game y'all play, the calls will go your way.

Making the accusation of paying of refs is a very serious thing, even more if you are making it about a Catholic School. Certain this is a cause for grave scandal. I would not treat it so lightly by messing around on a internet forum.

[quote name='Maggie' post='1205828' date='Feb 28 2007, 01:15 PM']It could be the refs were just having a bad day. Everybody does from time to time.[/quote]

Aren't they supposed be impratial?

[quote name='Maggie' post='1205828' date='Feb 28 2007, 01:15 PM']It could be the refs were just having a bad day. Everybody does from time to time.[/quote]

Yes, but impartiality doesn't mean one doesn't make mistakes. It means one doesn't do it on purpose.

Theoketos is right, you could be in dangerous territory. If you are serious about all of this, you could be straying into calumny territory, which is a sin. If you are just doing the "we shoulda won, it's all a scam" testosterone guy thing, then it's not a big deal ;)