An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Can't Believe The Things I Am Reading

FullTruth

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1210943' date='Mar 9 2007, 12:56 PM']Those like you and Uribe and Budge come here to cause discord. That's okay. We want you around. But don't twist reality.[/quote]

To be honest, I don't mean to cause discord on Phatmass, although you and others here may think otherwise. I was a former Catholic like I've mentioned previously, and just realized that there are some issues regarding the Catholic faith that are a bit disturbing.
I joined this site with good intentions and not to cause strife. I'm sorry to anyone here that I've offended in any way. I don't remember offending any of you specifically, but if I did, please forgive me.

I try to post issues that deserve attention. Last night I posted various articles regarding previous popes and their alleged involvement with freemasonry. I then got warned twice for doing so. I don't think I deserved to have my posts edited out, but then again I'm not a moderator and I know many here dislike my posts anyway.

It doesn't hurt to at least check the stuff we post on here. I know many of you do take the time to watch some of the videos and that's really cool.
Plus, there are some here who have taught me stuff too, so for that I'm greatly appreciative. I do care about all of you despite never meeting you. We're all Christians here who love Jesus with all of our hearts. I only wanted to teach you guys some stuff that I had learned. I didn't do it with bad intentions.

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1210984' date='Mar 9 2007, 04:52 PM'], and just realized that there are some issues regarding the Catholic faith that are a bit disturbing.[/quote]

No offense sir, but besides the conspricy theory things that everyone is going to blow off. What exactly did you find disturbing?

Truth about religion is objective, not subjective.

It does matter what we believe. Jesus did not die on the cross so that so many people can believe different things (or pick and choose what they want to believe) about the vital things he enstilled in his Church.

Ask the questions about something on the faith. Or state something you believe. Don't be offended when we hold authoritive documents from the Church to back up what we believe. Emotions come and go and our faith isn't ruled by emotions.

I think the debate table is great. It's when links to anti-Catholic propaganda, or blantantly false, or even blasphemous things that are stated as "fact". Especially if it only takes a quick google to check the correctness of such claims. If you don't want it edited, make sure it's not some bogus claim one anti-Catholic website states.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Urib2007' post='1210984' date='Mar 9 2007, 05:52 PM']To be honest, I don't mean to cause discord on Phatmass, although you and others here may think otherwise. I was a former Catholic like I've mentioned previously, and just realized that there are some issues regarding the Catholic faith that are a bit disturbing.
I joined this site with good intentions and not to cause strife. I'm sorry to anyone here that I've offended in any way. I don't remember offending any of you specifically, but if I did, please forgive me.

I try to post issues that deserve attention. Last night I posted various articles regarding previous popes and their alleged involvement with freemasonry. I then got warned twice for doing so. I don't think I deserved to have my posts edited out, but then again I'm not a moderator and I know many here dislike my posts anyway.

It doesn't hurt to at least check the stuff we post on here. I know many of you do take the time to watch some of the videos and that's really cool.
Plus, there are some here who have taught me stuff too, so for that I'm greatly appreciative. I do care about all of you despite never meeting you. We're all Christians here who love Jesus with all of our hearts. I only wanted to teach you guys some stuff that I had learned. I didn't do it with bad intentions.[/quote]

Posting attacks on the Catholic Church is not the way to win friends and influence people. We have heard and refuted every single one out there and probably could name some you haven't found. We don't edit posts because we don't like someone.
We edit posts that are blatently disrepectful to the Church or clergy. You wouldn't appreciate it if someone came in your house and insulted your family. . And please, if you are an "ex-Catholic" don't come and pretend to tell us what the Church believes. 99.9% of the time, what you think you know about church teaching or why something is taught is either not church teaching or just wrong.
We do care about you as well, and we are more than happy to discuss our beliefs with FRIENDS, than to respond to trolling attacks.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1211001' date='Mar 9 2007, 04:28 PM']No offense sir, but besides the conspricy theory things that everyone is going to blow off. What exactly did you find disturbing?[/quote]

it was worth stating again!

Let's start a new thread.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1210943' date='Mar 9 2007, 03:56 PM']Full Truth,

Do you really have the full truth. Your name implies that you are infallible?

I see on another thread you oppose all the Catholics on that thread. So apparently your using this arguement of yours that we are all fighting to silence those who oppose you. Nice tactic. Won't work on this board. The Catholics pretty much agree on this board. Those like you and Uribe and Budge come here to cause discord. That's okay. We want you around. But don't twist reality.[/quote]
That's why I want to change it. It's not every day when you find out the modern day father of the pentecostal movement was a freemason. I would almost become a catholic because I know there is freemasonry ties with all religions of the world, but there is the paganism of Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and other 'holy'days that I don't want to touch.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1211092' date='Mar 9 2007, 10:46 PM']That's why I want to change it. It's not every day when you find out the modern day father of the pentecostal movement was a freemason. I would almost become a catholic because I know there is freemasonry ties with all religions of the world, but there is the paganism of Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and other 'holy'days that I don't want to touch.[/quote]
Celebrating events in the Life of Christ is NOT pagan.
Halloween btw, is not a holy day. Its the eve of celebrating all the saints in heaven.
Even Jesus went to parties. :)

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1211099' date='Mar 9 2007, 11:09 PM']Celebrating events in the Life of Christ is NOT pagan.
Halloween btw, is not a holy day. Its the eve of celebrating all the saints in heaven.
Even Jesus went to parties. :)[/quote]
I agree there should be celebrations, like Pass over, and many other Judiacic festivals which we can follow. We can be at least certain that those holy days were instituted by God to celebrate his grace and his bounty.

- Off topic -
Cmom, that avatar (as of March 9, 10:30 Eastern) is the one I was talking about earlier in the whole budge thread thing. I like it and I think it should stay :)
/tangent

FullTruth (or GodChaser if I may), I think we should lay all of our cards on the table here in this forum. I believe we can sort things out. What do you find 'sketchy' about Catholicism? That goes for all of those who are skeptical about the Church in some way. We want to know for everyone's sake.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1211111' date='Mar 9 2007, 11:26 PM']I agree there should be celebrations, like Pass over, and many other Judiacic festivals which we can follow. We can be at least certain that those holy days were instituted by God to celebrate his grace and his bounty.[/quote]
That would be fine if we were Jews, but as St Paul said we are not bound by the Old Covanent, we celebrate Christ.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1211115' date='Mar 9 2007, 11:36 PM']That would be fine if we were Jews, but as St Paul said we are not bound by the Old Covanent, we celebrate Christ.[/quote]
Here's the $64,000 question, why can't I celebrate the Christ through the pass over, since he is the ultimate pass over, because the blood of the lamb now covers me from the destroyer?

Edited by FullTruth

The passover and also the todah developed into the Eucharist. You are celebrating a holiday that has evolved and grown into something more and in the fullness of its intention

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1211185' date='Mar 10 2007, 12:21 AM']The passover and also the todah developed into the Eucharist. You are celebrating a holiday that has evolved and grown into something more and in the fullness of its intention[/quote]
:yes:

Hebrews addresses this change, how God replaced the old covenant with the new, and how the old became obsolete once it was fulfilled in Christ. The old celebrations contained symbology pointing forward to the coming of Christ. Now, we celebrate his arrival, his life, and we anticipate his return.