An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Can't Believe The Things I Am Reading

FullTruth

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1211126' date='Mar 9 2007, 11:45 PM']Here's the $64,000 question, why can't I celebrate the Christ through the pass over, since he is the ultimate pass over, because the blood of the lamb now covers me from the destroyer?[/quote]
But you can, every Sunday or every daily Mass you attend, you can recieve the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ at Communion, just as HE promised in John 6.

thessalonian

[quote name='FullTruth' post='1211126' date='Mar 9 2007, 10:45 PM']Here's the $64,000 question, why can't I celebrate the Christ through the pass over, since he is the ultimate pass over, because the blood of the lamb now covers me from the destroyer?[/quote]

When the veil in the temple was torn at Jesus death, the Jewish passover died. There was no longer sacrifice and forgiveness of sin tied to it. There was the changing of the gaurd that Jesus spoke of in the parable in yesterdays readings about the steward of the vineyard, who the tenants beat and killed. Then he sent his don and they killed him and Jesus said when the owner of the vineyard came he was going to take away the vineyard from those wicked servants and give it over to a new group who would tend it. The scribes and pharasees, the Jewish leadership took this as directly against them and it was. When Jesus arose from the dead he gave his apostles the power to forgive sins and he gave the Eucharist. The new pascal sacrifice. That is why we do not celebrate the passover. It is over. The Eucharist is the passover and you can celebrate it daily in the Catholic Church if you like.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1211559' date='Mar 10 2007, 08:38 PM']When the veil in the temple was torn at Jesus death, the Jewish passover died. There was no longer sacrifice and forgiveness of sin tied to it. There was the changing of the gaurd that Jesus spoke of in the parable in yesterdays readings about the steward of the vineyard, who the tenants beat and killed. Then he sent his don and they killed him and Jesus said when the owner of the vineyard came he was going to take away the vineyard from those wicked servants and give it over to a new group who would tend it. The scribes and pharasees, the Jewish leadership took this as directly against them and it was. When Jesus arose from the dead he gave his apostles the power to forgive sins and he gave the Eucharist. The new pascal sacrifice. That is why we do not celebrate the passover. It is over. The Eucharist is the passover and you can celebrate it daily in the Catholic Church if you like.[/quote]

Wow! You explained that very well! great job!

[quote]There are real enemies to humanity who want us all to be fractured from each other, so they can continue their plans and rule over humanity. We are all falling into their trap.[/quote]

Im going to be *fractured* and follow what Jesus taught in the Bible.

[b]Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? [u]I tell you, Nay; but rather division:[/u][/b]

Edited by Budge

[quote name='Budge' post='1213275' date='Mar 13 2007, 09:43 PM']Im going to be *fractured* and follow what Jesus taught in the Bible.
[b]Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? [u]I tell you, Nay; but rather division:[/u][/b][/quote]

Don't take that out of context! He was talking about families and communities that would be broken because of believes springing up amongst pagans and unbelieving Jews. I do not think Jesus meant "spit in my Apostles' successors' faces and disobey them". He mean that people would struggle with the ones they love. Like my position... where I am the only Catholic in my family and the others either don't care or worship according to a false prophet. My brother is coming around though...

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1213280' date='Mar 13 2007, 10:50 PM']Don't take that out of context! He was talking about families and communities that would be broken because of believes springing up amongst pagans and unbelieving Jews. I do not think Jesus meant "spit in my Apostles' successors' faces and disobey them". He mean that people would struggle with the ones they love. Like my position... where I am the only Catholic in my family and the others either don't care or worship according to a false prophet. My brother is coming around though...[/quote]
Don't listen to Budge.

I'm tired of him/her/it.

He/her/it is oh so haughty and arrogant. Defintely a Pharissee during Jesus' Time.

He/her/it is someone I would say who has a religious demon attached to them. He/her/it doesn't know the simplicity of Christ. He/her/it actaully denies the pleasure of the fellowship of all believers. I could go into any church, praise and worship God there without a sweat and fellowship because I know they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. That is why I am so non-denominational. I don't want a single organization, I want no organization.

Well, I guess you could be a ranger if you chose. No one is stopping you. Just remember to stop by a Catholic and Orthodox church for a while. Find a nice traditional mass. There is much mystery and maybe some elements of simplicity and complexity. Just do not fail to see the beauty... okay a bit off topic... I am getting sick of this Budge character's way of arguing myself.

Edited by Sacred Music Man

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1213323' date='Mar 13 2007, 11:30 PM']Well, I guess you could be a ranger if you chose. No one is stopping you. Just remember to stop by a Catholic and Orthodox church for a while. Find a nice traditional mass. There is much mystery and maybe some elements of simplicity and complexity. Just do not fail to see the beauty... okay a bit off topic... I am getting sick of this Budge character's way of arguing myself.[/quote]
I'm actually thinking of doing that soon. I want to go to every single church in my city, just to see the worship, and to fellowship with people there.

catholicinsd

I would journey to say that most of us here, myself at times included, either have forgetten what the literal defination of 'Catholic' is, or simply choose not to follow it.

What I wrote:

[quote]Im going to be *fractured* and follow what Jesus taught in the Bible.
Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:[/quote][quote]

Don't listen to Budge.

I'm tired of him/her/it.

He/her/it is oh so haughty and arrogant. Defintely a Pharissee during Jesus' Time.

He/her/it is someone I would say who has a religious demon attached to them. He/her/it doesn't know the simplicity of Christ. He/her/it actaully denies the pleasure of the fellowship of all believers. .[/quote]

This is not about listening to me.

Listen to Jesus and what He taught.

False religious unity is the message of the world not of Jesus Christ.
[quote]
I could go into [u]any [/u]church, praise and worship God there without a sweat and fellowship because I know they are my brothers and sisters in Christ. That is why I am so non-denominational. I don't want a single organization, I want no organization[/quote]

Even Jehovah Witnesses who deny the divinity of Christ?

Even Mormons who believe that Lucifer is a spirit brother of Jesus and that they will be gods of their own planets one day?

Even UUs?

I am not united to everyone that calls themselves a Christian. I am united to those who have truly been born again in Jesus Christ.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1213435' date='Mar 14 2007, 10:19 AM']What I wrote:
This is not about listening to me.

Listen to Jesus and what He taught.

False religious unity is the message of the world not of Jesus Christ.
Even Jehovah Witnesses who deny the divinity of Christ?

Even Mormons who believe that Lucifer is a spirit brother of Jesus and that they will be gods of their own planets one day?

Even UUs?

I am not united to everyone that calls themselves a Christian. I am united to those who have truly been born again in Jesus Christ.

1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.[/quote]

Going and observing is not the same as "uniting". You have no clue to who is or who is not actually united to Christ.
There is no outward sign.

[quote]Going and observing is not the same as "uniting".[/quote]

The Catholic Church loves to use that "observer" status "out" dont they?

This way they can cover things up for the few Catholics who realize the UN is corrupt to the core.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Budge' post='1213477' date='Mar 14 2007, 11:18 AM']The Catholic Church loves to use that "observer" status "out" dont they?

This way they can cover things up for the few Catholics who realize the UN is corrupt to the core.[/quote]
Yep the UN is corrupt, but it would be worse if we were not there to remind them of their obligations and responsibilities. But of course your idea is to stick your head in the sand and scream the sky is falling. So much for doing good christian outreach. Jesus came for the sick, not pharisees who hide from following Christ.

why advance an evil and corrupt world organization that is setting up the antichrists kingdom?

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=57805"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=57805[/url]

[quote]"the U.N. can always count on the Holy See to be not only an attentive permanent observer, but also a traveling companion.."

"Fellow Traveller" with the ONE WORLD GOVT organization working hard to be the Universal end times Revelation 17 church, united with the globalists and one world government, which is warned of in Revelation.

Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.[/quote]