uruviel Posted April 3, 2007 Posted April 3, 2007 [quote name='Violet' post='1224648' date='Mar 31 2007, 10:20 PM']You guys are mean to Sunjaya.[/quote] yep. I am mean to him. He's not good enough to be on that show. [quote name='iggyjoan' post='1226528' date='Apr 1 2007, 09:35 PM']who else thinks haley needs to go?!?!? AGH cant stand her...[/quote] oo. she makes me mad. lol I get way too into this show.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted April 3, 2007 Posted April 3, 2007 I can't stand to watch all of the auditions... I'm embarassed for the people who are absolutely ghastly singers and think they can actually make it. I have a better chance than at least half of the people whose auditions they show on there.
iggyjoan Posted April 5, 2007 Posted April 5, 2007 OK who saw it last night? Who thinks Gina should have stayed?!?!? ME!!!!! I DO! I DO!!!!!!!!! AGH i can't stand haley!!!!! she needs to go!!!!!!!! ...at least sanjaya has cool hair. i mean come on....
Andrea348 Posted April 9, 2007 Posted April 9, 2007 I loved Gina. She should not have gone yet. Her and Melinda are/were my favs. As much as I think Sanjaya is a terrible singer and should not get close to winning, I'd like to see him stick around for just a few more weeks because I always look forward to watching his performance...and seeing his latest hair-do. The ponyhawk was great.
Ash Wednesday Posted April 9, 2007 Posted April 9, 2007 (edited) I'm a Fanjaya. I'm all about Sanjaya. Don't let anyone kid you -- American idol is not about "singing talent." It's about entertainment. Votefortheworst.com actually has an interesting section about the truth about the auditioning process for Idol. Auditions take place over a period of days, not just some quick process they would like you to believe. They also do some very clever editing to distort reality, and not everyone gets to see Simon, Randy and Paula. A lot of really great singers don't even make it past the first round of screening. They do let some good ones in, but they purposely let bad or kooky performers advance to sing for the judges to add entertainment value of the show. I hope Sanjaya wins so the whole process this show has comes back to bite them in the butt. Here's a video of a girl that auditioned, and her experience. It's very interesting. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gvt1QkCoes"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gvt1QkCoes[/url] P.S. I don't think Sanjaya is a bad singer at all. I think he would fare better with lighter instrumentation or acoustic -- which is why he did well at earlier auditions -- and he should work on projection more. But the way people say he's a "bad" singer is just ridiculous. He's only 17 and people should stop tearing him apart. I think he's handling all of this quite well -- most people could never hack being on a big stage in front of an international audience so I give him kudos for that. If it weren't for Sanjaya, Idol's ratings would be suffering this year, because every year Idol has the same boring crapola every year and it was getting tiresome. And you know HE's the one that people are going to be seeing on the Idol tour, because he, like many successful pop stars, may not be known for their singing ability -- but he is entertaining. Edited April 9, 2007 by Ash Wednesday
uruviel Posted April 9, 2007 Posted April 9, 2007 AI began as a talent show. It's a singing competition as simon always says. It aparently has become just entertainment for the people who watch it now, which is unfair for the people who CAN sing because they don't get that contract, that career that they deserve. Taylor Hicks isn't what I would call an American Idol. I still think Chris Daughtry should have won. But that's beside the point. Likeing someone for their hair is no reason to keep them on the show if this is still AI.
uruviel Posted April 9, 2007 Posted April 9, 2007 and as for being 17, I mean for Sanjaya, that's no excuse with Jordin in the competition. She is amazing. And if Sanjaya can't sing with loud instruments without being drowned out then he doesn't have enough voice, he doesn't deserve the title, so you could say. I vote Jordin.
Ash Wednesday Posted April 10, 2007 Posted April 10, 2007 A lot of people that can sing don't get the contracts they "deserve." Is Britney Spears a good singer? Does she "deserve" to sell multi-platinum? I don't think so, but taste is subjective -- that's just the way the music business works. A lot of great singers, probably some that sing better than Jordin, don't even make it past screeners on Idol -- so if this is a singing and talent competition then why do producers ignore really great singers only to allow the infamous Keith or William Hung to make it past preliminary screeners to the judges? In light of the weirdos they allow to audition, what kind of "talent" do they have that made them get as far as they did? At the end of the day, the voting majority decides what this show is about when they eliminate a contestant and crown another. Even Cowell would acknowledge that.
homeschoolmom Posted April 10, 2007 Posted April 10, 2007 It's a tv show... As with all tv shows, it must sell soap. Or in this case Fords. Without the sponsors, there are no shows.
Ash Wednesday Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 Of all the Idols that could win without sending people into apoplectic fits (i.e. Sanjaya) -- I hope that Blake wins. I saw him tonight and was like, "Oh my! Isn't he one talented cutie." Well that and he's Seattle local, too. But who the fetch is voting for Haley? She smells of elderberries!
Jaime Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 While Haley doesn't have the chops to win the whole thing, she really does have stage charisma. She's relying a bit too heavily on the sexy factor in my opinion. But she knows how to engage the crowd and viewers. Personally I hope she shows up in a burqua tonight. Nobody really blew me away last night. It was a great genre of music and I don't think any of them really took advantage.
Andrea348 Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 i wanted Sanjaya to sing Ricky Martin so bad last night...that would have been great as much as I hate to admit it, he didn't smell of elderberries last night. he can sing soft, mellow songs, but he bombs anything that takes a strong voice.
CrossCuT Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 [size=1]She annoys me. False humility. I like Blake and Malinda. I want BOTH of them to win!! [/size]
dUSt Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 [quote]She annoys me. False humility.[/quote] Why do you say that? She seems to be sincere in light of some of her interview answers: [b]What are your personal goals in life?[/b] Career in music and live my life fully through God. [b]Do you have any rituals or things you do each time before you perform?[/b] Pray to God and spray my throat with Entertainer's Secret. [b]If you win, who will you thank first?[/b] God, of course.
CrossCuT Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 [size=1]I would have NEVER guess that....not in a million years....ever....never..... [/size]
dUSt Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1238630' date='Apr 11 2007, 10:10 AM'][size=1] I like Blake and Malinda. I want BOTH of them to win!! [/size][/quote] Sorry. Blake has funny looking lips and Malinda looks like a mushroom. I know, I judge on appearance too much, but I figure if God wanted them to be American Idols he would have made them better looking.
Sojourner Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 [quote name='dUSt' post='1238639' date='Apr 11 2007, 09:14 AM']Sorry. Blake has funny looking lips and Malinda looks like a mushroom. I know, I judge on appearance too much, but I figure if God wanted them to be American Idols he would have made them better looking.[/quote] Just close your eyes. Then it won't bother you so much.
CrossCuT Posted April 11, 2007 Posted April 11, 2007 (edited) [size=1]I wonder if Haley is praying to God while her breasts are bulging out of her dress... [/size] Edited April 11, 2007 by dUSt
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now