An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phorum Performance

dUSt

How has the phorum been performing for past 24 hrs?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Birgitta Noel

[quote name='Raphael' post='1221375' date='Mar 28 2007, 06:32 PM']Thanks dUSt. :)

Maybe you can let the spiders back on at night somehow so Phatmass posts still register on google.[/quote]

No! No! Not at night! Unless it's a limited period in the truly weeeee small hours....

At night is when I have the most problems! In fact most nights I virtually give up on PM. It just always hangs up.

MissScripture

Agreed! NOT AT NIGHT! That's when I spend my most time on Phatmass! And seeing as how we have members pretty much around the world, it would be rather difficult to find a point at night that it's night everywhere.

For me it differs every time I come on. It is rather strange, I come on at 9 o'clock and it is horrible, then I come on at 2 and it is fine, then I come on at 5 and it is bad again. I dunno....

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1220926' date='Mar 27 2007, 10:47 PM']Just happened again[/quote]
yes it did

Guest T-Bone

It's getting better, but there's still the problem of the "blank page."

Plus there's the renewed problem of flood control.

:weep:

International members are on different time zones so 'nights' and 'mornings' are somewhat local. If DUST you can post say 24 hours before when the board would be 'down' for maintenance then that would help us all. Just use regular times but make sure we know which time zone.

Not really to do with the performance however I discovered today at my school that the Allegro / Rhino software blocks Phatmass.com - [url="http://www.allegrosurf.com/"]http://www.allegrosurf.com/[/url] - I have no idesa why but our school cannot access or could not until we made Phatmass an exception.

DUST you might want to ask these guys why Phatmass is on the blocked list!

I have found that a lot of proxy server services will block forum sites. My employer's corporate firewall blocks many forum related sites simoply because they are forum sites. I do tech support for an american ISP. There have been times when I have done google searches on some error message, clicked on a tech support forum, and found an "access denied" message. Annoying sometimes, because the forum post may just have answered the question for me.

Phatmass' phorum is not blocked, however. forums.catholic.com is. O well.