An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liberals Say Iraq Is Just Like Vietnam!

Lounge Daddy

KnightofChrist

Yep, bunch of old fluffy air extraction hippies trying to relive their glory days. Elected Libs are surely undermining the troops by their actions.

I want you to tell me the POSITIVE things the Iraq war has achieved.

And it wasnt Iraqis that caused 9-11.

Most Republicans I know have broken out of the Bush stupor and realized with the open borders and more that they had been HAD!

Edited by Budge

catholicinsd

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1222853' date='Mar 30 2007, 01:53 AM']And they are the ones making it so![/quote]

Were they the ones to called for this war?

Were they the ones to send the boys and girls over?

Were they the ones to didn't equip those kids properly?

Are they vetoing a bill giving our troops more money?

Are they refusing to do anything to bring them home?

I think what LD is saying is that just like Vietnam is seen somewhat as a failure, the Iraq war is already being seen as a failure although it's not even finished yet. I believe he's referring to the fact that the libs do not think this engagement will be ended victoriously but we'd never know if they pulled them out early.

dairygirl4u2c

They're making it like Vietnam is a compliment to the liberals. They are if it's the same pulling out of a war that is not winnable. The vietnamese said they were going to fight till they were all dead. I suggest you watch "fog of war". It's a really good documentary on Vietnam and all that.

The question is if this is like Vietnam. Will this war end if we stay, or won't it? It doesn't seem clear either way.
For me, I say it's not changing and doesn't appear to be anytime soon. These are terrorists in the name of God, they will never relent. I don't think it's going to change. I say keep a few special forces over there, but pull out most of them.

I assume I know all the relevant info, but I admit I may not.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1223005' date='Mar 30 2007, 12:11 PM']They're making it like Vietnam is a compliment to the liberals. They are if it's the same pulling out of a war that is not winnable. The vietnamese said they were going to fight till they were all dead. I suggest you watch "fog of war". It's a really good documentary on Vietnam and all that.

The question is if this is like Vietnam. Will this war end if we stay, or won't it? It doesn't seem clear either way.
For me, I say it's not changing and doesn't appear to be anytime soon. These are terrorists in the name of God, they will never relent. I don't think it's going to change. I say keep a few special forces over there, but pull out most of them.

I assume I know all the relevant info, but I admit I may not.[/quote]What is a win, given the current circumstances in Iraq? Saddly, it's all about politics in the US, with no regard for the Iraqi people. If we just pull out like Vietnam, what happens to the Iraqis? I personally know Vietnamese who were left behind and later escaped and know the horrors they faced. How can any American "Christian" or any 'moral person' allow that type of likely genocide happen by abandoning Iraq after we (the US) helped put them in this predicament? Isn't it obvious that extremists that wish to only oppress the Iraqi people are who are supporting the insurgents and car bombings and doing everything they can to prevent a legitimate and peaceful establishment of a representative Iraqi government? Is it okay to let that happen?

catholicinsd

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1223026' date='Mar 30 2007, 11:31 AM']How can any American "Christian" or any 'moral person' allow that type of likely genocide happen by abandoning Iraq after we (the US) helped put them in this predicament?[/quote]

So its a ok that we're completly ignoring the Genocide in Darfur?

thessalonian

Iraq is another vietnam. So what. :idontknow: It's a war. One in which people don't want to fight in the open but hide in trees and buildings and snipe ya. In fact Iraq is worse because people there don't value the lives of women and children and so will hide amongst them and will blow themselves up in the midst of them to kill a few americans. So what's the point. Does that mean we shouldn't have gone in there to stop Sadaam from killing hundreds of thousands of kurds and whoever else he felt like killing? I don't think so. The war is like Vietnam in another respect. We are trying to fight it with rules and regulations and underminings from Congress. As I remember that was going on in vietnam as well. Should we have been in Vietnam? I was too young to know, but I believe we should have gone in to Iraq. Let the military fight the war and just send the money folks. Then it will get done.

Edited by thessalonian

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1223058' date='Mar 30 2007, 02:38 PM']So its a ok that we're completly ignoring the Genocide in Darfur?[/quote]What does Darfur have to do with troops in Iraq?
Did the US go to Darfur and remove their government and have thousands of troops there and debating whether we pull them out?

Answer the question at hand. Why do you despise the Iraqis so much?

catholicinsd

[quote name='Anomaly' post='1223066' date='Mar 30 2007, 01:01 PM']What does Darfur have to do with troops in Iraq?
Did the US go to Darfur and remove their government and have thousands of troops there and debating whether we pull them out?

Answer the question at hand. Why do you despise the Iraqis so much?[/quote]

The Darfur needs help much more than Iraq. And I dislike the Iraq Muslims who are refusing to do anything pro-active in their government.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1223139' date='Mar 30 2007, 04:08 PM']The Darfur needs help much more than Iraq. And I dislike the Iraq Muslims who are refusing to do anything pro-active in their government.[/quote]There are lot's of reasons why the US isn't in Darfur, namely because the UN and other nations don't want the US there, nor do they want any other country or effective peace keeping force there. Too many people don't like Darfur. I too beleive the US should be in Darfur and have started a thread about it and discussed it.

But we are in Iraq. It is an over-simplification and morally bankrupt to abandon the good people of Iraq to the tyranny of Muslim extremists. How can a Country that can make a difference (the US) claim it has the moral right to go to Darfur to stop the genocide and help establish a new government when it is abandoning it's responsibility to prevent genocide and help establish a new government in Iraq (a problem that the US also helped cause)?

The US is capabale of doing the Right Thing in Iraq. We are obligated now that we helped create the problem. The US must finish what it's started in Iraq, then demand that the world help the US aid Darfur. If the world won't help, then the US should go into Darfur and use the lessons we've learned in helping to establish a stable government.

Sadly, those who are using the war in Iraq as a political weapon between the two political parties are responsibile for thousands of innocent deaths.
I blame Republicans for being too politically scared of Democrats to go ahead and do the right thing and send all the troops and equipment needed to secure the Bahgdad area. The Republicans should have stayed fully committed to the decision they made, despite the political outcome because it's the right thing to do.
I blame Democrats for using Republican mistakes to weaken their political power only in order to gain political power in the US. The Dems weaken the effectiveness of the US in Iraq because they encourage the enemies of the Iraqi people to just keep the pressure up, they will out last the US commitment.
I blame the US Populace who don't pay enough attention to doing the right thing and are picking either the Democrats or the Republican side as if this is some sporting event. The losers are the thousands of Iraqi people being murdered by people who don't want them to even taste the freedoms we have here in the US.

Iraq is another Vietnam because a war for a good reason (to help citizens in another country to establish or keep a represntative government) became an internal US political war and the US will again abandon people paying with their lives in their efforts to purchase a taste of the freedoms that Americans take for granted. Again, the US will shame itself and abandon women, children, and families, to death, torture, and a lifetime of hopelessness under the oppression of tyrannical extremists.

catholicinsd

Thirteen very small colonies can gain indepence than the people of Iraq can form a stable government by themselves.