An Old School Catholic Message Board

Liberals Say Iraq Is Just Like Vietnam!

Lounge Daddy

catholicinsd

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1223440' date='Mar 30 2007, 10:14 PM']The passed a bill so ridiculously idiotic that it would get vetoed, and they knew it. They knew the bill wouldn't do anything, ergo, they did nothing.[/quote]

And yet loaded into that bill is the nessacery funding for that our troops it. [b]Bush will the bill to fund or boys and girls. [/b]

catholicinsd

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1223455' date='Mar 30 2007, 11:22 PM']They designed the bill to get vetoed. And yet you blame Bush. Funny.[/quote]

Bush is the one one who is vetoing the troops

dairygirl4u2c

i do admit this is more complicated than vietnam. anamoly particularly made that clearer to me. then, our pulling out would cause hte war to stop. there was only fighting going on because we were there. now, the infighting will increase much more, and the people are only in that predicament because of us, particualrly White House's shading of the truth. i don' think that measns we should stay though, just more complicated. keep some special forces. give the good guys aid. (if there is an good guy?)

Edited by dairygirl4u2c

catholicinsd

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1223463' date='Mar 30 2007, 11:26 PM']give the good guys aid. (if there is an good guy?)[/quote]

The only good guys in the nation of Iraq at present are the Christian minority.

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1223463' date='Mar 30 2007, 09:26 PM']i do admit this is more complicated than vietnam. anamoly particularly made that clearer to me. then, our pulling out would cause hte war to stop. there was only fighting going on because we were there. now, the infighting will increase much more, and the people are only in that predicament because of us, particualrly White House's shading of the truth. i don' think that measns we should stay though, just more complicated. keep some special forces. give the good guys aid. (if there is an good guy?)[/quote]

Exactly. A timetabled withdrawal will only get more Americans (and Iraqis) murdered in the streets. Emotional responses will not help anyone.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1223471' date='Mar 30 2007, 09:33 PM']Exactly. A timetabled withdrawal will only get more Americans (and Iraqis) murdered in the streets. Emotional responses will not help anyone.[/quote]

You obviously don't understand the situation as it is in Iraq. The only issue that Iraqi's are united on [shiite and sunni] are that they both agree that it's acceptable to kill US Troops, other then that they're killing each other and there's nothing that the US Troops can do about it [resource wise]. The Democrates are proposing a withdraw to get our people out of there, since they are the one's that suffer the most and they aren't helping keep that country out of a civil war, it's happening with or without them there.

Mr. Bush proposed a troop increase, yes but it's still nothing more then what was in Iraq a year or two ago. A small "surge" like that isn't going to change nothing.

Reza

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1223478' date='Mar 30 2007, 09:36 PM']You obviously don't understand the situation as it is in Iraq. The only issue that Iraqi's are united on [shiite and sunni] are that they both agree that it's acceptable to kill US Troops, other then that they're killing each other and there's nothing that the US Troops can do about it [resource wise]. The Democrates are proposing a withdraw to get our people out of there, since they are the one's that suffer the most and they aren't helping keep that country out of a civil war, it's happening with or without them there.

Mr. Bush proposed a troop increase, yes but it's still nothing more then what was in Iraq a year or two ago. A small "surge" like that isn't going to change nothing.

Reza[/quote]

I do understand the situation. You are the one who obviously doesn't understand. (Either that or you're so buried in partisanship that you're blind to reality.)

A timetabled withdrawal won't help. We'll just be piddling around until it's time to go home if we implement one.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1223463' date='Mar 30 2007, 11:26 PM']i do admit this is more complicated than vietnam. anamoly particularly made that clearer to me. then, our pulling out would cause hte war to stop.[/quote]

No - it would not cause the war to stop.
Iraq is only one front in the war. We would be pulling out of a very important front.

I don't have much to say about the war. My brother is a Marine and you can guess how he feels about it, and from that you can imagine what I and the rest of our family think about it. I just have to point out that if the Democrats were serious about ending the fighting they wouldn't have loaded up all that pork into the bill. The way they did it is a nice way to score political points, but it's rather insincere :(

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Maggie' post='1223494' date='Mar 30 2007, 09:46 PM']I don't have much to say about the war. My brother is a Marine and you can guess how he feels about it, and from that you can imagine what I and the rest of our family think about it. [b]I just have to point out that if the Democrats were serious about ending the fighting they wouldn't have loaded up all that pork into the bill. The way they did it is a nice way to score political points, but it's rather insincere[/b] :([/quote]

:yes:

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='T-Bone' post='1223455' date='Mar 30 2007, 11:22 PM']They designed the bill to get vetoed. And yet you blame Bush. Funny.[/quote]

Heck YES! They are playing politics with a war. And they will get us all killed!

[b]This is a bill that has $25 million for spinach but nothing for the troops![/b]
our troops need a renewed budget by April 15 at the latest - yet our Democratic controlled congress chooses not to return to Washing until April 16... at the earliest.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1223165' date='Mar 30 2007, 04:04 PM']Thirteen very small colonies can gain indepence than the people of Iraq can form a stable government by themselves.[/quote]

The people of Iraq are not being given the chance to form a stable government. They are being inundated by insurgements who are there specifically to destablize. These insurgents are Shites coming from Syria and Iran. Let us not forget that Iran has sent it's elite troops into Iraq - we know this because we have caught them. On the other side, we have Sunnis coming from the rest of the Muslim world and are alined with a little group called Al Qaida, perhaps you have heard of them.

The stategic importance of this region cannot be overstated. Whether you like it or not the economy of the world is powered by oil. It goes into nearly everything that we use. It is the main ingredient in most all plastics. Try going a day without plastics. It is about so much more that just gas for our cars. An interuption in oil production would have devastating effects on the economy of every nation of the world. This is not simply about us.

Iran had long had a desire to establish a califate that would encompass the region and to include the holy sites in Saudi Arabia. Study the history of the Islamic Revolution in Iran.

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1222995' date='Mar 30 2007, 10:55 AM']Were they the ones to called for this war?

Were they the ones to send the boys and girls over?

Were they the ones to didn't equip those kids properly?

Are they vetoing a bill giving our troops more money?

Are they refusing to do anything to bring them home?[/quote]

Let's see...I have a few answers for this.

1. It was nearly all of Congress that called for and approved the use of force in Iraq. Some want you to forget that but go to the congressional record and read what was being said at the time.
2. #1 means that we sent our fighting men and women to war.
3. Our troops, don't call them kids, kid, are being supplied with equipment as it becomes available. It has been held up by the antics of congress. Remember Kerry's statement the he voted for an increase of funding for the troops before he voted against it.
4. Bush is threatening to veto the current bill because it is so laden with pet projects.
5. How do you stop fight the spread of radical Islam from within the US? Wars are not won on defense.

keep in mind Hilary and Bill were both calling for war in Iraq even during the Clinton administration. He just didnt follow through cuz he's Clinton.